• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Futurama episodes premiere on Comedy Central in June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevoDS

ckohler said:
Mat Groening's signature appears on all these images. Does that mean he actually drew these or is it just standard procedure for them to label any Futurama image with his signature?
Standard procedure, I think. The Simpsons does that too, most promo pics feature the Matt Groening signature at the bottom right.

G0523

Trent Strong said:
Billy West was on the latest episode of the Adam Corolla podcast. What a fucking asshole. Listening to that podcast might have ruined Futurama for me forever.
Care to elaborate for those of us who haven't heard it? (Preferably with spoiler tags so some of us will still think that he's not a fucking asshole.)

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Trent Strong said:
Billy West was on the latest episode of the Adam Corolla podcast. What a fucking asshole. Listening to that podcast might have ruined Futurama for me forever.

Details?

He didn't say anything specific that would make him an asshole. He didn't insult anyone, or insult the show or anything (he barely mentioned Futurama.) I felt he just had a really grating, obnoxious, annoying personality. I probably overreacted calling him a fucking asshole. :lol Some people might like his personality. Maybe I'm the asshole.

GameGamer

Trent Strong said:
He didn't say anything specific that would make him an asshole. He didn't insult anyone, or insult the show or anything (he barely mentioned Futurama.) I felt he just had a really grating, obnoxious, annoying personality. I probably overreacted calling him a fucking asshole. :lol Some people might like his personality. Maybe I'm the asshole.

Is there a link for that show?

GAF this shit premieres in 17 days. Where the hell is the hype? I am seriously considering marathoning the series after work/school leading up to the release.

Lucius86

Banned
The_Inquisitor said:
GAF this shit premieres in 17 days. Where the hell is the hype? I am seriously considering marathoning the series after work/school leading up to the release.

I recently bought the boxed set of the 4 seasons, along with the collection of four films. Got 2 more episodes and 4 films to go, and loving every moment!!!

Costanza said:
bzbFp.jpg

This has to be a nod toward the new Star Trek.

Wait.... when/how did Costanza get banned?

Wizpig

The_Inquisitor said:
... again?
Also I can't believe there's people NOT hyped for this!

I liked all the movies and I especially loved the first one.
As usual I watched them with Italian dub.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
This show just gets better everytime you watch it. I oughta get up on the full collection sometime. So stoked for new eps.

Costanza

Banned
The_Inquisitor said:
This has to be a nod toward the new Star Trek.

I got kinda hostile on people after the LOST finale. I'm back now.

Working on a nice thread for the new season of Futurama too :D

I need to call and get basic cable again tomorrow so I can watch these new episodes. I don't even want to screw with trying to watch them on my crappy laptop. I'm really excited that it's it's finally back baby, again.

wwm0nkey

smokeymicpot said:
Can not wait. Hopefully it will not fail like the Family Guy comeback.
Family guy was good for awhile when it came back, now though...it needs to just end. Im sure Futurama will be epic though :D

AMUSIX

Jangaroo said:
What exactly happened in the Rock Band thread? It was a massacre. I know Costanza got banned in that one.
quick recap:
-E3 news started hitting about RB3, and a new thread was created (USA Today one)
-Evilore didn't realize the content of that thread, and scolded the RB thread for not bringing big information to the rest of GAF and created this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398766
-Baker snapped at him that it had been done-was banned
-Space Cadet rebelled/suicided by flooding the Gaming forum with various threads on any minor RB news-was banned
-Costanza, Dave, and JetGrind all laughed at his account suicide...evilore took their comments as collaboration in trying to spam the gaming forum-they were banned

All bans were permanent

Any further discussion of this should go into the RB Squire thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398766

Sorry to derail, just answering

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
AMUSIX said:
quick recap:
-E3 news started hitting about RB3, and a new thread was created (USA Today one)
-Evilore didn't realize the content of that thread, and scolded the RB thread for not bringing big information to the rest of GAF and created this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398766
-Baker snapped at him that it had been done-was banned
-Space Cadet rebelled/suicided by flooding the Gaming forum with various threads on any minor RB news-was banned
-Costanza, Dave, and JetGrind all laughed at his account suicide...evilore took their comments as collaboration in trying to spam the gaming forum-they were banned

All bans were permanent

Any further discussion of this should go into the RB Squire thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398766

Sorry to derail, just answering
Holy cow... what a shame. Costanza will be missed. Anyways, we'll get back on-topic. So yes, June 24. This is the first time in months that I'm actually going to bother sitting down to watch TV.

AMUSIX

And, to the reason why I was reading this thread in the first place:

The trailers I've seen for this have shown a number of big differences in the character voices...I know that they're the same voice actors, but stuff like that will still take me some getting used to. Regardless, I've happily got it set to record the series.

Yep Costanza is going to be missed. A lot of great contributors to the community were banned. It's really a shame something more amicable couldn't be worked out between those banned and the mods.

I am pretty stoked for the episode. May have to watch it later due to class. What time is it premiering at?

MMaRsu

Banned
What did Costanza do this time?

AAAH WTF Costanza, Dave and JetGrind were perm'd? OMG :(

Ok enough offtopic..

So far this is pretty great, only 5 minutes in so far though :)

Thomper

MMaRsu said:
What did Costanza do this time?

AAAH WTF Costanza, Dave and JetGrind were perm'd? OMG :(

Ok enough offtopic..

So far this is pretty great, only 5 minutes in so far though :)
What? You're watching it already? How/why/what/where/what/what/what?

B.K.

The_Inquisitor said:
I am pretty stoked for the episode. May have to watch it later due to class. What time is it premiering at?

10:00pm Eastern. Repeats at 12:30am. There are two episodes this week.

Just saw the first two episodes. They were alright. There's some funny stuff, but a lot of the plot points are kind of stupid, even for Futurama.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Yeah, the plots were both stupid and contrived. Except the fact that
Bender had to dance to avoid exploding. Just made every random shot hilarious

wwm0nkey

I just watched them, yeah the plots where not that good, but I though over all it was good.

Bender: I havent feelt much of anything since my guinea pig died
:lol :lol :lol

McBacon said:
Yeah, the plots were both stupid and contrived. Except the fact that
Bender had to dance to avoid exploding. Just made every random shot hilarious

I liked it when in that dance club Bender walks in and tells everyone to start dancing like him or something and a ramdom guy doesnt want to so bender goes over to him and threatens him lol

"I SAID DO IT!"

Chao

Watched those 2. I loved the first one and liked the second. I hope they keep this level at least, they were better than most of the movies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
wwm0nkey said:
Well now that it aired, what are peoples reactions?

I loved the first, the second was slightly below it.

Can anyone screencap the beginning when they pop out of the ooze in high quality?

My wife is a geneticist and she laughed at the bath of stem cells. So I want to make her a wallpaper with that picture and a caption the line the Professor says:

"Come on stemcells, work your astounding scientific nonsense!"

In the style of one of those motivational posters.

Wizpig

Pretty good first two episodes.
Of course the movies were better but well, after all they had a lot more time to make up something for the movies.

I don't really like the US voices, unfortunately.

edit.
C6JOc.gif
best scene from the 2 episodes, i lol'd.

Splatt

AndyD said:
I loved the first, the second was slightly below it.

Can anyone screencap the beginning when they pop out of the ooze in high quality?

My wife is a geneticist and she laughed at the bath of stem cells. So I want to make her a wallpaper with that picture and a caption the line the Professor says:

"Come on stemcells, work your astounding scientific nonsense!"

In the style of one of those motivational posters.

Hey, you stole my avatar! I got dibs on that first!

Oh well, more Futurama avatars is always welcome. They give that awesome feel this forum has lacked for quite some time :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom