• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Formula One:CE PS3 gameplay video (DROOL!!)

Leonsito

Zer0 said:
go and buy some ****ing glasses

I don't need it thanks, c'mon, this game doesn't look as nice as Motorstorm or Resistance IMHO, but of course it's the best looking F1 game ever, but if I want a F1 game I want simulation and realism, and previous Sony's F1 didn't have anything, I rather play GP4 or GPL.

bud

Leonsito said:
I don't need it thanks, c'mon, this game doesn't look as nice as Motorstorm or Resistance IMHO, but of course it's the best looking F1 game ever, but if I want a F1 game I want simulation and realism, and previous Sony's F1 didn't have anything, I rather play GP4 or GPL.

Did you just compare Resistance with F1

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
emomoonbase said:
Having watched a bazillion race car videos online I was hoping for something better and more realistic looking for PS3. You could have told me this was a PS2 game and I'd have believed you for the most part.

JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!!!!!!!! A ****ing PS2 game man? Shit!

Raistlin

IMO - the graphics when actually playing the game are not as good as I thought they would be (some weird blurring and tearing at certain distances).

It's just a demo though, so I'll reserve judgment.

Blunty

Looks awesome. I assuming that you can have full races and everything though? I want to play an proper F1 game, and I've never seen an F1 race with only 3 laps. Also, I hope that the damage is pretty realistic. I was worried how in that the guy seemed to be going of a lot and hitting others pretty hard, with next to no consequence. Basically, I want it to be as close to the real thing as possible. I'm guessing that a lot of these things you can turn on and off, so people who just wanna have a few forgiving races can?

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Blunty said:
Looks awesome. I assuming that you can have full races and everything though? I want to play an proper F1 game, and I've never seen an F1 race with only 3 laps. Also, I hope that the damage is pretty realistic. I was worried how in that the guy seemed to be going of a lot and hitting others pretty hard, with next to no consequence. Basically, I want it to be as close to the real thing as possible. I'm guessing that a lot of these things you can turn on and off, so people who just wanna have a few forgiving races can?

Yes, you can turn off lots of stuff.....for the people that dont like realistic sims you can turn off damage, enable all assists and you will see the bumper car style gameplay seen in most videos.....its the same thing at game shows...they create the easiest demo build they can....sometimes even easier than the shipping product will turn out to be, so people can play the game and not become frustrated since hands on time is so short in game shows.....sometimes less than 1 minute......developers have been doing this for eons

Final game will have option to have full race laps (70+ laps in some cases) and SCEE said they want the game to have up to 22 player online, meaning an entire formula one grid!!!(11 teams, 2 cars each)

Nozi

Banned
travisbickle said:
That's because your eyes can't register over 30 frame per second.

Not true

I have played the demo once but I believe it was at 30fps with blur, I'll have to check again.

Mmmkay

http://playsyde.com/news_3673_en.html
The TGS demo was 60fps with slowdown. Blim's site captured some off screen footage at 50fps and it definitely looked to have been running faster than 30fps.

If they subsequently bailed on 60 though, I'll be pretty disappointed. Hopefully someone will capture some demo footage at 60fps to see whether it's the case.

bee

stunning looking game, i love racing sims and f1 however f1 racing sims just dont do it for me, too much dam grip not enough power sliding etc

Top Bottom