• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

So who's that chick?

Are you referring to the short haired brunette girl? That's Gladio's sister. Are you referring to the gorgeous blonde woman? That's Cidney. Are you referring to the beautiful woman in the silver dress? That's Luna. Are you referring to the pretty woman in the mask? That's Aranea. Are you referring to a woman with dark black hair? That's Gentiana.

Lmao somebody is going to believe you one of these days

IT'S THE TRUTH!!!!

Gladio sister, Iris.

Thx!

Are you referring to the short haired brunette girl? That's Gladio's sister. Are you referring to the gorgeous blonde woman? That's Cidney. Are you referring to the beautiful woman in the silver dress? That's Luna. Are you referring to the pretty woman in the mask? That's Aranea. Are you referring to a woman with dark black hair? That's Gentiana.

Haha, I meant the short haired brunette girl! But thx for clarifying them all xD

It seems like Noctis wields the sword physically though. Is it possible that all the phantom swords can be physically wielded by Noctis in addition to adding to his Armiger? Or could it be because Regis' sword isn't an ancient relic, it's still in a usable state? Or maybe it falls into a special category like the engine sword, which Tabata stated had special functions.

In game, yes - the shuriken is in the "phantom weapon" class in Platinum (signified by sword in pedestal icon).

Just now a trailer for A King's Tale: FFXV was released, with the main character Weskham on the left:
wjgEKkR.jpg
King Regis telling a bedtime story to Noctis: "Why don't I just make up a story"

lol You only get to have a black party member in an 8-bit land of make believe. And it looks like he's still the only one in the entire world, we'll see. Also, has there ever been a FF where if there is a black character, he doesn't have guns?

How was he the main character? He looked like one of the party members. Young Regis was the main, wasn't he? I'm confused about this.

I'm not trying to be down on the games. It's just funny to me to point out these things. And with that said, I'm interested. Looks good.

finalflame

Gold Member
Visually speaking, this game does not look impressive. Way more excited for World of Final Fantasy and prefer the aesthetics in that game.

artsi

lol You only get to have a black party member in an 8-bit land of make believe. And it looks like he's still the only one in the entire world, we'll see. Also, has there ever been a FF where if there is a black character, he doesn't have guns?

That's just BS and Koozek already replied to you about it when you said it last time.

There are a few others^^
final-fantasy-xv-12-26-14-11.jpg

4abcOp1.jpg

1FOmhyG.jpg

4zSbYOy.jpg

wTjxyDa.jpg

2cYYe8W.jpg

Final%2BFantasy%2BXV%2BCGI%2BMovie%2BKingsglaive%2BTrailer_CGRecord0098.jpg

EDIT: Just now a trailer for A King's Tale: FFXV was released, with the main character Weskham on the left:
wjgEKkR.jpg

That's just BS and Koozek already replied to you about it when you said it last time.
I said "we'll see". I never said it as a matter of fact.

I missed Koozek's post. This is awesome. Things are progressing on the Japanese side of things it seems, at least at SE anyway.

I've noticed that this is something that isn't a big deal to a lot of people, but it's important to me. It always has. And not just for black people but for everybody who enjoys these games. I also understand that not everyone's environment is as diverse as mine, including the creators of these games, so there is a level of understanding from me.

But I also like to poke fun.

Edit: Ok Seven Force, we have one from 20 years ago. I forgot what he used. I can't even remember his name.

I missed Koozek's post. This is awesome. Things are progressing on the Japanese side of things it seems, at least at SE anyway.

I've noticed that this is something that isn't a big deal to a lot of people, but it's important to me. It always has. And not just for black people but for everybody who enjoys these games. I also understand that not everyone's environment is as diverse as mine, including the creators of these games, so there is a level of understanding from me.

Edit: Ok Seven Force, we have one from 20 years ago. I forgot what he used. I can't even remember his name.

It's also worth noting that party members in XV can wield several different weapons each and in the title art Weskham is depicted wielding a rapier.

Kiros from FFVIII. Uses some weird dual blade things I don't recall the name of. Cool guy.
Yeah and Laguna and that big guy. I liked their story much better than the main one. Laguna had a line that made me really laugh out loud. Don't ask me what it was but no FF has ever done that to me since.
It's also worth noting that party members in XV can wield several different weapons each and in the title art Weskham is depicted wielding a rapier.
Cool. I like that.

Mr. RHC

Yeah, nice backpaddling. Also nice display of lack of knowledge of the series.

