• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 footage. (Update 2: Releasing Worldwide In September)

They list the stages from DOA Dimensions as well, but the new levels appear to be using a different file format and I'm able to distinguish them that way. I'm not quite sure if I should list out all the stages to be honest... One returning stage is the Tatami mat level and there appear to be 16 levels in total, 7 of which have a second tier and no stages appear to have more than that but don't quote me on that.
I'm disappointed Gaf... I'm highlighting the hint I gave in the post.

Since no one got it, I'll just post the list:
  • Plant Heliport
  • Gym
  • Lobby
  • Tatami
  • Pro Wres
  • Temple
  • Aquarium
  • South Pole
  • Battlefield
  • Circus
  • Train
  • Dorou
  • Jungle
  • Laboratory
  • Plant
  • Sibuya

The items in bold are the stages with two tiers but it doesn't look like any stage has more than that. These are obviously placeholder names, for example: Sibuya is the stage playable in the demo but they call it "Scramble" now. They tease Battlefield and Dorou in the demo's title screen as well.

benzy

I'm disappointed Gaf... I'm highlighting the hint I gave in the post.

Since no one got it, I'll just post the list:

The items in bold are the stages with two tiers but it doesn't look like any stage has more than that. These are obviously placeholder names, for example: Sibuya is the stage playable in the demo but they call it "Scramble" now. They tease Battlefield and Dorou in the demo's title screen as well.

I'm assuming the jungle stage is the one they showed in the akira trailer. I'm sad to see there isn't a beach level.

Aw, no
Kage
? Fair enough. The series already has more
Ninjas
than
Mortal Kombat

NotSureIfSerious1.jpg

Galdelico

I wonder how many characters are going to look Kasumi-good and how many are going to look Hitomi-derp.
Still not finding Hitomi that offensive, but... Judging by the demo fighters, it's 3-1 for Good Looking team. Enough for me to be quite positive for the other characters. :D

I have to see Tina and Jann Lee tho, before I can start posting thankyoubasedgod gifs.

TreIII

Still not finding Hitomi that offensive, but... Judging by the demo fighters, it's 3-1 for Good Looking team. Enough for me to be quite positive for the other characters. :D

I have to see Tina and Jann Lee tho, before I can start posting thankyoubasedgod gifs.

To me, at least, Hitomi looks fine. Especially on screen.

Again, I really want to see how time has treated Lisa. And if they can give her more than just a pancake ass, I'll be happy with her design. :lol

To me, at least, Hitomi looks fine. Especially on screen.

Again, I really want to see how time has treated Lisa. And if they can give her more than just a pancake ass, I'll be happy with her design. :lol

All the girls had pancake asses in the last game since they shared the same body minus the boobies.

It'd be nice to see if bodies were varied this time around. Certain girls have bigger waist sizes, more pronounced muscles, etc. since Lisa is from Brazil(?). I know DoA:p on the PSP experimented a bit with light muscles on the textures.

I'd like to see how the rest of the guys are handled though. Ryu's face looks incredibly weird in NG3 and Hayate looked a bit too Soul Calibur-y. Has there been any word on new characters?

notworksafe

Wow that was fast! :D CSX was the fastest though. PM is on its way.

Also emailing Tecmo works...cause that's how I got this code. I recommend trying it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lol I email them and I still havent gotten any response -____-

I was one of the first posting the email here and they recently asked me to verify which console after that nothing else.

notworksafe

I got mine at about 3am this morning. Seems they are tackling the backlog of emails they must have. If you call it is instant, but you'll have to give them another PS3 code in exchange (I gave my SC5 Dampierre code :D).

notworksafe

Sorta...I called up and said my code in the NG3 CE didn't work and they gave me a new code. Somewhat shady but I don't feel bad because it's just a demo.

Sorta...I called up and said my code in the NG3 CE didn't work and they gave me a new code. Somewhat shady but I don't feel bad because it's just a demo.

what time did you call? i never get an answer. i also sent an email a few days ago and still haven't heard back. this sucks. i'm dying to play this damn demo.

tribal24

Banned
I sent a email to them using a email a few post back and they got me a collectors edition code without having to purchase ninja gaiden 3. Just tell them the code you got didn't work

MjFrancis

That's real shady, especially considering cats on eBay are paying upwards of $67.95 to get a hold of this demo. Then again, faced with the alternative of either getting the demo for free or paying $45 - $67 for it, I know which choice I'd attempt first.

It's fostering a little regret that I entered my premium demo code the moment I opened my copy of Ninja Gaiden 3, though!

KTallguy

Banned
Silly quotes aside, the demo is pretty good, and they're doing a lot of innovative stuff with the environment. The fighting is also great, and I think the tweaks to the system make it much better than DOA4.

I've never really been excited about a DOA game before, but with the environments, updated look of the characters, overall match flow, and just general presentation, this will be the first DOA I buy... on release or ever.

And the Option-Select that happens (without on screen prompts, mind you) when you are hanging on the ledge is fucking awesome, it's not a QTE. It's a canned option select, just like Vanessa's take down from VF or something similar. Just crazier animation.

Skilletor

Silly quotes aside, the demo is pretty good, and they're doing a lot of innovative stuff with the environment. The fighting is also great, and I think the tweaks to the system make it much better than DOA4.

I've never really been excited about a DOA game before, but with the environments, updated look of the characters, overall match flow, and just general presentation, this will be the first DOA I buy... on release or ever.

And the Option-Select that happens (without on screen prompts, mind you) when you are hanging on the ledge is fucking awesome, it's not a QTE. It's a canned option select, just like Vanessa's take down from VF or something similar. Just crazier animation.

Yup. And the strategy with powerblows is pretty awesome since those sequences might not net guaranteed damage.

I do think environmental damage is a bit high, though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Did you have to give them a code or anything?

They do not ask anything they just give you 2 codes NG3 online pass and Dead or Alive 5 Demo. If you tell them you have NG3 Collectors edition they give you the 4 characters demo.

3AQmK.gif

TreIII

Hopefully, Grap3 won't mind if I post his latest Team Ninja tweet-translations!

grap3fruitman said:
"So how is everyone liking the DOA5 Alpha Demo? There's still time to fill out the survey! Let us know what you think! #DOA5"

"Today, we're going to get some tweets from the director himself! #DOA5"

"[D-YS] Hi everyone. I'm Yohei Shimbori, and I'm the director for DOA5. (My tweets will start with [D-YS].) #DOA5"

"[D-YS] I love fighting games, and I've been working on DOA ever since I joined Tecmo. #DOA5"

"[D-YS] As director, I am responsible for deciding the game specs and direction for creating fighting entertainment. #DOA5"

"[D-YS] "Fighting entertainment" for us means something that pro fighters and casual gamers can enjoy. #DOA5"

"[D-YS] Moving forward, I'll be sharing info about the game system and other details... #DOA5"

"[D-YS] ...When I get a break from development, that is. (Now back to work.) Stay tuned! #DOA5"
- http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/team-ninja-twitter.454/page-26#post-9226

jkh13

Neo Member
I just got a code from the email but the new code doesn't work either!! My PSN account is in the UK and the code came from tecmo america. Does this make a difference?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
They do not ask anything they just give you 2 codes NG3 online pass and Dead or Alive 5 Demo. If you tell them you have NG3 Collectors edition they give you the 4 characters demo.

3AQmK.gif

I tried this and got the following response:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but if you can send us a photo copy of the code from either the receipt, back of the redemption card or copying and pasting the code(digital copy) then we will be able to further assist you."

So I guess it's been abused one too many times. Anyone have a used redemption card or code portion of the receipt that they can take a screenshot of and PM to me? :D

Top Bottom