• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Game to be added to EA Access Vault. More info at E3

lil

Ugggh this service needs to be on PS4. I've never been so willing to sign up for a subscription before.

It's gotta be Hardline. The population is dropping daily (hell, the entire game is dead on PC) and they're pushing for DLC sales since they've committed to four expansions and the first of which is just releasing next week for Premium members.

If not that, it's Battlefield 4 CTE since it's launching on Xbox One and what better way could you make it available then through Access?

It's gotta be Hardline. The population is dropping daily (hell, the entire game is dead on PC) and they're pushing for DLC sales since they've committed to four expansions and the first of which is just releasing next week for Premium members.

If not that, it's Battlefield 4 CTE since it's launching on Xbox One and what better way could you make it available then through Access?

BF4 CTE would still need premium if i remember correctly.

I'm not a big huge EA fan, but it still baffles me as to how this program is considered a bad thing by some. $30 to have a year of full access to a bunch of titles seems pretty great considering how short-lived or throwaway an experience most games tend to be, especially sports titles and older sequels. Might have to subscribe soon depending on what else shows up, but if EA fattens up the vault with a selection of great older gen titles, it would be hard for me to resist.

Who is saying it's a "bad thing"???? I don't see anyone saying that.. I don't have an X1 and it's a great deal...

Maybe Hardline. They could say "Here is Battlefield Hardline, now in the vault. The premium membership is also available at the normal 10% discount." Basically, get Hardline out and maybe people will buy the premium if they like it.

witness

Thank you Sony from protecting your consumers from this clearly evil and predatory program
Actually I wish Sony would just fucking admit their mistake and let this amazing service on PS4

Anything would be cool (it's probably dragon age) but imagine if they dropped that suspected Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster on us for the vault at E3. hnngh.

I guess we'll see.

DJKhaled

I would be so happy with Dragonage or Hardline. I think if more info is coming at E3 it will definitely be something newer and bigger than another old EA game. So I would say they are the most likely candidates for the vault.

munroe

It's both. Both hardline and DA:I are now available, but only as a free trial.
Rory Mcilroy PGA tour and Madden NFL 16 are also showing in the vault but you can't do anything with it, it's just there, "release date: coming soon"

Edit: interesting all four have now disappeared from the vault though my DA download is still occurring

Edit: nm they are still there, just moved categories from "vault games" to "show all"

Yaari

I wonder if Sony made any efforts to pursue this one, after they originally turned it down claiming it had no value. They must feel pretty stupid about that now. This is arguably the best subscription there has ever been in gaming.

Jigorath

Banned
Titanfall?

ahem

I wonder if Sony made any efforts to pursue this one, after they originally turned it down claiming it had no value. They must feel pretty stupid about that now. This is arguably the best subscription there has ever been in gaming.

I'm sure EA would love to put this on PS4 so they can double their subscription base, Sony is probably saying no.

217403_hv80lh.jpg

Jomjom

Banned

I'd say they've got a long ways to go before the service comes close to PS+

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
hardly, you can keep that value over there. I'll stick with Plus.

Copen

Banned
Keep your subscription on top of your subscription I'll pass. And I'm happy Sony told EA to get fucked honestly if anything yall should probably thank Sony for keeping EA honest. By not being on both eco systems EA has no choice but to over deliver on value to keep the fish they have hooked not only to keep you guys paying for games that don't generate income for them anymore but to make it look enticing to Sony all the while. EA is gonna EA though and eventually the other shoe's gonna drop there's always a catch with EA.

Walpurgis

Banned
ahem

I'm sure EA would love to put this on PS4 so they can double their subscription base, Sony is probably saying no.

I used to think Sony was saying no because they didn't want EA to not put games on plus but it doesn't seem like that'll ever happen again anyway (or any other AAA title for that matter). It would be nice if they would let the consumers decide on this.

T.O.P

Banned
Keep your subscription on top of your subscription I'll pass. And I'm happy Sony told EA to get fucked honestly if anything yall should probably thank Sony for keeping EA honest. By not being on both eco systems EA has no choice but to over deliver on value to keep the fish they have hooked not only to keep you guys paying for games that don't generate income for them anymore but to make it look enticing to Sony all the while. EA is gonna EA though and eventually the other shoe's gonna drop there's always a catch with EA.

414356.gif

Podge293

you don't need xbox live gold though?

also the service gives alot of games to alot of users that generally wouldn't touch them (NFL, NBA, Peggle, NHL for example for me)

also I'm pretty sure fifa generates money throughout the year with the FUT points that can be bought.... i'm sure something similar is applied to NHL, NBA and NFL

Copen

Banned
you don't need xbox live gold though?

also the service gives alot of games to alot of users that generally wouldn't touch them (NFL, NBA, Peggle, NHL for example for me)

also I'm pretty sure fifa generates money throughout the year with the FUT points that can be bought.... i'm sure something similar is applied to NHL, NBA and NFL

They give you games that aren't generating much money in their catalog basically monetizing products that otherwise don't generate retail revenue anymore right? Maybe you don't need gold but as so many people like to say who has an Xbox without gold right? I'm just saying I think PS plus has a better model and the discounts throughout the year alone are worth more to me than Live or EA access. Sadly my son didn't agree and since it was his allowance he wanted EA access so yeah I've argued it with a few people and it's my opinion that EA cares little for their customers through my experiences with them and I'm not alone in that opinion so I'd rather have ONE sub that suits my needs and tastes as well as my budget and though I have both systems I feel like PS+ was and still is the better value between Live/Access/PS+.

Podge293

They give you games that aren't generating much money in their catalog basically monetizing products that otherwise don't generate retail revenue anymore right? Maybe you don't need gold but as so many people like to say who has an Xbox without gold right? I'm just saying I think PS plus has a better model and the discounts throughout the year alone are worth more to me than Live or EA access. Sadly my son didn't agree and since it was his allowance he wanted EA access so yeah I've argued it with a few people and it's my opinion that EA cares little for their customers through my experiences with them and I'm not alone in that opinion so I'd rather have ONE sub that suits my needs and tastes as well as my budget and though I have both systems I feel like PS+ was and still is the better value between Live/Access/PS+.

not sure where you're getting the info that the games in the vault don't generate much money...Fifa is still in the top 10 charts in the UK and NPD... more than 8 months after release

Raide

Dragon Age would be a great addition amidst all the sports titles I will never play. Only subbed recently and having BF4 and PvZ on tap is nice but they need to up the variation a bit more.

Alx

They give you games that aren't generating much money in their catalog basically monetizing products that otherwise don't generate retail revenue anymore right?

They get subscriptions from games that wouldn't generate much revenue otherwise, and we get access to many quality games that we wouldn't have bought otherwise, for a ridiculous low price. I'd say it's a win-win scenario, the best kind of business.

Top Bottom