• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slashfilm: MCU Fantastic Four Movie Casts Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards

VulcanRaven

I didn't expect this:

"Game of Thrones," "The Mandalorian," the DC Universe, "The Last of Us," and now Marvel: Pedro Pascal continues to establish himself as one of the preeminent franchise actors of the 21st century. After much speculation, wondering, fan-casting, and impatience, word has come out — and /Film's sources can confirm — that Pascal will be starring as Reed Richards, also known as Mr. Fantastic, in the upcoming "Fantastic Four" reboot set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe'
Edit: Its not official yet

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
Pedro Pascal What GIF by Saturday Night Live

So he’s Oberyn, Joel, Mando, and now Richards?

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Pedro Pascal probably thanks god on his knees every day that he's Hispanic and white. Huge stepup in today's Hollywood where race and ethnicity can seriously boost the chances of getting major parts.

BTW Wasn't John Kraszinki supposed to play Reed Ricards?

John-Krasinski-Dr-Strange1.jpg

Last edited:

Toons

Pedro Pascal probably thanks god on his knees every day that he's Hispanic and white. Huge stepup in today's Hollywood where race and ethnicity can seriously boost the chances of getting major parts.

BTW Wasn't John Kraszinki supposed to play Reed Ricards?

John-Krasinski-Dr-Strange1.jpg

You realize you just complained about a white and Hispanic dude getting the part and then pointed out when a white and... white dude got the part? Lol

RaptorGTA

Honestly I saw this announcement on FB and thought it was a joke. Dude is in everything it seems. Good on his agent on getting him in major rolls but this doesn't make me interested in this movie or franchise.

Urban

Dont know how legit this page is but the insider claims that silver surfer will be woman

If Galactus doesn’t turn out to be Javier Bardem, so be it. All I’m saying right now is that he is Marvel’s top target — and why wouldn’t he be? From No Country for Old Men to Skyfall, he makes for a hell of a villain. And yes, you can expect to see a female Silver Surfer, as I noted on last week’s Hot Mic podcast, which you can catch live on YouTube every Thursday, and everywhere podcasts are found these days.

Toons

Dont know how legit this page is but the insider claims that silver surfer will be woman

These rumors are 60% BS. I remember they were saying black panther 2 would write out Shuri because of her actor supposedly not getting vexed. I remember hearing Loki S2 would write out Kang

The initial report even suggesting this never mentioned silver, it said that galaxtus may have a female herald which happened in the comics and a bunch of ppl ran with it

I doubt it is legitimate. But if it is, chrome boobies.

Eiknarf

Banned
Are folks gonna get mad that there's no POC? Hispanics are considered white by the U.S. Census.

OK WAIT!! Perhaps one of the four will be LBGTQ?

Ahhhh Thank God. I was getting nervous.

DKehoe

Are folks gonna get mad that there's no POC? Hispanics are considered white by the U.S. Census.

OK WAIT!! Perhaps one of the four will be LBGTQ?

Ahhhh Thank God. I was getting nervous.
I'm sure there will be people complaining it's not diverse enough and others complaining it's woke. For those into identity politics, it's all-consuming.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I don't think the census bureau gets involved when it comes to complaints about diversity. That would be kinda funny though. "This old movie's been way less diverse ever since the last U.S. Census patch :lollipop_pensive:"

Woah. I just texted someone who I hadn't texted since 2018, and I thought, "wow, it's been three years."

Top Bottom