• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DRIVECLUB branding guidelines video shows spectacular visuals!

Dinjooh

S¡mon;98096486 said:
I really feel like Sony basically killed the game when they announced the PS+ edition. I don't think sales of the full game will be high.

I think you're vastly overestimating how much PS+ will affect the game.

Especially since it looks like it'll come out at a time when plenty of PS4's are out there.

I fucking love cars. God dammit Sony give us this game!

I'd take this over Infamous TBH

I'll take both plx.

S¡mon;98096486 said:
I really feel like Sony basically killed the game when they announced the PS+ edition. I don't think sales of the full game will be high.

That's why I'm betting they take it off the table. Delay long enough till we forget about them saying it was PS+.

Tagyhag

What if it was 30 but noone ever told you. Think you could notice?
I can notice drops between 60 -> 50, I've been playing with framerates above 30 for a long time now so my eyes have already adjusted. I can tolerate some genres at 30, but racing games or fighting games? Absolutely not, it really diminishes my experience.

But! I'm hoping that the delay also means that we'll be getting 60fps, I mean, if Forza 5 could do it then this should be able to as well.

pop_tarts

Just when I thought I was going to contribute something to the NeoGaf to become a real member (Pinocchio reference) you guys end up finding the newest video quicker than knife fight in a phone booth.

I can notice drops between 60 -> 50, I've been playing with framerates above 30 for a long time now so my eyes have already adjusted. I can tolerate some genres at 30, but racing games or fighting games? Absolutely not, it really diminishes my experience.

But! I'm hoping that the delay also means that we'll be getting 60fps, I mean, if Forza 5 could do it then this should be able to as well.

Though 60fps can definitely enhance the overall gameplay experience, I've had no problems with NFS:Rivals on the PS4 that runs at locked 30fps. And Forza is a racing simulator and racing sims need that 60fps for accuracy while using racing wheel setup. Driveclub isn't sim and thus I'm okay with 30!

Amir0x

Banned
Can we just stop using the world 'visceral' already? Can the people who use it even tell the definition without looking in a dictionary?

Also, fuck desaturation (its use, not the word)

What's more annoying than buzzwords is people who legitimately think someone needs to use a dictionary to tell what the word 'visceral' means. It's like you're insulting yourself when you say shit like that. Visceral is like a fucking sixth grade word, it's not some thesaurus dream. Lame.

What's more annoying than buzzwords is people who legitimately think someone needs to use a dictionary to tell what the word 'visceral' means. It's like you're insulting yourself when you say shit like that. Visceral is like a fucking sixth grade word, it's not some thesaurus dream. Lame.
I prefer the word intestinal myself.

And #DRIVECLUB is very intestinal. Just look at it.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
That's why I'm betting they take it off the table. Delay long enough till we forget about them saying it was PS+.
I think y'alls logic is bad. They will get Driveclub into millions of people's hands because of PS+ and hundreds of thousands will upgrade from the PS+ Edition. Sales will only improve. They want you to buy this digitally which is especially obvious since they're giving you a discount when you upgrade through PS+.

This is a new IP, hence
Exposure > Sales.

And besides, it's not the full game, it's a few tracks and a few cars from the full game.

Beant

u0MivOY.jpg

Looking forward to deleting this image. I've got my PS4, my new T500RS and love of driving games all ready to go.

Shaneus

Interesting. So this is just old stuff being polished and shown? I'm confused. We have users here saying it's brand new stuff and then others saying it's from months ago (Gamescon).

(still) looks good either way, just curious if this is something to get excited over or if I should just file it away in my "Whenever It Comes Out" folder.
It's not old stuff that's being polished... it's just old stuff. Only difference is that we haven't seen it before, and because it was to be used in creating trailers, is of VERY high quality. But it's still old and in no way indicative of what's been done in the last four months or so.

Its brand new because we haven't seen it before, even though it may have been made quite a while ago.
"May" = definitely. Everything's dated September last year :) You can see for yourself from the link I provided to the media website.

Very
Intense
Sexy
Cars
Equal
Racing
At
Lunchtime

I'm pretty sure it's an acronym.
Driveclub
Readily
Ignites
Visceral
Exposition,
Cannot
Laud
Uninteresting
Behaviour

Rich!

Dunno if it's already been said, but those slow-motion movement gifs look like Top Gear

obviously a major influence haha

bud

that bmw logo looks so low res, though. i think the cars look fine, but they're not that big of a step up from gran turismo.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
S¡mon;98096486 said:
You can upgrade to the full version from the PS+ Edition. I expect they'll get a lot from that. It'll only be up for a short time too.

viveks86

You can upgrade to the full version from the PS+ Edition. I expect they'll get a lot from that. It'll only be up for a short time too.

Yeah probably the same duration as Resogun (2-3 months). Also, looking at how many people are getting hooked on to Don't Starve, this might prove to be a much smarter move than many of us think.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
that bmw logo looks so low res, though. i think the cars look fine, but they're not that big of a step up from gran turismo.
Those are supposed to be in-game cars, though. Not the single car photo mode GT thing that you're probably comparing it with in your mind. Car paint shader here looks better than even photo mode though.

Hoje0308

Banned
I'd like to download that broll video but that download site is slow as fuck for me.

I am sure because a lot of footage in this clip comes from the February reveal from last year. The rest pretty much looks exactly like it aesthetically. The actual game today doesn't look as desaturated as that, and it also doesn't abuse DOF during gameplay like its shown here.

So I'm fairly certain about what I said, but let's revise that number to 95% anyway. :p

While I realize that the footage includes clips we saw last February, there have been a fair number of short Facebook videos released in that time that match the fidelity displayed in the new clips shown in this latest trailer. I've seen several GIFS floating around from both the trailer and the aforementioned Facebook clips in this thread and they seem to look quite a bit alike. Don't know that they've quite matched the concept footage originally shown, but they're damn close.

viveks86

Made a search ,couldn't find it .
Is this new footage guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alCSDeE-IRg&hd=1

Rajmangaming. Bleurgh. Repost when it's available on a less shady YT-channel.

Link below. This is one of the high quality assets. Happy downloading! ;)

https://www.hightail.com/sharedFolder?phi_action=app/orchestrateSharedFolder&id=TNS1ZzaLMeovubcxhcXeoK_x98ar_TDiGY4pH5wAQMs

Click on B-Roll_part1 and download DRIVECLUB_GamesCom_B_Roll_422.mov

So is it confirmed or can we assume that Canada, Norway, UK, India, and Peru is the full set of locations in the game? I hope there's a large variation of tracks for each respective country.

Fuck I really can't wait for this.

viveks86

So is it confirmed or can we assume that Canada, Norway, UK, India, and Peru is the full set of locations in the game? I hope there's a large variation of tracks for each respective country.

Fuck I really can't wait for this.

Not confirmed. And it's Chile, not Peru. They did mention Antigua during the E3 presentation, so there's that.

VanWinkle

I'm just getting sick of not seeing high quality gameplay footage of this game. We got the one video of the track at dusk/night and that was great, but it was many months ago. Since then we just got tiny horrible quality Facebook clips, and not even that in the last couple of months.

Made a search ,couldn't find it .
Is this new footage guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alCSDeE-IRg&hd=1

Hate this type of footage. Looked just as good in the E3 trailers, where the actual gameplay at the time looked pretty poopy. It tells us pretty much nothing about how the game actually looks.

RaijinFY

I'm just getting sick of not seeing high quality gameplay footage of this game. We got the one video of the track at dusk/night and that was great, but it was many months ago. Since then we just got tiny horrible quality Facebook clips, and not even that in the last couple of months.

Hate this type of footage. Looked just as good in the E3 trailers, where the actual gameplay at the time looked pretty poopy. It tells us pretty much nothing about how the game actually looks.

You do realize there have been new short clips since then showing gameplay footage?

VanWinkle

You do realize there have been new short clips since then showing gameplay footage?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Since that one great high quality gameplay footage, all we've seen is horrible quality, extremely short Facebook clips, where it's hard to tell much at all from that. And even then, we haven't got those in awhile.

Top Bottom