• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffdraul

Game looks great. Something wrong with people's eyes...or maybe they forgot it's an open world rpg and not Uncharted 4

People have been willfully making moutains out of molehill flaws with FF games ever since FFVII. It's been like a tradition since then. Or at least that's how it often seems to me. No matter how much awesome radness is biting them in the ass, they'll ignore all that and nit pick about whatever minor imperfection.

ebil

Just now a trailer for A King's Tale: FFXV was released, with the main character Weskham on the left:
wjgEKkR.jpg
Designs look really similar, maybe that's the same character?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The visuals for this game look so inconsistent, at times it looks fantastic and then others it looks shitty.
Really like the lighting though and the giant creatures look super cool!

With a world this big, i think that is to be expected, especially with the amount of variety on hand in regards to details ect. Also, i'm a big fan of your channel Jack

Mr. RHC

k1X8lD.jpg

All I want for this series is for one of the overdressed, ridiculous villains to be forced through some kind of stupid coincidence to have to go talk to Noctis and crew in a burger joint. Like he's trying to be all mysterious and Auron it up and the camera just pans out to someone serving him a burger and fries.

You should be a writer on this game.

Philippo

This is an interesting theory since Tabata said it was a) someone we haven't seen (and we STILL have yet to see Gentiana in the game) and b) someone not from Nilfheim.

When did he say the Niflheim part? Plus, the exact same things could be said for Ravus.

Lucent

All I want for this series is for one of the overdressed, ridiculous villains to be forced through some kind of stupid coincidence to have to go talk to Noctis and crew in a burger joint. Like he's trying to be all mysterious and Auron it up and the camera just pans out to someone serving him a burger and fries.

Lol. Yeah I really would like some more silly stuff like this than always super serious stuff.

Socivol

When did he say the Niflheim part? Plus, the exact same things could be said for Ravus.
I can't find the source currently (at work...clearly not working) and yes it could be said about him but I was just saying the Gentiana theory would be interesting and also fits those specifications.

wmlk

Lol. Yeah I really would like some more silly stuff like this than always super serious stuff.

Thankfully, this game looks to have a lot of super silly stuff thanks to the road trip angle.

h0vs536r0wmiii5zseut.gif

^ That's a missable scene.

I'd be down for more, though. Like the most absurd shit.

GunBR

lol, that would be great

A lot of times JRPGs (and animes) takes itself too seriously

Jeels

Versus XIII seemed to have really different creature designs.

I wonder if these prehistoric type creatures are still in the game.

Ya, feels way more cartoony. Can't decide which I like more, but some of the more standard enemies in XV, like that dog fiend type thing, are so boring and ugly..

Versus XIII seemed to have really different creature designs.

I wonder if these prehistoric type creatures are still in the game.

Garula, catoblepas, etc. etc. always struck me as extremely prehistoric looking and I'm with you in that I hope they maintain that aesthetic and give us these dino-like enemies in a different area. So many of the "natural" monsters look like ancient throwbacks to times gone, and the dinosaur aesthetic on those wyverns and the little guys would really tie it all together.

Muffdraul

I'm pretty sure Versus had more original designs. Have we seen any enemies in XV that are actually new?

The "bring back classic enemies from old FFs" was in full effect when it was vsXIII. Most if not all of them were originally designed by Nomura back when that was his main gig at Square.

EDIT: Actually I guess many of them go even further back to Amano's monster designs.

wmlk

I'm pretty sure Versus had more original designs. Have we seen any enemies in XV that are actually new?

The only monsters from Versus that we have yet to see in FFXV are the Wyvern/Gargoyle (not original), Imp (not original) and the dinosaur like enemy, which doesn't look original at all and could be one of many different enemy designs from FF's history.

So, nothing's really changed at all.

Ketaya

I mean we've already seen more "prehistoric" looking enemies and I'm sure there's more. I think these are new to the series as well.

Xpec-670x395.png

It looks like most of the enemies from Versus have been fully updated for HD, but I admit I've been really wanting to see those wyverns and little swarming raptor guys. They have great designs, even if they're quite old now.

Go_Ly_Dow

I ain't keeping my hopes alive for Bahamut. There's been no indication so far.

I mean we've already seen more "prehistoric" looking enemies and I'm sure there's more. I think these are new to the series as well.

Xpec-670x395.png

Aha, I forgot about this dragon.

We need to tone down our visual expectations of what the game will look like. It was built on a pc using an extremely taxing engine. The watered down results on console likely arent gonna be great. Hope the gameplay and story can at least make up for that, as well as the act of just exploring

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
We need to tone down our visual expectations of what the game will look like. It was built on a pc using an extremely taxing engine. The watered down results on console likely arent gonna be great. Hope the gameplay and story can at least make up for that, as well as the act of just exploring

Your underestimating what these consoles can do.

Falk

that puzzling face
Only been a yr I've learned a large portion of posters can't tell the difference between ps4/Xbox one/pc graphics anyway

Honestly I think people tend to forget the simple fact that smaller images making a lot of things look more acceptable. The sized-down Duscae screenshots earlier in the thread is a good example of why it's important to keep in mind.

It's about as baffling as people not realizing that higher FPS matters more for games with a lot of fast movement, the same reason sports channels really benefit from 50Hz in EU.

edit: I think FFXV looks really, really great in motion. Screenshots don't really do the visual aesthetic of the game justice. A lot of it has to do with the animation work.

artsi

I ain't keeping my hopes alive for Bahamut. There's been no indication so far.

He's right there with Leviathan in the painting.

qSiFV9v.jpg

Okay he could be Diablos too, but there's no sense using a second grade summon when they could use the legendary Bahamut.
I guess he's going to be a big surprise so makes sense they're not spoiling it before release.

Ketaya

All the signage in the stores and such seems to be in English now. Boooo-ring.

The signs have always been in English and thats good, so you can actally read all the small details on on the products in the stores.

qSiFV9v.jpg

Okay he could be Diablos too, but there's no sense using a second grade summon when they could use the legendary Bahamut.
I guess he's going to be a big surprise so makes sense they're not spoiling it before release.

I think that's Bahamut as well. Way to elegant for something like Diabolos.
I think Diabolos will be in the game as well though. He's in Justice Monsters Five and he's on the emblem of the Kingsglaive.

qSiFV9v.jpg

What are all the supposed summons in this image again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom