• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM scores (Issue 221)

crowphoenix said:
Yeah, Ratchet Deadlocked (Beat it yesterday) is almost a pure shooter. The final boss is awesome and the combat is fun, but it's shorter than 3. And not quite as fun. Still funny though.

You could almost sense that Insomniac needed to make Resistance after Deadlocked. I mean, the landstalker even made a return, albeit under a marginally different name. So with that out of their system (and assuming they are working on Resistance II), Ratchet should be classic Ratchet. The demo at least suggests as much.

Meatwad

egmfan can you post the blurb for the Viva Pinata rumor? I wanna see EGM's justification for printing such a wacky rumor.

The "Q-tips" from the rumor mill that aren't in the first post.

Criterion is "cocking" a sequel to Black

Midway is making another Blitz: The League game

PS1 racing game Jet Moto to be revived on PSN

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Meatwad said:
egmfan can you post the blurb for the Viva Pinata rumor? I wanna see EGM's justification for printing such a wacky rumor.

" With Viva Pinata already heading to the Nintendo DS and the continued success of mini-game compilations on Wii, doesn't it make sense Viva Pinata: Party Animals should show up on Wii? Q seems to think so, but it doesn't seem like it'll be hitting day-an-date this Fall."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163164

egmfan89

Meatwad said:

"'Wii'd hit that'
Even though critics ate up the candy-filled critters in Viva Pinata, Xbox 360 owners weren't too inclined to take a bite. Probably because it didn't have space marines. Or guns. Or halos. Now if only it had come out on the Wii. Yes, if only. Well, if my Microsoft mole is telling me right, this may happen- word is the new Viva Pinata party game (coming to the 360 this fall) is hitting the wii, too."

schuelma

egmfan89 said:
"'Wii'd hit that'
Even though critics ate up the candy-filled critters in Viva Pinata, Xbox 360 owners weren't too inclined to take a bite. Probably because it didn't have space marines. Or guns. Or halos. Now if only it had come out on the Wii. Yes, if only. Well, if my Microsoft mole is telling me right, this may happen- word is the new Viva Pinata party game (coming to the 360 this fall) is hitting the wii, too."

What exactly did it say about the ogre battle team game?

tribal24

Banned
wartime1020 said:

!?!?!? jet moto ZOMG

Busty

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Black 2, now there's something worth looking forward too.

I second that emotion.

And considering what Criterion did with the online multiplayer in the new Burnout, let's hope they do something similarly radical for the next installment of the Black series.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
pretty high scores for dx chronicles -- i guess the remake is better than it looks? i think i'll pass on it for now in any case.

It's really not that far fetched. Nintendo is not actually a rival to Microsoft, given that Wii does not even almost serve as an all-in entertainment platform for the living room, or a conduit between a PC OS and said living room.

Meatwad said:
Wow it's like whoever wrote that doesn't know VP is a MS property
Average EGM reader is probably shocked it's coming to DS. Ultimately it's about furthering the franchise, but even then I still don't believe it.

I'd like to see Gazunta shoot it down, but I think he'll play dumb.

schuelma

wartime1020 said:
Well they are putting it on the DS... why is the Wii so much more far fetched?

Completely different though- Microsoft has no reason to be concerned with the DS. The Wii on the other hand??

neorej

ERMYGERD!
What the hell? FIFA 08 GOTM? Did they decide to have two separate teams work on the game? One for the demo, which was two steps away from pure shite, and one for the retail version?
Owh wait, Americans and football.

Meatwad

egmfan89 said:
"'Wii'd hit that'

Thanks egmfan

Cardon

wartime1020 said:

It would be quite cool to see Jet Moto on the PSN especially if the more futuristic concept that was scrapped is used.

schuelma said:
Completely different though- Microsoft has no reason to be concerned with the DS. The Wii on the other hand??

Well it's not like Viva Pinata on the Wii is going to hurt Viva Pinata 360 sales... why not recoup some of the costs in creating the game?

schuelma

AltogetherAndrews said:
Considering Microsoft's main business and intentions here, why would Wii be a threat?

You're telling me the 360 is not at all competing with the Wii? Not at all?

Bebpo

Banned
The biggest news really are the Drac X scores. If there was ever a niche game destined for 5s, this was it.

Must be pretty good.

"I'm hearing Final Fantasy Tactics (PS) director Tasumi Matsuno is wrangling together some of his old pals who worked on past SRPG titles like Ogre Battle (SNES) to piece together an exclusive Wii game very similar to Final Fantasy Tactics.

For anyone curious about the rumor's text.

Steroyd

wartime1020 said:

MS doesn't have a handheld.
MS does have a home console.

I'll wait for European reviews of Fifa I'm not going to start on the American's and football.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
wartime1020 said:
"I'm hearing Final Fantasy Tactics (PS) director Tasumi Matsuno is wrangling together some of his old pals who worked on past SRPG titles like Ogre Battle (SNES) to piece together an exclusive Wii game very similar to Final Fantasy Tactics.

good thing i didnt, oh i dunno say that like 10 times already forever ago.

Did they mention in the FFT PSP review that they fixed the slowdown?
I just bought the new PSP for it, cant wait

DuckRacer

wartime1020 said:
Because MS wants to capture some of the casual crowd, VP:pA would be a decent start, and porting it to your biggest competitor in that segment would undo any attempt to capture said market?

The DS isn't competing with any of Microsoft's products so putting some of their games on it (like Viva Pinata and Blue Dragon) is just extra cash for them.

jetjevons said:
I really hope the game does come to PS3 but how can you be so sure? If anything this new news seems to suggest it's a total Microsoft exclusive franchise.

yeah, I really doubt it is coming to ps3 now...which is rather sad, since I wont get to play it

jjasper

wartime1020 said:

While this is very cool and I would buy it in a heart beat I wish it was more like Ogre Battle than Tactics. There are tons SPRGs these days and while none of them are as good as TO/FFT there aren't any games like the original or OB64.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
KillerNapkin said:
I'm pretty sure selling off VP to a more profitable platform makes more business sense then releasing sequels on platform where it barely sells.

It would were the firm behind Viva Pinata not called the Microsoft Game Studios, this would be a case of conflict of interest.

No_Style

WTF? @ Skate and NBA Live 08 scores.

EGM not receiving enough EA gift baskets?

I'm not saying both should be receiving 9s, but 8.0 - 8.5's at least.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
wartime1020 said:

Becuase the Wii is going against the X-box 360. The X-box 360 isn't going against the Nintendo DS.

No_Style said:
WTF? @ Skate and NBA Live 08 scores.
EGM not receiving enough EA gift baskets?
I'm not saying both should be receiving 9s, but 8.0 - 8.5's at least.

Skate did get a 9 and 8 . . . yeah one guy didn't think it was great and gave it a 6.5

And EGM's NHL reviewers must have got all the EA gift baskets because they drooled all over NHL 08 while shitting on NHL 2K8 . . . both games are very good.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Flatout: UC was on my list the moment I played the demo. The destruction derby is the most fun I've had with a video game in a long time.

This score confirms a day one buy for me.

Top Bottom