• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fantastic Four trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgHavok23

I know its already become cliche, but they cud not have done a shittier job with the Thing. altho after watchin that trailer it does look somewhat amusing, as long as its better than the Punisher and Hellboy, i'll be fine.

G4life98

I am warming up to the thing's look after seeing more close-ups...they really did a good job of emulating the thing's rocky hide, even if they toned down the orange, but his smallness still kind of irks me...but I will deal.

All the various powers sfx look awesome specially johnny and sue.

Hopefully it doesnt suck.

G4life98 said:
I am warming up to the thing's look after seeing more close-ups...they really did a good job of emulating the thing's rocky hide, even if they toned down the orange, but his smallness still kind of irks me...but I will deal.

I'm with you, after watching it I'm more confident about it. I don't mind the Thing so much, we have to remember that he mutated more and more to his more current form if you look at FF1 then you see that he is more how he looked there.

ff1small.jpg

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Yeah I kind of like all the little jokes, even if they're a bit corny. Hopefully they don't get too tiresome throughout the whole movie.

G4life98 said:

Ok folks time be a TOTAL comic geek. But Thing isn't SUPPOSED to be huge. He's listed at 6 foot 2. Not tall at all, just dense. Keep that in mind.

The artists today take a TON of liberty with Thing's size and trying to make him hulk level.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Outcast2004 said:
Ok folks time be a TOTAL comic geek. But Thing isn't SUPPOSED to be huge. He's listed at 6 foot 2. Not tall at all, just dense. Keep that in mind.

The artists today take a TON of liberty with Thing's size and trying to make him hulk level.

Which is a mistake.... cause we all know Hulk would and continues to mop the floor with The Thing. (whoops puts comic geekdom away).

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Outcast2004 said:
Was Thing shorter than Mr Fantastic in the comics? He sure is in the movie.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
DarienA said:
Which is a mistake.... cause we all know Hulk would and continues to mop the floor with The Thing. (whoops puts comic geekdom away).

heh heh Remember how badly he used to get his ass kicked by the Hulk in the very beginning?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
temp said:
Unnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhh

Yeah that characterization of Sue being aggressive... is a wee bit off.

bob_arctor said:
heh heh Remember how badly he used to get his ass kicked by the Hulk in the very beginning?

Ahh... the good ole days... ;)

I'll go see it. Even if it turns out to be terrible I'll go see it.

Chances are if it's affiliated with a comic I'll go see it. Except Elektra... just no.

Hell, i saw Batman & Robin, in the theatres.... TWICE.

My first date with my wife? We went to see Batman Forever... showing my age.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I have to say this trailer looks a hell of a lot better than the last one. Couple of corny parts (some of which I thought were pretty funny), but this is the first time in a while I actually feel somewhat excited about this movie.

Memles

Honestly, this doesn't seem to be too bad. I was expecting much worse, and it is a well-structured and energetic trailer, with just enough of everything to make it work. Whether it works as a film or not is an entirely different story, but this trailer is well made.

G4life98

Outcast2004 said:

Well im not talking height here...im talking width, since im used to the modern wide-body version of the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom