• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM Scores

http://www.gamefront.de/

Madden NFL 2005 (Xbox/PS2, EA): 9.0 / 9.5 / 9.0 Spiel des Monats
ESPN NFL 2K5 (Xbox/PS2, Sega): 8.5 / 8.5 / 8.0
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow (Xbox, Ubisoft): 7.5 / 8.0 / 8.0
Spiderman 2 (Xbox/PS2/GC, Activision): 7.0 / 7.0 / 7.0
Showdown: Legends of Wrestling (Xbox/PS2, Acclaim): 3.5 / 3.0 / 2.5
Malice (Xbox/PS2, Argonaut Games): 5.0 / 5.0 / 4.0
Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers (Xbox/PS2, Acclaim): 5.0 / 6.5 / 4.0
Crimson Tears (PS2, Capcom): 5.5 / 6.0 / 6.5
Ghosthunter (PS2, Sony): 6.5 / 6.0 / 6.0
Athens 2004 (PS2, Sony): 5.0 / 5.5 / 5.0
Echo Night: Beyond (PS2, Agetec): 6.0 / 5.5 / 5.0
McFarlane's Evil Prophecy (PS2, Konami): 2.0 / 3.5 / 2.5
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (Xbox/PS2, Capcom): 8.5 / 9.0 / 8.0
Puyo Pop Fever (GC, Sega): 7.0 / 7.0 / 7.0
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (GC, Ubisoft): 7.0 / 8.0 / 7.5
Astro Boy: Omega Factor (GBA, Sega): 8.5 / 9.0 / 8.5

what type of game is crimson Tears?

what where their comments about Puyu Pop Fever. I don't see how that game could be that bad, it a puzzle game, did they expect a deep story or flashy graphics? if Puyo Pop Fever plays as good as the other Puyo Puyo games, then EGM has lost it.

Mashing

Sigh, a fucking sports game got GOTM (not that that's a problem... but I feel more original titles deserve that distinction more... after all you know what you're getting when you buy a Madden). But after looking at this scores only one other game deserves it and that is Astro Boy... but they'd have the Madden fanboys jumping them in back alleys if they gave that GOTM over Madden.

ge-man

The Puyo Pop review probably mirrors the one IGN posted recently. I think people are just disappointed that not much as changed.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yay for Street Fighter Anniversary Collection! Now for Capcom to release that baby already.

SyNapSe

Mashing said:
Sigh, a fucking sports game got GOTM (not that that's a problem... but I feel more original titles deserve that distinction more... after all you know what you're getting when you buy a Madden). But after looking at this scores only one other game deserves it and that is Astro Boy... but they'd have the Madden fanboys jumping them in back alleys if they gave that GOTM over Madden.

I'm pretty sure the GOTM should go to the best game released.. genre should not be a consideration.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Bog said:
Is ESPN rated lower because "it's not Madden"?

I was actually thinking these might be the best egm scores ever for ESPN/2k series.

Pellham

Banned
The Puyo Pop review probably mirrors the one IGN posted recently. I think people are just disappointed that not much as changed.

I'm disappointed that things did change. I dunno if they are trying to compare it to the PS2 version or what (haven't read the review), but Puyo Puyo Fever is retarded. And this is coming from a longtime Puyo fan. I hate the changes they made, and I miss the classic cast.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
levious said:
I was actually thinking these might be the best egm scores ever for ESPN/2k series.

Football, maybe. But I believe they labelled NHL 2k4 as the best hockey game ever, and gave it 9+ scores. Or was that 2k3?

levious

Dr.Guru of Peru said:
Football, maybe. But I believe they labelled NHL 2k4 as the best hockey game ever, and gave it 9+ scores. Or was that 2k3?

yeah, sorry, I was speaking of football.

I recall the first online 2k football game scoring higher than that, but I can't remember the specifics... It definitely had a minimum score of 9.0.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
ToyMachine228 said:
EGM has been sucking this year. Game Informer for life!

1-10.jpg

----

http://chespace.1up.com

Mrbob

EGM sports reviews are always low on substance and sound like press releases. I wouldn't take much stock on the paper it is written on. Look at their NCAA review. No mention at all about slowdown on the Xbox version and no mention about the atrocious drop problem with the game. And what happened to the kick/punt return game in NCAA 2005? The blocking was fantastic in 2004! In 2005 its like Madden and ESPN where the punt/kick return blocking is a joke.

I'm not gonna say they are on EAs payroll but when you do reviews you figure you could at least point out the two problems I mentioned above.

levious

Hellraizah said:
Maybe my memory isn't working right, but I think I remember Bishoptl giving praise to that game during E3.

I believe he said something like, "it's surprisingly playable!"

Mrbob

Out of curiosity since I don't have this EGM issue yet, did they take the price difference into equation between Madden and ESPN?

siege

Banned
I've got like 500 free subscriptions to EGM and I don't know why. Each magazine I recieve is discarded into the conveniently placed trashcan beside the door at the post office.

Seriously, they have some cool front cover feature articles every now and then, but their reviews are atrocious.

AssMan

Banned
Speaking of free subscriptions, I paid $10 again to GI magazine for another year about a month ago, and a few days ago I just got my new GI magazine and it said something like "this is your last issue! want to re-subscribe?" Do you guys think I'll continue to get my issues even though I resubscribed at Gamestop a month ago?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
AssMan said:
Speaking of free subscriptions, I paid $10 again to GI magazine for another year about a month ago, and a few days ago I just got my new GI magazine and it said something like "this is your last issue! want to re-subscribe?" Do you guys think I'll continue to get my issues even though I resubscribed at Gamestop a month ago?

Yeah, they are slow as shit when it comes to the mag

AbeFroman

AssMan said:

Yes, the notices are generated about 6 weeks before the issue is actually mailed.

Slow as shit... my ass.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I get all my subscriptions late, not just GI's. I think I am simply cursed.

Rumors that I joined Ziff Davis so I could get my hands on all their magazines for free are entirely unfounded.

Renegade

Banned
Yeah, they said they detracted from ESPN's graphics score because Madden now has day/Night progressions (Like the 2K line has had since... 2K!) and the players looked stretched out and lack some of the finer details... like Wristbands...

wow thats just screwed up ....I really do think they are being paid off now.

I mean judging by the videos i have seen of both games its CLEAR that 2k5 looks way better than madden in terms of graphics.

You would have to be blind not to notice.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I do admit that sometimes I wish it really was a simple matter of being paid off like a boxing referee or politician or something. Unfortunately, the truth is that people have, you know, different opinions from each other.

i've played pikmin 2 religiously for the past month or so, and honestly, it's not that much of a departure from its predecessor. i'm not expecting any scores above 8.0

Top Bottom