• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New desk opinions

kingbean

I'm thinking about picking up this 72" monster here:

I've read some reviews on amazon and it seems to be pretty solid, but I was wondering if anyone on here happened to have an experience with this desk.

Pagusas

Elden Member
is your goal just to have a flat top that things can sit on... or do you actually care about style and having something visually pleasing and interesting?

kingbean

is your goal just to have a flat top that things can sit on... or do you actually care about style and having something visually pleasing and interesting?

I just want a big fuck off space that can support my stuff. I've used cheaper desks and they fall to pieces in a few years.

I don't have a good picture of my current desk, but I've got my PC sitting on a dinner tray because my current desk isn't big enough to support it.

BigBooper

I don't have that exact desk, but it looks a lot like what I have at work. Very heavy, but also feels like it will break in two if you slide it across the floor any. If you just want a big cheap desk that you don't care about lasting you a lifetime, it's probably fine.

kingbean

I was hoping to get a desk locally, but no where near me seems to sale large desks. And I'm far to lazy and lack the tools to build one out of anything.

haxan7

Banned
Why not get a desk that goes up and down so you can sit or stand? I’ve been using one for years now due to chronic neck pain.

there are some nice simple designs on the market these days that look just like a regular desk.

rykomatsu

Ikea hack:
ikea-karlby-desk-98-desktop-computer-setups-lovely-in-walnut-color-resting-on-two-review-1.jpg

Karlby countertop (6 or 8ft option)
Alex drawers x2
(Optional) Capita Legs x2

Not sure about the 6ft, but the 8ft countertop will sag, so recommend screwing a steel angle iron on the back edge of the countertop:
IMG_3605-768x768.jpg

Alternatively, you can put legs on in the back as well (like 1 or 2 Olov legs)

i'm happy with my ikea desk

i think it might be called alex

which is a shame i wish it could have been something like woodiebonner

edit: it's big enough, which is good because i accidentally ordered a XL steelseries mouse pad and it's well over a foot square~

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I bought a Fully Jarvis sit-stand desk that has worked great over the years.

I strongly recommend looking into that. It's more expensive but ultimately, good for your health.

ClaraCraighead

Neo Member

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I'm thinking about picking up this 72" monster here:

I've read some reviews on amazon and it seems to be pretty solid, but I was wondering if anyone on here happened to have an experience with this desk.

I bought that same desk for home and it’sthe way to go. It’s way better than any small cheaply made pos desk that you buy at somewhere like staples. And it cost less.

Top Bottom