• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FFXV screenshots and info from 4Gamer

Since the original link is in japanese, have a Nova Crystallis link instead. Too many pictures to quote them all but check them out!

Elemental Magic

ffxv2016102600593qlx.jpg

The three basic elemental magics are Fire, Thunder and Blizzard. You can absorb these all over the world and craft them into throwable items using Magic Flasks. By combining your magic with items, you gain additional effects such as recovering health, or curing negative status effects. Noctis isn’t the only one who can use this type of magic either. Your party members can be equipped with elemental magic in their sub-weapon slot. There are hundreds of combinations to explore when crafting magic. Go out and collect magic and try to craft your own.

Ring Magic

ffxv20161026009t2pnr.jpg

By wearing the royal Lucii ring, Noctis can cast different spells such as the recently announced Death spell seen here. Using Death on an enemy will slowly drain their HP as well as causing their body to shrivel up into nothingness, leaving no trace of them behind… quite disturbing!

Daemons

ffxv20161026010szqcj.jpg

When night falls, dangerous creatures known as “Daemons” come out to play. Familiar monsters in the series such as the Bomb and Iron Giant are just a few of the ones you’ll find. These enemies are quite tough, boasting high HP and attack power. It’s best to just run away when you see them until you’re high enough level to take them on.

Travel

ffxv20161026013mgp4k.jpg

There are a few ways that Noctis and the gang can get around in Eos. With fast travel, you can quickly travel to any of your previous destinations. Comes in handy when time is of the essence. Left the Regalia behind to go exploring? Just give Cindey a call, and she’ll drive it out to you for a fee.

Summons

ffxv20161026016a3osj.jpg

Summons only appear in various areas of the world, and will change their attack based on where you are. Titan’s attack “Gaia’s Wrath” for example normally will smash the ground around him, but when Noctis is out of reach, he will throw a massive boulder instead. Ramuh’s “Judgement Bolt” thrusts his spear into the ground when Noctis is nearby, but will throw it when you’re in another area. Then there’s Carbuncle’s “Ruby Light” which works a bit differently. Carbuncle being a smaller summon can appear wherever Noctis is. Carbuncle can restore your HP as well as giving you attack and defense boosts. Carbuncle’s buff can be seen in the party list, as well as with Ruby colored particles floating above Noct’s head.

Moogles

ffxv20161026028vlqj4.jpg

Everyone loves Moogles, right? This time around, the ever popular Moogle is a stuffed doll. If you’re surrounded by enemies, just throw a Moogle at them. Enemies seem to go crazy over these things and start attacking them mercilessly. When under the effect of the Moogle, enemies will glow red. Whether or not it’s out of anger or affection is up to you to decide. These Moogle decoys are perfect to round up a group of enemies to set them all on fire.

The Town of Lestallum

ffxv20161026033ytr84.jpg

Lestallum is an industrial town powered by the nearby Astral shard and is home to many people. The city is full of life both day and night with many people to talk to or shops to visit. With back alley ways to explore to the open market place and even vendors to buy food like meat kabobs.

Now with fixed images!

ViciousDS

Banned
How do summons work? I still have no clue...... It's not duscae style..... But it just says they appear at certain locations in the world and do different things...... But what's the criteria to get them to show?,

How do summons work? I still have no clue...... It's not duscae style..... But it just says they appear at certain locations in the world and do different things...... But what's the criteria to get them to show?,

The answer is... we still neither have no clues ! lol, no info on that front, but if another streams of infos would get out soon, I wish it would be on this one.

xion4360

They're using PC button icons but I'm pretty confident in saying this is identical to the PS4 version.

Its no so much that its PC buttons but thats its generic non platform specific buttons... Back during the FFXIII days they would release the exact same screenshots with ps3 and xbox 360 buttons and people would get mad so they more often started releasing images with these nondescript buttons.The game is finished so theres no need to release PC DEV screenshots.

Jaymageck

Is this game more than driving + fighting enemies in fields in a few similar looking environments?

I don't follow it closely but I swear all the stuff I do see looks exactly the same.

benzy

Finally got to see these on my laptop. BD2 finally releases some good images, compression aside. IQ is really nice in these.

Is this game more than driving + fighting enemies in fields in a few similar looking environments?

I don't follow it closely but I swear all the stuff I do see looks exactly the same.

They keep releasing screenshots of old areas they've already revealed a while ago, which is why you're still seeing the same looking stuff.

Top Bottom