• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DRIVECLUB branding guidelines video shows spectacular visuals!

After seeing Project Cars its really not that impressive IMO...
Need to see some new direct feed footage. These 720p marketing trailers aren't indicative of the actual visuals.
Just look at the reveal trailer and the actual direct feed footage we got last year.

Maybe once PC is released on the PS4 you'll be able to see which looks best (on PS4). As it stands currently, it is the best looking racer so far on next gen hardware.

Piggus

After seeing Project Cars its really not that impressive IMO...
Need to see some new direct feed footage. These 720p marketing trailers aren't indicative of the actual visuals.
Just look at the reveal trailer and the actual direct feed footage we got last year.

Seriously? Project Cars is a nice looking game in screenshots and replays but it doesn't look all that great when you're actually playing it. They still have a ways to go in the lighting departments on some tracks.

tbm24

Maybe once PC is released on the PS4 you'll be able to see which looks best (on PS4). As it stands currently, it is the best looking racer so far on next gen hardware.

I don't see how PC still doesn't win just because it's on a console. Price of entry doesn't devalue the quality of said game.

viveks86

Are we sure this isn't just conceptual stuff? The beginning footage is from the reveal bullshot trailer.

Not sure. It obviously isn't gameplay, but they have already confirmed that it's in-engine. My guess is, it suggests what replay videos can look like.

What are you peeps talking about gameplay for? Its a damn racing game. You will hit the acceleration button, hit the brake button, drift around corners and run into stuff. What else is there to know?

This game will end up being one of the best looking next-gen games of 2014 I think. The environments look stunning and absolutely no end in sight to the draw distance. Photo-realistic looking in many places. Awesome stuff.

Which is why this secretive release date is killing me. Just let me know if it will hit Q1 atleast ...

jet1911

Seriously? Project Cars is a nice looking game in screenshots and replays but it doesn't look all that great when you're actually playing it. They still have a ways to go in the lighting departments on some tracks.

Take a look at my post on page 3. And obviously some things are not finished on some tracks the game is far from being done...

What are you peeps talking about gameplay for? Its a damn racing game. You will hit the acceleration button, hit the brake button, drift around corners and run into stuff. What else is there to know?

I hope Driveclub will be more PGR like than NFS like in gameplay. Big difference even if all you do is pressing R2 and L2.

I don't see how PC still doesn't win just because it's on a console. Price of entry doesn't devalue the quality of said game.

If you want to get the best looking version of PC, then you need more money than you would by buying a PS4 (PS+ version of DC is free), besides... actual PC gameplay footage doesn't look that ace (environments aren't up to snuff compared to DC).

GHG

You know, because it's still in development...

In have some footage on my PC that I recorded that will blow drive club out of the water. Don't make me turn some of it into gif's...

That said, Driveclub looks fantastic in its own right and I can't wait for it. It's a completely different type of game to pCars anyway.

Piggus

Take a look at my post on page 3. And obviously some things are not finished on some tracks the game is far from being done...

It's one of the only great looking tracks in pCARS so far. I started it up like a week ago and was super disappointed at the progress of the visuals. Though I guess it's still pretty early. Nurburgring looks sooooo bad.

You know, because it's still in development...

In have some footage on my PC that I recorded that will blow drive club out of the water. Don't make me turn some of it into gif's...

That said, Driveclub looks fantastic in its own right and I can't wait for it. It's a completely different type of game to pCars anyway.

Do it. But best to post it in the next gen racing game comparison thread instead.

Last time I check, both games were still in development. :p

tbm24

If you want to get the best looking version of PC, then you need more money than you would by buying a PS4 (PS+ version of DC is free), besides... actual PC gameplay footage doesn't look that ace (environments aren't up to snuff compared to DC).

Environments aside, their focus has always been cars first. Admittedly PC and Driveclub are going for two different experiences, PC car detail has no rival imo. That's all I personally care about since all I see is the is my racing setup, the cockpit of the car, and the road.

GHG

It's one of the only great looking tracks in pCARS so far. I started it up like a week ago and was super disappointed at the progress of the visuals. Though I guess it's still pretty early.

It's one of the few tracks that is actually close to being finished.

Brands Hatch and the Ring also fall into this category.

viveks86

Even if you do, please don't post them here. There are people waiting for an excuse to derail this thread :/

Looks awesome! However, what's up with the reflection on the car in this GIF?

dc3c3u5a.gif

It's just a bunch of static, non-moving trees; nothing that's actually moving past the car seems to be reflected. Or am I looking at it wrong? Looks weird anyhow.

I was thinking the same thing. no poles or anything... would be fine if it was parked... but moving the reflection should be changing... not just pulsing. Still I love the snow environment. Can't wait for the game

viveks86

I was thinking the same thing. no poles or anything... would be fine if it was parked... but moving the reflection should be changing... not just pulsing. Still I love the snow environment. Can't wait for the game

Yup. That's definitely some kind of bug. Hope it's early footage. There are GIFs where the environment reflects on the chrome inside the car. So I'm confident this won't be the case in-game.

ins3FK1mibCKN.gif

Yup. That's definitely some kind of bug. Hope it's early footage. There are GIFs where the environment reflects on the chrome inside the car. So I'm confident this won't be the case in-game.

ins3FK1mibCKN.gif

Nice very encouraging, I'm enjoying GT6... but I'm ready to drive on my PS4.

Skeff

So who knows how long between these details going out and the game being released? My relatively limited knowledge on the subject would tell me that the game isn't far away with this information being put out there.

Piggus

Not to mention the horrible looking materials in the car and the poor lighting. One could would argue that need for speed rivals looks better than project cars.

Some cars in pCARS have really bad material shaders (which I assume are placeholder) and some are fantastic. The Pagani Huayra interior for example looks incredible with really nice looking materials.

I'd like to respectfully disagree.

12000160594_ccd1e08a01_o.gif

Probably a bug or something, you can see the reflection moving on some of the other gif on the last page.

Why would you show this gif to prove your point? Drive Club, according to this new video, looks way better than that. Look at the environments first of all..

jet1911

I hope you weren't expecting me to be impressed because i'm not.

Hahaha not really no. I just said that I disagreed and posted a gif to show my point.

So who knows how long between these details going out and the game being released? My relatively limited knowledge on the subject would tell me that the game isn't far away with this information being put out there.

Who knows. Maybe it's an old video that was leaked. I hope not, I mean I was expecting Driveclub to release in February. Obviously it won't be the case but I really can't wait for that game lol.

:(

jaypah

To be honest what you just described also applies to the absolute worst of racing games. That's kind of why people are talking about gameplay. I know it'll feel great because I like how Evo makes their games. I wish this shit was out now! But people are curious about how it plays because otherwise it's already looking amazing.

To be honest what you just described also applies to the absolute worst of racing games. That's kind of why people are talking about gameplay. I know it'll feel great because I like how Evo makes their games. I wish this shit was out now! But people are curious about how it plays because otherwise it's already looking amazing.

So more the controls them anything then. Will it be a tight sim racer like gran Turismo or a more arcade racer like PGR. I'm leaning toward a PGR feel with some solid physics handling things. Not Need for Speed though. Always felt those handling characteristics were awful

pushBAK

The imperfections is what differentiates this footage from Project Cars in my opinion. The gifs posted in the OP look real. If it wasn't for the fact know these come from a game, I'd think they were from a GoPro or something. Amazing.

Project Cars ends up looking almost too perfect and is easy to spot this it's computer graphics.

nib95

Banned
Looks incredible. I'm confident this will be the best looking racer on any platform at release, I mean, it already is based on the last few media releases. Just hope the gameplay is great and more importantly, content rich.

Stop showing us bull shots and release the game already

The fact that this is a free psn title and they have been showing off the same demo for the past 2 years make me think this game will be pretty as hell...and be complete shit in everything else like Killzone

The lighting on those trees and vegetation look pretty basic and last-gen, not to mention they're 2D and don't give off nearly the same density as DC's.

The top is Project Cars? Wow ...

That looks really ... boxy. No real artistic value there. Look at the background of the DriveClub and the camera and the way the background flows, the draw distance, lack of pop-in, etc. That Project Cars footage looks .. artificial. More went into perfect AA and such moreso then making it LOOK realistic. Just looks off.

Stop showing us bull shots and release the game already

The fact that this is a free psn title and they have been showing off the same demo for the past 2 years make me think this game will be pretty as hell...and be complete shit in everything else like Killzone

Uh, 2 years? They barely announced this game last year. The full game will also be sold at retail while the PS+ version is the barebones version with a small number of cars/tracks(extended demo, if you will).

Top Bottom