• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New CAD Comics

cad-20141224-75016.png

cad-20141222-d2797.png

haha

Silky

Banned
See the first one is actually good, but they can do without the obnoxious font and the bottom caption. It could've hit more like that.

Second one's ass.

Replace the Minecraft text with a shadow of the number 7 and you've got a decent comic. The other... Well at least he tried I guess.

Veldin

It's amazing how Buckley can consistently ruin slightly funny jokes by going too far. He's constantly afraid that the reader won't get what he's talking about so he keeps adding in shit to beat them over the head.

Welfare

That first "comic" would've been decent if it didn't have that bottom caption.

Second one is... it needs work. If the first panel dialogue bubble was shortened somewhat (didn't need the games part or the "we still have data" part) and the third panel was changed, it could've been somewhat decent as well.

Sou Da

It's amazing how Buckley can consistently ruin slightly funny jokes by going too far. He's constantly afraid that the reader won't get what he's talking about so he keeps adding in shit to beat them over the head.

So, he's Seth McFarlane except less successful? Better than being Sohmer I guess.

samn

He missed an obvious route to go with the first one, it should be about Calculator investigating the deaths of other classic bundled-in software e.g. Solitaire, Notepad, Minesweeper.

Third comic ought to be 1/3 the length it is.

Neo Saf

Neo Member
Man, ever since SomethingAwful shut down their long-running CAD Mock Thread, I've really missed seeing Loss edits.

Is he still sticking with "The Players" as the main characters?

Man, ever since SomethingAwful shut down their long-running CAD Mock Thread, I've really missed seeing Loss edits.

Is he still sticking with "The Players" as the main characters?

According to the last CAD thread, he rebooted again and now Ethan & co. are back as superheroes or some shit.

The original gamersgater

exPAzXE.jpg

I kinda wonder if Buckley's made any comment about GamerGate. I mean, I'd ASSUME that he's come out as unabashedly pro-GG (this is the guy who once talked about how hard his ex-girlfriend's miscarrage was on HIM, for God's sake), but I'd also assume the same thing about DSP, and he managed to surprise me by taking an anti-GG stance.

L Thammy

I kinda wonder if Buckley's made any comment about GamerGate. I mean, I'd ASSUME that he's come out as unabashedly pro-GG (this is the guy who once talked about how hard his ex-girlfriend's miscarrage was on HIM, for God's sake), but I'd also assume the same thing about DSP, and he managed to surprise me by taking an anti-GG stance.

Well, bear in mind that DSP's original anti-Gamergate statement was because he took the "ethics in gaming journalism" story at face value.

EDIT: Not saying that support for Gamergate is better, mind, just that DSP is still pretty clueless.

Top Bottom