I also understand that not everyone's environment is as diverse as mine, including the creators of these games, so there is a level of understanding from me.

I'm sure your environment is very diverse.

Cool. I like that.

Me too. I honestly think it's a little strange they have Weskham as a gun wielder as well, though, given that Cid was shown in official art with Regis being a gunner but they have him with a spear here. Seems like they shuffled things around with Cor being absent for whatever reason.

At least they exist in FFXV bruh. Most JP games we aren't even included as an NPC. U can't expect JP developers to even include black people correctly, bc their culture is addicted to white. But that's a whole nother topic, and I love JP for what it is so no hate on my end

Koozek

King Regis telling a bedtime story to Noctis: "Why don't I just make up a story"

How was he the main character? He looked like one of the party members. Young Regis was the main, wasn't he? I'm confused about this.

I'm not trying to be down on the games. It's just funny to me to point out these things. And with that said, I'm interested. Looks good.
I meant "one of the main characters".

Yeah, nice backpaddling. Also nice display of lack of knowledge of the series.

I'm sure your environment is very diverse.
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

I'm just being honest. How is that back peddling and why would I even need to? I was shown some pictures that I'm genuinely excited to see. I made my jokes and I thought they were funny as did some others here. Am I supposed to keep attacking after the joke has worn down?

My environment is very diverse. I live in southern California. We have the biggest Filipino population in the US, a large black community, whites, 15 minutes from Mexico so there are a lot of Mexican people, a fast growing Persian/Middle Eastern (sorry) community, my parents are Buddhist so I grew up around Japanese and a lot of other races within the religion, which itself is very diverse.

This is why it's always strange for me to see only one or two groups of people represented in media.

Also, the only FF I never played was FFII on NES. I know a great deal about the series. But sorry if I fail to remember something I played 20 years ago.

What are you mad about?

Me too. I honestly think it's a little strange they have Weskham as a gun wielder as well, though, given that Cid was shown in official art with Regis being a gunner but they have him with a spear here. Seems like they shuffled things around with Cor being absent for whatever reason.
Yeah, it's confusing. We'll see when the final product releases. I'm excited for it all.
At least they exist in FFXV bruh. Most JP games we aren't even included as an NPC. U can't expect JP developers to even include black people correctly, bc their culture is addicted to white. But that's a whole nother topic, and I love JP for what it is so no hate on my end
I agree 100% with everything you said and I feel the same way. I understand why things are the way they are, I just wish they could be better. But this is why we need more open minded people to develop games and media and maybe they'll become more inclusive as well over time. What I have been shown tonight from Koozek's post is a huge step past the unspoken "one per game" rule that has plagued the series since it started having black characters, even if they are only NPCs. It's a start.
I meant "one of the main characters".
Ah, I gotcha.

Philippo

No way they had a Neo patch in the works, they're still knees deep into PS4/XBONE developement, let alone working on the upgraded versions.

Also, at this point i hope they go 900p for PS4 and instead bump up the AA.

To make it clear, basic Neo compatibility is required by Sony, but the amount of effort invested into game to make them run better is up to devs. I expect that variable FPS and framerate will be smoothed out on Neo, but Tabata wants to invest more time into the game later down the line.

Yeah i guess that makes sense.
Maybe instead of having occasional dips it will be rock solid 30fps, with no further improvements, and then a Neo patch next year.

If that's the way Sony is going, i wonder what they'll do to convince the devs on working on actual improvements for Neo patches.

To make it clear, basic Neo compatibility is required by Sony, but the amount of effort invested into game to make them run better is up to devs. I expect that variable FPS and framerate will be smoothed out on Neo, but Tabata wants to invest more time into the game later down the line.
I thought the rumored NEO mode is something required for games that come out in october and beyond? FFXV is September 30th

Pretty much what he also wants for the 1-2 year later PC port.

DieH@rd

Banned
I thought the rumored NEO mode is something required for games that come out in october and beyond? FFXV is September 30th

According to leaked docs, games in september need to have Neo support in day1 patch. Games in October+ need to have it natively "on disc".

That support is just basic code that will "turn on" full hardware of Neo when it detects that neo-compatibile game is fired up.

Go_Ly_Dow

It sounds like FFXV for the Neo launch will basically be the PS4 version at 1080p.

I then expect a PC version with lots of extra graphical features to release 3 to 6 months down the line.

