• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Diablo 3 Trailer: Follower System

JDS 1977

Banned
sega4ever said:
what the hell? the follower will only only follows you in single player. so its never going to be used.

I always play single player. I've played d2 several times and never went online. It's just not my thing and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Dynoro

Corky said:
Are they using "the wow-engine" ( whatever it's called ) for D3? Isn't the WoW engine a modified Wc3 engine?
I was under the impression both SC2 and Diablo 3 used a modified WoW engine

M74

I love this series and I really want to like this entry, too. Usually I like colorful games, but the WoW aesthetics are killing this for me. The armor and ability icons, in particular, look like they were ripped right out of WoW. :/

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Dynoro said:

Ah as was I, but I haven't really seen anyone confirm it per se.

Naeblish

sega4ever said:
what the hell? the follower will only only follows you in single player. so its never going to be used.
Or in MP when you are alone. I don't get it either, why the hell would they choose for that?

Having never played Diablo, I thought I would be immune to the hype surrounding this game. Though, the more I see, the more I want... Damn you, Blizzard!

KareBear

Dynoro said:

Corky said:
Ah as was I, but I haven't really seen anyone confirm it per se.

Wow you two could not be more wrong.They both use separate proprietary engines.

Blizzard Employee said:
The fact that the Diablo III engine began life at Blizzard North written from the ground up by Jason Regier, and the StarCraft II engine was written from the ground up by Bob Fitch.

(Obviously there are many other programmers on each team that helped throughout the years, but being lead programmers on each project they made up the lion share. I just don’t want to discount the contribution of their teams.)

steadfast

Interesting nugget from the AusGamers interview:

AusGamers: So in terms of the content of the finished game, are you guys basically complete there and just balancing everything now?

Leonard: I’m not really going to answer that just now. I’ll just say, keep your eyes open over the next couple of weeks and you’ll have a better idea of where we’re at.

Hopefully means the beta is closer to July than September.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
KareBear said:
Wow you two could not be more wrong.They both use separate proprietary engines.

easy cowboy, he said he was " under the impression " and I said as was I, none of said we had it tattooed on our foreheads.

steadfast said:
updated OP with more links and official Blizzard page.

You should just put all videos up there xD

Class Specific Gameplay:

Other Stuff:

M74 said:
I love this series and I really want to like this entry, too. Usually I like colorful games, but the WoW aesthetics are killing this for me. The armor and ability icons, in particular, look like they were ripped right out of WoW. :/
My biggest complaint is that it looks more WoW inspired than 96 Diablo inspired, but not a huge surprise considering the distance Diablo II made itself. It is killing me. Wrong universe, wrong game, wrong art...

I'll still play it until my tendons dissolve.

Top Bottom