• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Game Informer Cover Tomorrow [Up: Batman: Arkham Knight website semi-up]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why there are so many complaints, really. All of the games so far have been very high quality IMO, and have sold very well. Why would they not continue it? I feel like a sequel to City would be great. After this next one though, I agree they should move on to something else.

jmizzal

This is almost assuredly out this Fall given the obfuscated industry job postings that match Rocksteady's list a 2014 AAA release.

Yearly Batman ugh that would not be good, but it looks like ever big company is going for a big go to yearly game, EA Sports game, Activision COD, Ubisoft AssCreed, yearly game at this point

ieatzombies

I for one can't wait to see what Rocksteady's able to do with the Arkham formula on next gen.
I'm crossing my fingers for a city that's not just full of inmates but where you roam around in the dark helping civilians.
This right here so much. That's what I've been hoping for since city. A real Batman in gotham simulation.

Oh hey, another Batman ga--
WTGjlcX.png

18-Volt

Wow, DC should rename themselves "BC" at this point, they clearly don't care about other heroes. Cancellation of Young Justice and Green Lantern AS to make place for new Batman series, Flash being TV series instead of feature movie, emphasizing Batman more in Man of Steel sequel...

I know rock steady is making this one, but we've had three batman games back to back. I dont think they can make me excited for a new one. They should let the series breath a bit, go work on something else even

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Wow, DC should rename themselves "BC" at this point, they clearly don't care about other heroes. Cancellation of Young Justice and Green Lantern AS to make place for new Batman series, Flash being TV series instead of feature movie, emphasizing Batman more in Man of Steel sequel...

Well, DC does stand for Detective Comics...

Well make a new IP and go out of business or milk a framchise to go out of business a few Years dowm the road. Anybody looking for new experiences should really stary looking into Indies because that is the only place we gonna see originality. AAA titles are just about milking a franchise or sticking with the common denominator gameplay, to squeak out as many sales as possible.

Elginer

I love me some Batman but come the fuck on WB, give Green Arrow or another damn hero a shot as some mofo limelight.

FHIZ

Which got cancelled...

Ein Bear

They really shouldn't have gone with 'Arkham' for the name of this series. Each game title sounds progressively dumber.

Awesome games though, can't wait!

Man! They are milking this series way to much. :(.

The only thing they're milking is Rocksteady's potential.

It's a little bit deflating to see them work on yet another Arkham game because it would be fascinating to see their talents applied to other IPs.

It's like the modern Rare and Kinect Sports, or EAD Tokyo and 3D Mario.

But if you think for one second that Arkham Knight is going to be anything less than fantastic, you're mistaken.

Some Nobody

It's not as simple as you're making it out. CN is really shitty about DC toons right now, even The new Batman is canceled. TV is a serial storytelling medium that works better for serial characters like superheroes, so I'm more excited for Flash as a series.

Plus as long as Goyer and Snyder are involved with DC films they're guaranteed to be crap so who cares.

Halcyon

I love Batman. He is my favorite superhero.

I have not played Arkham Origins yet. City kinda burned me out on the whole thing. If the game is the same thing ala Assassin's Creed I most likely will not play it either.

If there is some fresh new take on it color me interested.

Toki767

I'm sure it'll be great because Rocksteady makes great games. I just wish we weren't getting Batman every year.

Cade

I'm really glad to see Rocksteady will finish their trilogy. I was worried they might've fully handed the reins over to WB Montreal (who delivered a great [though buggy] game) and wouldn't finish their story arc. Glad to see they will do that and I'm curious to see what's after that for them.

On my list for upcoming games i just randomly called it Arkham Knight as a placeholder for some time. Would be funny if this was indeed the real name of the game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Bh1T3r8CEAEo5g2.jpg:large

1671493-poster-1920-infographic-the-evolution-of-the-batman-logo-from-1940-to-today.jpg

Looks similar to the Batman: Vengeance logo.

Batman_Vengeance.jpg

BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES GAME CONFIRMED!

Shinta

Banned
Arkham Knight: 2014
Arkham Returns: 2015
Arkham and Robin: 2016
Arkham Revelations: 2017
Arkham Country: 2018
Arkham Rises: 2019
Arkham Forever: 2020
Arkham World: 2021
Arkham Universe: 2022
Arkham: 2023

Some Nobody

I love Batman. He is my favorite superhero.

I have not played Arkham Origins yet. City kinda burned me out on the whole thing. If the game is the same thing ala Assassin's Creed I most likely will not play it either.

If there is some fresh new take on it color me interested.

*sigh*. You guys bug me. If Iron Man got two quality video games I'd be chomping at the bit for a decent third and hopefully an amazing fourth. Same with GL. Instead I'm stuck with the most generic hero of them all. (Before anyone says Supes, ask yourself how many Superman films, cartoons, and games there have been in comparison to Bats since 2005 when Begins launched.).

Ephemeris

*sigh*. You guys bug me. If Iron Man got two quality video games I'd be chomping at the bit for a decent third and hopefully an amazing fourth. Same with GL. Instead I'm stuck with the most generic hero of them all. (Before anyone says Supes, ask yourself how many Superman films, cartoons, and games there have been in comparison to Bats since 2005 when Begins launched.).

itvNAh5.gif

Astorgh

I hope Azrael takes a big place in this game. I really don't care who's the main villain, Joker, Hush, Court of Owls, Black Glove, etc. I only want them to make it as good as they can. Also, this will be the perfect excuse to get a PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom