• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FFXV City Concept Art

Go_Ly_Dow

zo17CJI.jpg

BJgmULZ.jpg

WlU7GVH.jpg

2S9Yyvq.jpg

4adpX01.jpg

gPezM6C.jpg

5OR0Xb4.jpg

jzdP5LA.jpg

mpOX3nE.png

The low res thumbnails of those screenshots make them look like pre-rendered backgrounds from FF8. Same kind of look to the cities. Would be nice to see a game attempt those again.

The low res thumbnails of those screenshots make them look like pre-rendered backgrounds from FF8. Same kind of look to the cities. Would be nice to see a game attempt those again.

First thing I thought lol

Thought it was FF8 for sure.

I guess this part reminded me of Balamb Garden's exit

Hopefully that city makes it into the game though

pantsmith

Since theyre never going to be able to model the whole thing in this much detail with a movable camera, I wish they would make certain areas fixed camera angles like X did.

Ruff

Since theyre never going to be able to model the whole thing in this much detail with a movable camera, I wish they would make certain areas fixed camera angles like X did.

Why not? There's nothing here we haven't really seen fully rendered in other games before.

Dark_castle

First thing I thought lol

Thought it was FF8 for sure.

I guess this part reminded me of Balamb Garden's exit

Hopefully that city makes it into the game though

It really does, and I loved it. The setting of FFVIII is one of my favorite in the series.

The city is called Insomnia, which is the capital of Lucis, Noctis's nation. It will be in the game.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeah, I'm also getting FF8 vibes from these. FF8's cities looked more futuristic, cleaner, and sleeker, though - this has a more modern feel to it.

Go_Ly_Dow

Cool, they can resell the assets to bamco for the new Ridge Racer game.

But really...too modern and realistic looking for my tastes.

The main kingdom is meant to be a modern real-world type place thats isolated from the rest of the world which is more medi-evil traditional fantasy.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The main kingdom is meant to be a modern real-world type place thats isolated from the rest of the world which is more medi-evil traditional fantasy.
So it's like Midgar, then?

UrbanRats

Looks great.
If FFVIII had a full on remake, this is how realistic i'd expect some of the cities to look (though FF8 didn't have a Tokyo inspired city, but that's beyond the point).

OMG I totally got the FFVIII nostalgia when I saw the images, everyday that they give us more information my faith in final fantasy is being restored piece by piece, please SE don't play with my feelings when this game comes out, please let it be good.

Majanew

Banned
Whoa that's some blurry concept art. To mimic the game's sub 1080p resolution? I'm not really digging the design of the buildings, honestly. Needs more fantasy added... or something.

Dark_castle

Whoa that's some blurry concept art. To mimic the game's sub 1080p resolution? I'm not really digging the design of the buildings, honestly. Needs more fantasy added... or something.

Personally, I think contemporary setting (don't be misunderstood with Sci-fi) is heavily under-explored in RPG. Aside from SMT/Persona series, TWEWY and some of the older titles like Shadow Hearts, Parasite Eve and Earthbound, they are very rarely explored elsewhere compared to standard high fantasy and post-apocalytic.

pszet0

Banned
Personally, I think contemporary setting (don't be misunderstood with Sci-fi) is heavily under-explored in RPG. Aside from SMT/Persona series, TWEWY and some of the older titles like Shadow Hearts, Parasite Eve and Earthbound, they are very rarely explored elsewhere compared to standard high fantasy and post-apocalytic.
I agree. I'm personally bored of the high fantasy medieval Tolkien inspired worlds seen in 90% of RPG games today.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

This is why Earthbound is my favorite game and RPG of all time. The setting is so incredibly different and magical.

Top Bottom