• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy X HD Screens

The Jason

One of my most anticipated releases, as FFX is one of my favourite games of all time. Hope it come out this year

Wazzy

Banned
The voice acting wasn't great in X but I thought Tidus, Auron, Lulu, Rikku and Kimahri were perfect. Yuna I thought was okay because I didn't expect her to show tons of emotion but sometimes the voice actress sounded a little too dead. Wakka is pretty bad.

Am I correct in saying that this is the plan for this release:
PS3 - X and X-2 are on one disc, it is a full price game.
Vita - X and X-2 are sold separately, each costs ???

I hope I don't get forced to pay for X-2 when I just want X so splitting them would be preferable.

Venfayth

Really hoping there's more to that UI ...

ibbjqNheEDt7U4.png
FFX_Battle.png

rataven

Awwww FFX!!! Looks stunning. I'll admit the voice acting shows the game's age, but everything else just looks so beautiful. Cannot wait to summon Valefor and Shiva in glorious HD. :)

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I know I've mentioned it, but ugh, that font just reeks of iOS remake quality font. Reminds me of that one game they teased/released (not sure) that looked like a flash game.

Of course I do. Doesn't mean I can't hold that small glimmer of hope. :'(

Prequel, spin-off or just featured in more FF spin-off's would make me a happy camper.

A prequel set in the distant past would be interesting.

Or the future. FFVIII doesn't have a "the evil of the world is vanquished and nothing bad will come again" kind of ending.

Shinjiru

Yeah, I am really looking forward to playing FFX HD. I've been holding off on another playthrough of it ever since HD collections starting coming out this gen.

never finished it, but i really liked the system when i played it so i'm totally picking this up. I need some more Lulu in my life.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'll be honest but the trailer doesn't give justice to the screenshots given throughout this year.

Lkr

listen to my story.....
.....this may be...our last chance...

am i the only one that thinks some of the screens look worse than the game does on PCSX2?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Aww yeah, HD blitzball. Can't wait.

Is this game going to have an option to enable the JPN dialogue? The English VA is kinda hit/miss.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I thought this was interesting:

Top is PS2, bottom is PS3/PSV.

They cropped the bottom parts but it seems like the sides were kinda widescreened. It's like KH 1.5 but to a lesser extent.

BJK

Not sure I need FFX remake, but I might pick it up eventually when / if I get a vita.

Portable blitzball is too good to pass up.

SYNTAX182

Looks decent enough. X was the last FF I enjoyed. I still don't get why we don't have an FFVII remake since that's the most popular one. FF9 is still the best for me though. Do it SE.

Lkr

No, you aren't. I think they look pretty bad.

just wanted to make sure i wasn't looking at this with some kind of pcsx2 nostalgia glasses or anything.

btw what is up with the KH HD release? why aren't they including KH2?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It actually looks really bad. I wonder how it would compare to the original game just being emu'd and upscaled with aa.

Are you guys not seeing the same screens I am? They won't look so bad probably on Vita, but they sure as hell won't look pretty on the PS3 with that aliasing.

Dunan

Not a fan of that sloppy UI. There should at least be a space between the letters "HP" and the numbers that follow it, and those numbers should be justified based on the last digit, not the first.

Top Bottom