• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennetics

Obligatory this game looks like shit 10 years for what wait for the Neo version.

Honestly, I'm still stoked about the game. I shouldn't be looking at these screens cause I'm wanting to avoid any spoilers but I couldn't help myself...

Obligatory this game looks like shit 10 years for what wait for the Neo version.

Honestly, I'm still stoked about the game. I shouldn't be looking at these screens cause I'm wanting to avoid any spoilers but I couldn't help myself...

Those screens are from early game I think, just look at their HP.

Tyaren

JpmSSze.jpg

Why is there a girl in the car? They are on a bro-trip full of bromance so there's no place for woman in the car.....dammit square....

[/I really want another FF 8/10 romance story in my Final Fantasy dammit

I have following theory:

Tabata always stressed that he thinks female party members would completely change the group dynamic. He wants to have this nonchalant best bros on an adventure kind of atmosphere and a woman would change that. I kind of see his point... But fans obviously complained a lot about that. Maybe Iris is the best way to bring a female into the group who doesn't change the group dynamic as much, because she's practically a family member and no possible love interest. Also, by the looks of it she seems a little tomboyish.
I'd like her as an additional party member for a part of the journey. :)

wmlk

They'll play up Iris as a character the main group would want to protect. Probably a big brother and little sister type of relationship. I'm excited. It's been done before, but having an all-male party dynamic where they're all close can affect their interactions.

Jeels

I am thinking of waiting for the Neo version at this point. :/ Getting it at launch and just not playing it, because this is looking waaaay too rough.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Concern trolling about this game seems to have taken a life of its own irrespective of the actual progress of the game.

Some people think its high end PC version that can't be rendered on console, some think it looks horrible, others just nitpick at the JRPG conventions.

I can only shrug my shoulders, cause it looks pretty decent to me. Of course final game remains to be seen, but we have only a little while to wait yet

Cornbread78

I have following theory:

Tabata always stressed that he thinks female party members would completely change the group dynamic. He wants to have this nonchalant best bros on an adventure kind of atmosphere and a woman would change that. I kind of see his point... But fans obviously complained a lot about that. Maybe Iris is the best way to bring a female into the group who doesn't change the group dynamic as much, because she's practically a family member and no possible love interest. Also, by the looks of it she seems a little tomboyish.
I'd like her as an additional party member for a part of the journey. :)

They'll play up Iris as a character the main group would want to protect. Probably a big brother and little sister type of relationship. I'm excited. It's been done before, but having an all-male party dynamic where they're all close can affect their interactions.

Fair enough. I've pretty much been in media blackout on this game for the past 6-12 mos, so I've tried to read/watch as little as possible about the story and characters outside of watching the anime series....

Maniel

Banned
Do you think Iris will fight?
After all she comes from a family of soldiers.

I think so. I'm very curious about what type of weapon that she will use. I'm thinking Shuriken, but I'm probably subconsciously leaning towards it because she looks so much like Yuffie.

artsi

I think so. I'm very curious about what type of weapon that she will use. I'm thinking Shuriken, but I'm probably subconsciously leaning towards it because she looks so much like Yuffie.

You think so until she whips out the giant buster sword that big bro gave her for birthday.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Otnopolit

I like the art, and it's cool to see some new ideas come to the franchise, but I remain at ground zero with my expectations. I'll wait for reviews and impressions, but the media released for this game just hasn't got my hyped, yet.

Also, really not digging the blatant Cid eye candy. Really lame.

Bluenoser

God damnit this looks amazing. I'm so scared it will run at 10fps though. I've been conditioned to think if it looks too good to be true...

Any word on a PC version yet? I will definitely get this, very much doubt I will double dip and not too fussed about playing it at PS4 launch

God damnit this looks amazing. I'm so scared it will run at 10fps though. I've been conditioned to think if it looks too good to be true...

I think the Titan demo people played at e3 was supposedly nearly locked 30 bar one or two dips when it was intense? Iirc from the Platinum Demo the main issue was awful frame-pacing (sorta like how Bloodborne felt less than steady 30fps). SO if they are getting the framepacing worked out and just optimizing in general....should be pretty good.

Can someone please explain the charge meters above (green) and around (blue) the weapon wheel?

The green One is to give an order to an allie. Example:

Gladio - Use Tempest (it'll cost one charge of the Green bar)

And the blue one is for the armiger.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any word on a PC version yet? I will definitely get this, very much doubt I will double dip and not too fussed about playing it at PS4 launch

Squeenix has spent the past couple of years (re-)releasing Final Fantasy games on the PC and at this point the only mainline entries missing are the original and 2. A PC version of 15 is a question of "When" rather than "Will".

Arkeband

Banned
According to what?

It's been pretty noticeable when they've used a PC dev build for screenshots and footage versus console.

Draw distance, aliasing, etc.

We have no hard proof that the console build runs any better than it did in Duscae 2.0. We have seen a reduction of draw distance, foliage radius, the introduction of dynamic resolution, and other resource-cutting measures, but there's not much indication that they've actually made it look better AND run better on consoles.

Ketaya

It's been pretty noticeable when they've used a PC dev build for screenshots and footage versus console.

We have no hard proof that the console build runs any better than it did in Duscae 2.0. We have seen a reduction of draw distance, foliage radius, the introduction of dynamic resolution, and other resource-cutting measures, but there's not much indication that they've actually made it look better AND run better on consoles.

No, draw-distance and AA have been just as good/bad as the console version in PC shots before, or have you forgotten all the ugly shots already.
The only thing showing it's a screenshot from the Dev-environment are the orange button-icons.

And the Titan-demo runs much better then Platinum despite being more performance intensive. It's not that we don't see any improvement.

I just noticed that this looks like a dungeon. Ice Cavern from FF IX feelings

I really like the dungeons they've shown (in Duscae, the sewer looking location, ice cavern). Maybe part of why they lean on Duscae and Lucis so much is to really drive home "big open world." Obviously everyone here knows how the game is structured, but no doubt plenty of people haven't paid much attention to date.

I really like the dungeons they've shown (in Duscae, the sewer looking location, ice cavern). Maybe part of why they lean on Duscae and Lucis so much is to really drive home "big open world." Obviously everyone here knows how the game is structured, but no doubt plenty of people haven't paid much attention to date.

It makes sense, and they probably want us to get the sense of discovery when playing the game.

Draw distance in those screens is trash though.
DrJDn5N.jpg

and they're 1024x576. here is a 1080p shot I just downsampled to that:
NuYi8uw.jpg

that's just 1080p with FXAA. it's all about how you do the post.

bonus: duscae 2.0 at 1024x576 (the size of these screens)
iK6J1Xl.jpg

OP screens are certainly a bit sharper but they've said that they changed their AA since Duscae 2.0, which might be why. but as you can see lowering it to that size reduces most aliasing.

sharpening it (which they likely did to press screens) then removes most of the difference:
7J6qTTr.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish they'd say if there were/what are the preorder bonuses for digital. I want the Raiment DLC but the PSN page doesn't mention anything or a digital deluxe version

The visuals for this game look so inconsistent, at times it looks fantastic and then others it looks shitty.
Really like the lighting though and the giant creatures look super cool!

I wish they'd say if there were/what are the preorder bonuses for digital. I want the Raiment DLC but the PSN page doesn't mention anything or a digital deluxe version

Psn preorders bonuses are up.

Edit:

Masamune
16 bit car recolor
Angler set
XV home screen theme
Big Bang amano Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom