• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Game Informer Cover Tomorrow [Up: Batman: Arkham Knight website semi-up]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

I really hope we get to see the next Batman game from Rocksteady.

55z3iZb.jpg

I hope that car doubles as a hovercraft, else Gotham city's going up in flames that night.

Penguin

*sigh*. You guys bug me. If Iron Man got two quality video games I'd be chomping at the bit for a decent third and hopefully an amazing fourth. Same with GL. Instead I'm stuck with the most generic hero of them all. (Before anyone says Supes, ask yourself how many Superman films, cartoons, and games there have been in comparison to Bats since 2005 when Begins launched.).

That's a weird... metric

Let's ignore more than 60 years of history for these characters and focus on the last 9 when one was in a hugely successful movie franchise.

Also it's 4 movies to 2, it's not like Batman has been mulling them out every year.

I feel sorry for rocksteady, theyre kinda like the old infinity ward with cod. They made MW1 and 2 which were amazing and redefined fps games but activision kept milking cod and turned it into the crap we have today. Rocksteady made arkham asylum and city and redefined superhero games by creating something amazing and WB milks it with origins (bad game compared to the first two) and will most likely keep milking it in the future.

Now poeple are like "ughh another arkham game" the same way people are always like "ughh another cod game".

Pyrrhus

So now the question is whether or not Conroy is playing Batman or if we get somebody doing a bad impersonation of Conroy playing Batman.

Ragus

Banned
I can't imagine what would Rocksteady have to do, to make me interested. After 3 games, I'm not sure if I want another Batman game.

nordique

I will be so happy if this is another arkham game.

Huge huge batman fan, love these games, and I would be 100% content with yearly updates.

That's just me though and my selfish desires haha

Very excited if this ends up being a new batman

Some Nobody

That's a weird... metric

Let's ignore more than 60 years of history for these characters and focus on the last 9 when one was in a hugely successful movie franchise.

Also it's 4 movies to 2, it's not like Batman has been mulling them out every year.

This won't work in your favor no matter how you slice it. We can go from the first Superman film to present and it'd still look lop-sided as all hell. I'm talking animated films as well. They shove Batman down our throats at every opportunity. Superman has had two cartoon series in the last twenty years; Batman has had five. He's DC's go-to money-maker. Batman's currently got four different comics starring only him. Superman's got three, one of which is being canceled while Batman will be getting a weekly series.

It's not a BAD thing. If my guys were more popular I'd be hype about it.

fred

Too many Batman games in quick succession for my liking. Feels as though they're milking the franchise a little to me personally.

nordique

are we sure it will skip the wiiu?

Not 100% sure. I could see a wii u port happening, given the batman license + wb being one of the only third party supporters for it

I wonder how the wiI u versions sold? Any official numbers?

The amount of people here that for some reason don't want another entry in the best Batman games ever is depressing. Apparently Batman's universe only has enough material for two incredible, and one very good game.

sn00zer

If they can convince Hamill to reprise his role as the Joker, I would be all over this.
I dont think they really have to convince him to do it again.....he seems really all over the character, I think he is willing to do the really big jobs, considering the Joker is in tons of DC films, he just doesnt want to do all of them

I enjoyed origins, what was so wrong with it compared to ac and aa?
Nothing really, it was just very similar to the other games, and used many of the same assets...I do think though games like it such as AC:B and AC:R should be released at $40

Corpsepyre

Banned
More batman can never be a bad thing. I am yet to play origins, but a new Rocksteady game has me pretty excited. Hoping this is a current gen game, and distances itself from ps3/360

Symphonia

Banned
If it's Rocksteady, I'm in.

Asylum and City were great games. Origins, while not shit, played nothing like the first two. Here's hoping Knight is a return to it's former glory.

jmizzal

The amount of people here that for some reason don't want another entry in the best Batman games ever is depressing. Apparently Batman's universe only has enough material for two incredible, and one very good game.

The issue for me is they have the full DC license and they are using the AAA money only on Batman this would be 4, how bout using it to spread the love at least give us a awesome Justice League game

Psykoboy2

I honestly never wanted to be able to drive the car. Unless they make it in some way that I feel like Batman driving the car. Otherwise I'll be taking out light poles, trashcans, and mailboxes just due to not being completely perfect with it. Driving like I would in any other game would NOT make me feel like Batman - something the previous games have never had a problem doing.

Psykoboy2

The issue for me is they have the full DC license and they are using the AAA money only on Batman this would be 4, how bout using it to spread the love at least give us a awesome Justice League game

Rocksteady isn't owned by WB, I don't believe.

Shinta

Banned
I honestly never wanted to be able to drive the car. Unless they make it in some way that I feel like Batman driving the car. Otherwise I'll be taking out light poles, trashcans, and mailboxes just due to not being completely perfect with it. Driving like I would in any other game would NOT make me feel like Batman - something the previous games have never had a problem doing.

I'm sure it'll be fun for a bit. But ultimately, I don't need any Batman game bigger than Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Wandering around the city just doesn't do anything for me. Improve combat and stealth. Improve the puzzles. That's basically what the core gameplay is.

KORNdoggy

If it's exclusive to next gen platforms, it'll have my attention. If it has actually evolved beyond what the other 3 games where while taking on the new 52 designs, it'll have my money.

If it's just the same, hulking, bowling ball shouldered batman, fighting the same, traversing the same and generally just stagnating...then i'll pass.

Tabby

If this game only has Bat characters I'll cry.
There's been 3 Arkham games, it's time for some Superman damn it.

sn00zer

I have no doubt there is going to be some DC characters in this, especially after NetherRealms did the DC fighting game

A great comic by the name of Planetary, explores a lot of pulp/genre fiction like Godzilla, John Woo action movies, James Bond, and one issue they went up against the various forms of Batman. It was a very smart, entertaining book with some fantastic artwork.

Planetary is awesome. Some of the smartest writing in comics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom