• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 footage. (Update 2: Releasing Worldwide In September)

Sorry for asking this as I've been a bit out of the loop recently but is buying the NG3 special edition the only way to get the DOA5 demo at the moment? I'm on PS3 and am eager to give it a shot but to be honest I really don't want to buy NG3. Does anyone know if it will be released for everyone to download on PSN at some point?

Call Tecmo and ask them. only they know if the DOA5 demo will eventually be released.

Sectus

I was browsing through the executable, even going as far as disassembling it, and I didn't see any of this. Where specifically did you see it? There's an index file that lists a fair amount of actual data contained in the game but no other characters are mentioned besides the four in the demo. It does list out the level files available in the demo; Sibuya, Battlefield, and Dorou. If I'm remembering correctly, RTM, at least in DOA4, referred to story mode only models like Murumasa, the shop owner from Ninja Gaiden, and even the monkeys on that one stage. I would assume that the same applies here. I'm also going to be very sad if Tengu doesn't make the cut this time around.

Search for "character/PAI/costume/COS_006/PAI_COS_006.tmc" . Alongside that string, there's a ton of others for every other character. That's what I based my list on.

I'll remove RTM from my list then, since it's not a character.

DrDogg

Just want to point out that
Sarah
may not be from
Virtua Fighter
and could be a new character. While it seems likely it's the same person, the name is pretty common so we'll see.

I would rather see two new characters and two
VF
characters instead of one new character and three
VF
characters.

In the DOA engine, it's hard to imagine the
VF
characters playing all that different. For people who play the other game, it won't really be like new characters. Plus, if you're going to include three, you may as well add five more and call it a crossover title.

Search for "character/PAI/costume/COS_006/PAI_COS_006.tmc" . Alongside that string, there's a ton of others for every other character. That's what I based my list on.

I'll remove RTM from my list then, since it's not a character.
Okay, so if you look at the section related to character select camera's you can see that there are 24 characters listed. Some other characters referenced in the executable are from DOA Dimensions, which just confirms that this is a port of that. DOA3 did the same thing by including some files from DOA2H's Tengu, who is sadly looking to be missing from DOA5... =(

Characters referenced in the character select camera section are:

PAI
SARAH
AKIRA
MILA
RIG
BAYMAN
HITOMI
CHRISTIE
BRAD
LISA
ELIOT
AYANE
LEIFANG
HAYATE
KOKORO
BASS
LEON
HELENA
GENFU
KASUMI
HAYABUSA
JANNLEE
TINA
ZACK

RTM isn't even listed because the models used in the story mode don't need anything in the character select but this confirms that Rig is an actual character. Neat.

The stages are listed as well...

DNAgent

Banned
It really sucks that Hayashi is killing off all of the franchises. While I thought NG3 was ok overall it looks like the DOA franchise is dead especially with him adding a bunch of lame mechanics like "power blows" which shouldn't be in the game to begin with. Now you don't even need to be near the environment to get thrown into it. Add on to that with them adding in a bunch of lame Virtua Fighter characters that don't fit at all. I'm still not even sure why they're calling this "Dead or Alive 5" considering it looks nothing like a DOA game anymore. It doesn't even deserve to have the same name as the DOA games.

It really sucks that Hayashi is killing off all of the franchises. While I thought NG3 was ok overall it looks like the DOA franchise is dead especially with him adding a bunch of lame mechanics like "power blows" which shouldn't be in the game to begin with. Now you don't even need to be near the environment to get thrown into it. Add on to that with them adding in a bunch of lame Virtua Fighter characters that don't fit at all. I'm still not even sure why they're calling this "Dead or Alive 5" considering it looks nothing like a DOA game anymore. It doesn't even deserve to have the same name as the DOA games.

So what did you think of the demo

sleepykyo

??????

Skilletor

So what's the general opinion so far? Good, decent, or Ninja Gaiden 3 bad? Kinda concerned after seeing NG3's changes.

Potentially the best DoA yet, imo. I've played about 100 matches in this demo vs. the CPU and it feels great. I can't wait to play vs. other people :).

This demo is as good as the entire game of NG3 is bad.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Did the code come in the regular or collector's edition? Because a Tecmo rep just said it was in collector's only. :/

Are these stages from previous games or are they new names?
They list the stages from DOA Dimensions as well, but the new levels appear to be using a different file format and I'm able to distinguish them that way. I'm not quite sure if I should list out all the stages to be honest... One returning stage is the Tatami mat level and there appear to be 16 levels in total, 7 of which have a second tier and no stages appear to have more than that but don't quote me on that.

icecream

Public Health Threat
No Aoi is a bit sad, but it's understandable that Sarah would be chosen, as she's as iconic as Akira in the VF franchise.

No idea how Pai was selected though. And it's unfortunate that Ein and Tengu won't make the cut this time around.

Also curious to see if Team Ninja will try anything on the DLC route in terms of characters.

No Aoi is a bit sad, but it's understandable that Sarah would be chosen, as she's as iconic as Akira in the VF franchise.

No idea how Pai was selected though. And it's unfortunate that Ein and Tengu won't make the cut this time around.

Also curious to see if Team Ninja will try anything on the DLC route in terms of characters.

Pai and Sarah are VF's 2 leading ladies so that would explain that away.

No Ein sucks but I've always had Hitomi to keep me centered.

And obligatory, YEA ICECREAM!!!!

Sayah

Is there any way to get my hands on the demo aside from having to buy NG3? Maybe some place is selling the codes separately?

raven777

wallpapers if you complete survey online
they have android and iphone ones as well.

PC_kasumi_1920x1080.jpg

PC_ayane_1920x1080.jpg

PC_hitomi_1920x1080.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL now I know what's bugging me about Hitomi in most of the pics. HER UPPER LIP. seriously cover up her mouth and her new look is fine

Something about Hitomi just didn't transfer over correctly with the new graphics. I hope the non asian characters don't look hideous. LOL.
please don't eff up Tina or Lisa

Top Bottom