• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New character in Super Mario 3D World Announced (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzy72

Banned
Nintendo announced a new playable character for Super Mario 3D World in the latest Direct: Rosalina!

BY9wSF9CcAAosQ7.jpg:large

Will update with trailer soon.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Rosalina >> Peach

also nice that her special ability is the spin from Mario Galaxy

Galang

Banned
So glad at this! Will be alternating between her and Toad like in Mario Kart. Hopefully this trend continues.

Lijik

it was predictable after gaf discovered the observatory in that big official art, but still a fun addition

(would have preferred waluigi)

(gimmie year of waluigi nintendo)

Gamerloid

She's lovely. Amazing character from Super Mario Galaxy with a nicely flushed out background thanks to the story books.

She quickly became one of my favorites in the Mario franchise. Add her to Mario Party, Golf, and future Tennis games too!

Clov

I wonder who the 4th character in Tropical Freeze is.

Funky Kong; plays exactly like DK, but has sunglasses and that 1990s appeal

On topic, this is some pretty awesome news! It's going to be interesting playing as her. Also, it looks like there's some Galaxy inspired stages in the game.

That's fantastic! We needed more female playable characters in Mario games...and Rosalina is perfect for the job!

I really hope she will show up in Super Smash Bros. now that she's a playable character in 3D World.

Effect

Looking at that picture it seems like there could very well be a Galaxy styled level or world. The observatory hidden in the previous images wasn't just for kicks now that Rosalina is playable. You see it much closer now. Though I would like to see Daisy playable in the platformer one of these days.

Shinta

Banned
So she has the air spin like NSMB U? That's her unique move? If so, she's my new main. The air spin is the best move added to Mario since Mario 64. Does she glide like Peach too?

Also, I don't know if you guys noticed but Mario has a rolling attack now that looks to replace the head first dive from 64. FINALLY.

Village

Could this open this up for DLC characters later down the line? Possible cosmetic changes to what cinematic story elements they have?

Anteo

So she has the air spin like NSMB U? That's her unique move? If so, she's my new main. The air spin is the best move added to Mario since Mario 64. Does she glide like Peach too?

Also, I don't know if you guys noticed but Mario has a rolling attack now that looks to replace the head first dive from 64. FINALLY.

That's actually the air spin from Galaxy, it does damage to enemies around and gives much more air time than the one from NSBU. It doesnt look like she glides.

The roll attack comes back from 3d land, and it probably wont work on enemies just like 3d land, just blocks and boxes (helps to avoid jumping and keep the speed in speedruns). It does allow you to do a fast long jump from standing still by chaining roll into jump. It was awesome to use when you got to the top of the stairs before a flag with no speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom