• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crysis movie

rod

Banned
when this game comes out, ive already decided im going to spend WHATEVER IT TAKES to get this beauty to run at 60fps constant.

kevm3

Really beautiful graphics, but looks a bit boring. Not a real fan of hyper realism. I can't wait to see this engine used in a really stylized manner though... Although it'll never happen, a Tenchu with graphics like this = gaming heaven.

PolyGone

Banned
+ great looking physics and destructible environs
+ interesting premise

- poor frame rate even in an official trailer
- proof once more only the Japanese can design cool looking suits

I'd like Crysis alot more if it

A. Was a bit more creative. The entire plot/setting is stupid and boring

B. Took less emphasis on realism and focused on coding the game for slower computers and creativity

Like Half Life 2, great looking game and I ran it on my old Compaq with 256MB of RAM, a 64MB PCI graphics card and a 2.7Ghz processor well enough to beat the entire game. Is that good coding or is that good coding?

"Like Half Life 2, great looking game and I ran it on my old Compaq with 256MB of RAM, a 64MB PCI graphics card and a 2.7Ghz processor well enough to beat the entire game. Is that good coding or is that good coding?"

It was also dated, technically, by the time it was released. Fantastic art direction is what makes it look good. Crysis doesn't quite have that going for it, but it does have the insane tech for it.

That video didn't make me go WOW, the framerate looks really bad and you know their running it on a ninja style pc so i get the feeling this will run really bad on 95% of pc's out there.

SPEA

looks incredible. the gameplay though doesnt seem that great. pointless points anyway since ill nevvvver be able to run this game

Kabouter

I don't really understand the people hating on the gameplay or setting, seemed fine to me. However, I won't be playing this anytime soon. I'll wait until '08, when I've got DX10 hardware. It'll probably still look pretty good then.

MMaRsu

Banned
Kabouter said:
I don't really understand the people hating on the gameplay or setting, seemed fine to me. However, I won't be playing this anytime soon. I'll wait until '08, when I've got DX10 hardware. It'll probably still look pretty good then.

Because it's a bit generic ^_^. Beautiful graphics yes, and nice environments but it's not really doing anything groundbreaking.

Kabouter

MMaRsu said:
Because it's a bit generic ^_^. Beautiful graphics yes, and nice environments but it's not really doing anything groundbreaking.

It's no more generic than a lot of games that DO get tons of hype.

JRPereira

Eh, the new video isn't that impressive, but this one was the video that really amazed me. Action-packed night battles against giant alien invaders are awesome.

Top Bottom