• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it, fucking enough already, DBZ was awesome I get it, but please move on or at least create a new cast of characters.

FD3QWdm.png

UPDATE! : Alleged new DBS logo emerged before tonight's reveal, confirms Blue Form.
nB7mFiR.jpg

Will update tonight.

This is a fanmade logo from the forum Kanzenshuu.com... You can even spot the author's initials on it (TDC, TheDevilsCorpse).

Here are some other fanmade logos from the same thread:

S6F6hh0.png

XYrH0rn.png

7I4VYwv.png

And for the record, this is the official logo:
JA2joap.png

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Still haven't seen ROF yet. Christ I cant wait til August. I just watched BoG and that was fantastic. How many have seen ROF and where can I watch it?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I would like to see some more enemies with unique powers, other than "OMG power level is HUUUUGE" kinda like how unique some of Narutos villains. Would like to see team work and a boost for Tien. He along with Piccolo should have always been a bit weaker than Goku.

Seemed like Buu was Cell on some serious steroids with his regeneration and learning of moves. Not every bad guy needs to have regeneration....also I would love to see them explore Daburas demon world a bit more. He was such an interesting villain with such cool design and background story. He totally deserved his own saga.

Would be cool to also see what some OG DB characters are up to. Like Nam, Girin, Launch and Umpa.
Nam is leading his village and singing the praises of Mr Satan like the other sheep

Sheroking

Is such a thing even possible?

Anyone who saw the Bardock special wouldn't ask that question.

BoG actually surpassed my (low) expectations. People in here grossly overrate the early anime stuff anyway. It was inconsistent as hell. Far better by the end of the series.

andymcc

Banned
Far better by the end of the series.

That's not really true. I would say that, without question, most of Dragon Ball looked better than Z as a whole. From my limited understanding, there was a huge shift in staff around the time of the freeza saga. Some episodes look amazing (the first Super Saiyan episode) and some looks dreadful (literally the next episode or two).

The Boo saga looks much better than the end of Freeza all the way up to the cell saga though.

Hans Holo

Banned
Where's all the hype at?! I mean we are getting the first look on a NEW DRAGON BALL SERIES in a few minutes!!

Come ooooooooonnnnnnnnn hype hype hype

That's not really true. I would say that, without question, most of Dragon Ball looked better than Z as a whole. From my limited understanding, there was a huge shift in staff around the time of the freeza saga. Some episodes look amazing (the first Super Saiyan episode) and some looks dreadful (literally the next episode or two).

The Boo saga looks much better than the end of Freeza all the way up to the cell saga though.
The best animation was throughout the Saiyan saga IMO. It was consistent and the characters were really well drawn. Some really ugly animation started to creep in around the time of the Ginyu force

There didn't seem to be much logic in where the best animation was put from then on either. There were filler episodes with the best animators from memory and then you would have ugly as sin animation the first time Goku fought as a Super Saiyan

Kaze Kyou

In Japan right now, there's one more episode after this that details he meeting of Uub, and there was a really quick, 10 second preview of Super!!' :O

Not much though, just a couple of shots of characters with new designs, Goku was wearing a scarf of sorts. Goku going Super Saiyan Hipster confirmed?

EDIT: Beaten like Buu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom