• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy X HD Screens

SirNinja

Not a fan of that sloppy UI. There should at least be a space between the letters "HP" and the numbers that follow it, and those numbers should be justified based on the last digit, not the first.

It is like that; the shot you're using for reference was an older one they shouldn't have sent out to press. Here's a quick shot from the trailer:
tPa1wcu.jpg
Everything's aligned much better there.

It's still got a ways to go before it looks good, though. Especially in the font department. Who the hell thought
uhI8cDd.jpg
was a better choice than
GaUPCdZ.jpg
?

Dunan

It is like that; the shot you're using for reference was an older one they shouldn't have sent out to press. Here's a quick shot from the trailer:

Everything's aligned much better there.

Good to know. Now I just hope that the number 1 is as wide as the other digits; it looks like it might be thinner. Number fonts should never be proportional.

TheChaos0

It actually looks really bad. I wonder how it would compare to the original game just being emu'd and upscaled with aa.

Are you guys not seeing the same screens I am? They won't look so bad probably on Vita, but they sure as hell won't look pretty on the PS3 with that aliasing.

There were comparison between HD and emulator pictures somewhere. Actually here they are:

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/14641

Models are vastly improved.

RPGCrazied

There is a live event for this today right? Sure hope we get a release date. I'd love to preorder this! But not going to now until there is a release date and maybe a preorder bonus.

RPGCrazied

it might be fixed when the game's finished... I hope we get a release date this afternoon

I hope, but wouldn't surprise me if they don't have one today. I hope we can see the menu screen, did it get a redesign or anything? Have yet to see it.

Aurizen

I hope, but wouldn't surprise me if they don't have one today. I hope we can see the menu screen, did it get a redesign or anything? Have yet to see it.

I read that it will, its still being worked on... they said its 2-D and its frustrating making it modern.

AOC83

Banned
Also,

Looks like their solution to the prerendered backgrounds issue wasn't to make them 3D, but to make the 2D backdrops higher resolution instead.

So is it easily possible to res up prerendered backrounds? People always say it´s impossible to get a proper HD remale out of games that use those.

Wazzy

Banned
it might be fixed when the game's finished... I hope we get a release date this afternoon
I doubt it but hey, I can hope. I'm still getting both regardless since they're two of my favourite games and this HD collection looks great.

Ewww they left all of the drawn static backgrounds in. Everything else looks fantastic though, although some of the environment textures still definitely show their age.

Aurizen

no release date

and characters faces will improve!

and a certain section has been rerecorded. my guess Last mission.

Aeana

So is it easily possible to res up prerendered backrounds? People always say it´s impossible to get a proper HD remale out of games that use those.
No, just making the image larger wouldn't work. They most likely recreated it, or if they were lucky they still had the source 3D setup and just took a snapshot at a higher resolution.

SirNinja

Just confirmed on the SE Presents stream that the remaster will be the International version.
Re-re-re-re-re-reconfirmed, you mean :p

would be cool if they gave FFX HD a FFXIII Lightning Return menu or something modern

Too much to hope for. (Say what you want about FF13, but those menus were incredibly slick.)

I just hope the new menus don't look overly generic. The color and design of FFX's menus (reference pic below) had an almost early-90s vibe to them, but they all fit right in with the game's universe. I hope they retain at least some of it for the HD versions.

Christopher

I hope they replaced the song in Japanese thts the only thing that threw me off on the first play through square usually localized everything

Muffdraul

I recently realized, I'm probably not going to be as into this as I thought. If the only version of FFX is the International version, then meh. I really only want to play the original vanilla version that came out in Japan and NA in 2001. Obviously there's more than enough room on the blu-ray for them to include any and all versions of FFX that exist, but they won't. They always do something to make sure I never get what I want. =(

Cloudy

Banned
Was the game re-dubbed? Rikku sounds worse than I remember

I recently realized, I'm probably not going to be as into this as I thought. If the only version of FFX is the International version, then meh. I really only want to play the original vanilla version that came out in Japan and NA in 2001. Obviously there's more than enough room on the blu-ray for them to include any and all versions of FFX that exist, but they won't. They always do something to make sure I never get what I want. =(

Are you being sarcastic? How does extra content make the game less appealing?

The original art was probably originally drawn at a higher resolution and scaled down for the PS2. They would simply go back to the original assets to get higher resolution art.

Top Bottom