• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pedro Pascal will officially star as Reed Richards

ManaByte

Gold Member
They get lot of money.
Now they do. They didn't during the Ike Perlmutter era.

Even RDJ didn't make a lot for the first Iron Man. That's why they had to recast War Machine in the second movie because Terence Howard demanded more money than even RDH was getting. Jason Momoa was originally offered Drax but demanded more money than they were going to end up paying Bautista.

GymWolf

I liked this lot.
images
Only thing i liked was doctor troy from nip/tuck doing dr doom.

And of course vintage jessica alba.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
What the fuck is this rumour that Sue is the main protagonist, and Reed is a bit of a jerk? Seen it in a couple of places now. Do these fuckers want to lose even more money?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
These stories are often more trial balloons to see how the fandom reacts than anything.

Pedro Pascal is not who I picture, but he's a super charismatic actor who I'm sure can do a good job with it. I hope they can finally get this IP right.

Dude must have one hell of an agent. I mean, he's a good actor but damn lol, he's snatching up roles left and right

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Race swap aside he's pretty old. If they want a franchise I would think they would cast someone a bit younger.

Billbofet

Race swap aside he's pretty old. If they want a franchise I would think they would cast someone a bit younger.
No need anymore with all the multiverse nonsense. Just have him step into some blue beam/light and come out as a different, younger actor - or likely actress.....
Man, this shit is in such a suck place.

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
She wasn't even making movies when Captain Marvel was cast...

Not according to her imdb which goes back to 2010. Mission impossible: fallout came out in 2018 and Captain marvel in 2019 but regardless, it was easier to say that than "when I saw mission impossible fallout I thought "she'd be perfect for Captain marvel."

Lesson learned.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Not according to her imdb which goes back to 2010. Mission impossible: fallout came out in 2018 and Captain marvel in 2019 but regardless, it was easier to say that than "when I saw mission impossible fallout I thought "she'd be perfect for Captain marvel."

Lesson learned.
She was only doing stage stuff in 2014 when Captain Marvel was cast. The movie didn’t come out until 2019 but they cast it early.

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
She was only doing stage stuff in 2014 when Captain Marvel was cast. The movie didn’t come out until 2019 but they cast it early.
ovPPmKR.jpg

I saw this movie with my wife so I'm not sure what you're missing in terms of her being in films. Anyway, as I said, when I saw mission impossible fallout I thought "she'd be perfect for Captain Marvel."

That's really all I had to say.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Every time I look at GAF without my glasses on in dark mode and see a thread about PP (ha) I read "pedo rascal," for a split second and fucking giggle to my Lou. On topic, Fantastic Four, that's the one with the orange hulk, right?

I was going to say that he doesn't have that "I'm about to do something terrible" that RR needs, but then I thought about his performance in Narcos, so maybe it'll work if he leans more toward that.

Sonik

Pedro Pascal is a good actor but he's not charismatic enough to play these popcorn movie roles. Even in his TLOU role he was easily outclassed by Nolan North who played the role in the videogame much better than him

VulcanRaven

Pedro Pascal is a good actor but he's not charismatic enough to play these popcorn movie roles. Even in his TLOU role he was easily outclassed by Nolan North who played the role in the videogame much better than him
Troy Baker was Joel. Nolan North played David.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Give me examples of actors who it has affected negatively? I can't think of any who were popular before joining MCU. They get a lot of money.
At this point it's not about how all these films are bombing repeatedly and by no small margins. They're more like career stopgaps than boosters at this point

Top Bottom