• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pedro Pascal will officially star as Reed Richards

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
pedro-clean-1700086598750.jpg
Pedro-Fantastic.jpg

”After much speculation, wondering, fan-casting, and impatience, word has come out — and /Film's sources can confirm — that Pascal will be starring as Reed Richards, also known as Mr. Fantastic...the deal is done and should be announced soon."

Deadline

Last edited:

Power Pro

As much as I like him, he's not right for it.
Yeah, even though he's made some questionable role choices, I really liked his and Nick Cage's chemistry in Unbearable weight of massive talent. I just don't see him as Reed Richards though, he doesn't quite have the physique I associate with him.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Not really feeling it personally, but alas probably the best part of F4 casting, I suspect. That IP is casting cursed, we can never get a completely good team.

kunonabi

Yeah, not a fan of this. Makes me wonder if they had trouble attracting talent for this. He's a good actor but I can't imagine he was the first choice for Reed.

He's too charismatic/silly of a personality to be the ultimate science nerd of the universe.
I’m worried about this. He is going to have to act very wooden for the role which will give viewers the impression that he’s phoning it in. It’s hard to pull off a good Reed Richards because of just how plain and nerdy the character truly is.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I’m worried about this. He is going to have to act very wooden for the role which will give viewers the impression that he’s phoning it in. It’s hard to pull off a good Reed Richards because of just how plain and nerdy the character truly is.
Yes, we already saw this in a few roles. When he has to play something serious it just feels like he is constraining his natural personality inside. For TLOU it was fine since the character was traumatized, so put-on containment worked, but I don't see him knowing how to act like he is naturally Reed, meaning without seeming wooden or like he always has his guard up.

Seems a little old. I was thinking 35ish for whoever they cast
Right now Marvel/Disney seems to have changed their casting to more popular talents over newer talents. Much like their movie formula that’s currently causing them fatigue issues, it reeks of less risk-taking and being way more safe with their choices.

Quite a few recent marvel castings have been 35+ in age or older for roles that they will need to upkeep for 10-15 years or more. Nothing wrong with this on paper, but for example when a character is supposed to be in their 20s and your actor is already 35+, at that point it becomes a game of ‘tricking the audience into believing this person is in their 20s’ with makeup or de-aging tech which both cost more money.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I'm not a fan of US Office, but the guy from that looks much more like a Reed Richards.

But we shall see. Make up and all that good stuff exists for a reason.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm not a fan of US Office, but the guy from that looks much more like a Reed Richards.

But we shall see. Make up and all that good stuff exists for a reason.

He was awful in Dr. Strange though. He had his chance.

Plus I'm pretty sure he said from the get-go he didn't want this role for a full feature film.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
He was awful in Dr. Strange though. He had his chance.

Plus I'm pretty sure he said from the get-go he didn't want this role for a full feature film.
I'm going by looks alone and what I imagine a RR would look like. I don't yet see that from PP. It's not like the MCU is about Oscar winning performances.

StueyDuck

Let's just get the whole Chuck 4some back for fantastic 4.

Z Levi as RR
Y Strahovski as Sue
A Baldwin as Thing
J Gomez as human torch

They already have the chemistry of basically the same roles already from 5 seasons of a TV show, they are all likeable fun characters and Yvonne is banging so I'm always down for more of her

Last edited:

bitbydeath

He (Jeff Sneider) indicates the likes of Christopher Abbott and Jamie Dornan tried out and “the tests did not go very well”. Marvel reportedly wanted a bigger name and both Jake Gyllenhaal and Adam Driver apparently wanted too much – not good for Marvel’s Kevin Feige who is trying to contain talent costs.
The result is Pascal is seen as a ‘get’ considering how in demand he is these days. Sneider adds “Mission: Impossible” alum Vanessa Kirby remains widely tipped to be Sue Storm who is the film’s lead character, whilst “Stranger Things” breakout Joseph Quinn and “The Bear” scene stealer Ebon Moss-Bachrach are tipped for Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm respectively.
He’s also heard that Oscar winner Javier Bardem is being eyed to play the eater of worlds himself Galactus. Antonio Banderas had previously been tipped for the role, but Bardem is reportedly now the frontrunner.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Has this actually been officially announced?

Only Elon’s Magical fuck site keeps stating that this hasn’t been officially confirmed. It’s a lot of clickbait sites reporting the same thing, from what I can see.

0UYI1jm.jpg

The dude is 48. I honestly don’t see the wisdom is casting someone that old for the role.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I’m calling shenanigans.

Deadline says the deal isn’t done, and there’s no comment from Marvel.

Could be his representation leaking to push his involvement.

VulcanRaven

Lol mildly hilarious anyone who cares about their career would jump on any MCU movie
Give me examples of actors who it has affected negatively? I can't think of any who were popular before joining MCU. They get a lot of money.

Last edited:
Top Bottom