• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead Space 3 Screenshots & Previews (New Psychosis Feature Detailed) [Up: Video]

codecow

One little thing I hope is an option to change the way the reticule works. It looks like its simply a fixed dot in the screen now, unlike the past games where it was an actual laser dot that was painted on objects in the world. That made it easier to see what you were actually targeting, like limbs and stuff. And it worked nicely with how so much of the HUD elements were implemented into the actual game world too.

As in DS2 the classic aiming option will return for DS3.

codecow

Two questions about SP:

-It's possible to play the full campaign as Carver in the single player mode?

- If i play DS3 only in SP, Carver will be in the story or he will not appear at all?

1. No.
2. He will be in the story from time to time but there is no AI follower.

legacyzero

Banned
Ok, the Psychosis concept now has me interested in co-op.

Oddly enough because I am HUGELY against Co-op in games like this. Ruined RE5 and RE6 IMO.

I think we're actually doing something a lot more involved than what I am seeing there in the picture. The picture looks like two people in the same physical space seeing the same enemies with different models.

We're not doing that at all.

That sounds great!

Videad

Neo Member
Hi codecow

Thanks for all the development team for the big effort in give us a great game experience, I apreciate all your comments and answer. I really love all the universe around Dead Space, books, graphic novels, animations, all the story and lore are amazing.

I have one cuestion, the ammo remains as universal ammo or are divided into different types?

Hi codecow

Thanks for all the development team for the big effort in give us a great game experience, I apreciate all your comments and answer. I really love all the universe around Dead Space, books, graphic novels, animations, all the story and lore are amazing.

I have one cuestion, the ammo remains as universal ammo or are divided into different types?

I think they ditched the Universal Ammo.

JJD

Huge fan of Dead Space here. Played all the games including the Severed DLC and even the original version of Extraction on the Wii (played it on the PS3 too!).

The video looks good, if you just have to put multiplayer on Dead Space co-op is the way to go. Thank God you guys at Visceral are doing co-op right and not forcing another player or a NPC with you at all times like Capcom does with RE nowadays.

That said my first play through will still be solo. But I'm definitely interested in trying co op, and I never even tried DS2 competitive mode. Maybe it was good but I never had the desire to try that out when I got the game, played DS2 3 times and at that time it was enough for me. I thought that competitive MP didn't add anything to the series. A few months later I decided to try it but couldn't find a single game to join.

If a fan who owns all the comics and animated movies based on DS and even has read one of the books fells like a new game mode is just not worth it you know it probably has some issues, or maybe that wasn't the way to go.

The only thing I'd like to add about DS3 is that I think not being able to play as Carver on single player is a huuuge missed opportunity.

Think of Resident Evil 2. 85% (probably more) of the content is still the same. There's very few areas exclusive for Claire or Leon. They're practically going to the same places. The major difference is item placing and the trench coat Tyrant chasing you on the second play through.

Imagine how great it would be if one run affected the other. Again RE2 is a great template for this.

If you don't have the budget to do a couple more different areas, just do different cut scenes, ending, expand the lore. Fans would still enjoy it.

A new perspective would go long ways to extend the replay value. He'll if you really want to milk it, make difficulty based achievements/trophies for both Isaac and Carver.

I really hope DS3 gets released digitally on the PSN. NFS Most Wanted and Medal of Honor all were available day 1. I don't live in the US, games are a lot more expensive here so I've began to buy a lot of stuff digitally.

Top Bottom