Then during the fall next year they will ship a definitive/complete edition for the Neo and Scorpio which will include all the DLC and also many of the PC versions graphical features.

It's quite complicated to predict given all the new variables, but that seems like the most probable outcome to me.

DieH@rd

Banned
There are 40+ million PS4 consoles out there, and zero Neo consoles.

Nobody will rush PS4 versions and focus only on Neo.

Mifec

It sounds like FFXV for the Neo launch will basically be the PS4 version at 1080p.

I then expect a PC version with lots of extra graphical features to release 3 to 6 months down the line.

Then during the fall next year they will ship a definitive/complete edition for the Neo and Scorpio which will include all the DLC and also many of the PC versions graphical features.

It's quite complicated to predict given all the new variables, but that seems like the most probable outcome to me.

Pretty optimistic, I don't even expect an announcement until like 6 months down the line, then a release a year or so after the console release. I hope we do get a nice meltdown thread like we did with ground zeroes, that was amazing. But most of all I hope the console version is solid and sells well so they put effort in the PC version.

benzy

This is what Tabata says in the interview where that twitter guy got the info from. Upgraded Neo version is most definitely coming, just a matter of when. It's pretty much the same thing he says for the PC release without making it an official confirmation announcement. Interview in French here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5qYOGhhg5U

- Any plans for the ps4 Neo?
- I am quite interested in the ps4 Neo but we don't have any established plan a the moment. I think it is good thing to let the gamers choose how they want to play their games. And personally i love powerful machines!

https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/discussion/2082/new-interview-e3-2016-gameblog#latest

More from that interview:

- FF XV evolves/changes every time we see it, what changed since the Uncovered event ?
- Since Uncovered we adapted our PC dev environment to create the consoles versions. We optimised and improved them. The Titan demo is the first result of that.

- Can you tell us more about the optimisation of each versions of the game?
- Sadly i can't tell you how far we are going to push each versions of the game, my answer wouldn't be precise enough .
But despite of that i can tell what have acomplished with this E3 demo:
- X1 : 800-900p, close to 30 fps but it can go lower when you ask your allies to do something (this problem is related to the GPU ) .
- PS4 : has the same goal as the X1 version but with 900p-1080p and 30 fps .
- Nevertheless we are fully in the optimisation phase, the retail version of the game will have the same standards .
- [ P.S : don't forget that the Japan Expo Titan demo is reported to run really smoothly for both versions since it isn't the same build as the E3 demo ]

- Tell us more about the PS VR , what are your plans ?
- We have been interested in the VR for a long time and since Sony offered us an opportunity to show something for this E3 we took it .
We then took a small part of the game to make a "live" experience with a more "casual" gameplay .
Once the game is out we will probably make a deeper and more engaging VR experince thanks to everything we have learned about the vr development with this E3 experiment .
[they then talk about how much they liked the car part of the VR demo and how Tabata wants to share it with as many players as possible .]

- Since FF XV is getting close to its release ,what are your best and worst memories about the development of FF XV ?
- It is quite hard to find a bad memory about this development , i'd say that having the chance to develop something so important for the fans and with so much attention put on us was something wonderful .
It was quite hard , but i think the most joyful moment will be the game's release .
I am eagerly awaiting for this moment .
As a matter of fact i am sure we had some really hard moment but we generally forget those kind of things .
Oh wait , i remember a bad memory , i worked and traveled so much for the game that i couldn't spend enough time with my daughter . It was quite hard ! (he says this line at the end of the interview but it is better if i put it right here ).

- You will finally be able to have good rest after all these never ending days of work !
- Yes , i will surly have the chance to relax a lil bit but not long after the release we will have to focus on what we are going to do with the game.
The gamers have been waiting a long time for this game so i want them to enjoy it as long as possible .
We will have to think about how we are going to develop and extend the FF XV's experience .
So even after the release of the game we will have a lot of work .

This is what Tabata says in the interview where that twitter guy got the info from. Upgraded Neo version is most definitely coming, just a matter of when. It's pretty much the same thing he says for the PC release without making it an official confirmation announcement. Interview in French here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5qYOGhhg5U

- Any plans for the ps4 Neo?
- I am quite interested in the ps4 Neo but we don't have any established plan a the moment. I think it is good thing to let the gamers choose how they want to play their games. And personally i love powerful machines!

https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/discussion/2082/new-interview-e3-2016-gameblog#latest

More from that interview:

- FF XV evolves/changes every time we see it, what changed since the Uncovered event ?
- Since Uncovered we adapted our PC dev environment to create the consoles versions. We optimised and improved them. The Titan demo is the first result of that.

- Can you tell us more about the optimisation of each versions of the game?
- Sadly i can't tell you how far we are going to push each versions of the game, my answer wouldn't be precise enough .
But despite of that i can tell what have acomplished with this E3 demo:
- X1 : 800-900p, close to 30 fps but it can go lower when you ask your allies to do something (this problem is related to the GPU ) .
- PS4 : has the same goal as the X1 version but with 900p-1080p and 30 fps .
- Nevertheless we are fully in the optimisation phase, the retail version of the game will have the same standards .
- [ P.S : don't forget that the Japan Expo Titan demo is reported to run really smoothly for both versions since it isn't the same build as the E3 demo ]

- Tell us more about the PS VR , what are your plans ?
- We have been interested in the VR for a long time and since Sony offered us an opportunity to show something for this E3 we took it .
We then took a small part of the game to make a "live" experience with a more "casual" gameplay .
Once the game is out we will probably make a deeper and more engaging VR experince thanks to everything we have learned about the vr development with this E3 experiment .
[they then talk about how much they liked the car part of the VR demo and how Tabata wants to share it with as many players as possible .]

- Since FF XV is getting close to its release ,what are your best and worst memories about the development of FF XV ?
- It is quite hard to find a bad memory about this development , i'd say that having the chance to develop something so important for the fans and with so much attention put on us was something wonderful .
It was quite hard , but i think the most joyful moment will be the game's release .
I am eagerly awaiting for this moment .
As a matter of fact i am sure we had some really hard moment but we generally forget those kind of things .
Oh wait , i remember a bad memory , i worked and traveled so much for the game that i couldn't spend enough time with my daughter . It was quite hard ! (he says this line at the end of the interview but it is better if i put it right here ).

- You will finally be able to have good rest after all these never ending days of work !
- Yes , i will surly have the chance to relax a lil bit but not long after the release we will have to focus on what we are going to do with the game.
The gamers have been waiting a long time for this game so i want them to enjoy it as long as possible .
We will have to think about how we are going to develop and extend the FF XV's experience .
So even after the release of the game we will have a lot of work .

I'm actually all for story DLC rather than the continuing trend of direct sequel to FF games.

chozen

Tabata said that they had technical limitations by the consoles, because he had bigger plans for certain areas,
and that he would add new features to the pc version in the future. That's if they do it of course.

I remember I used to think because Nomura was behind it and the way he did summons in KH,
Summons in FFXV would stay out in the field like Leviathan, my friend was like how can it attack if you are in buildings and I was like it would use the water dragons lol...

Could you imagine if they pulled off having the summons out for a certain time.

Ydelnae

I wouldn't complain if they do something like September 16 - Game Launch, March 2017 - Consistent story DLC and Neo/PC launch, October 2017 - Second story DLC. I definitely do not want them to keep working on XV after 2017 ends. The team has shown that they are capable of creating content at a good pace, like CDPR, so I think they can deliver a good 10h~ DLC story chapter with a new summon and some costumes.

I'm practically begging them to take the TW3 approach for XV DLC. If they could manage to package the DLC in a physical edition with an art book and other stuff it would be great too.

chozen

I wouldn't complain if they do something like September 16 - Game Launch, March 2017 - Consistent story DLC and Neo/PC launch, October 2017 - Second story DLC. I definitely do not want them to keep working on XV after 2017 ends. The team has shown that they are capable of creating content at a good pace, like CDPR, so I think they can deliver a good 10h~ DLC story chapter with a new summon and some costumes.

I'm practically begging them to take the TW3 approach for XV DLC. If they could manage to package the DLC in a physical edition with an art book and other stuff it would be great too.

Seeing that Tabata takes a lot of inspiration from the devs all around the world. I can see DLC similar to TW3 coming to FFXV.
He did say there were more stories to tell, so it seems like they didn't really pull off fitting the entirety of Nojimas/Nomuras story and world.

Also, I don't think we will be seeing the faces of these characters leaving us anytime soon. Even if there will be one game, we will see improved releases again and again in the future.
Kinda like how X is on PS2, PS3, and PS4. Also Noctis has pretty much already secured a fanbase years ago, now that hes finally canon we will see him in other games like Dissidia and so on. (Maybe KH3?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom