• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ghostbusters movie group shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

For some reason, the more people are upset about this movie, the more interested I am.

Wait, are they in chinatown?!

tomtom94

Just spotted that this movie's budget is $154m.

That's...ambitious.

All the still shots in the world don't really change anything. I think Feig has nailed the aesthetic, I guess, but we all know that what's going to matter is the humour of the film, and we won't see that until the trailer comes out.

I didn't like them in the prior shots. But in full uniform I'm all for them. Makes sense considering firefighter gear and all that.

Yep and if you think of a proton pack being like a fire hose (both shoot streams) the Firefighter and Ghost Buster comparison works.

Dig it all. Do you think that's still an Ambulance though? It looks like maybe a repurpised hearse which would be kinda poetic.

I love this shot. Looks fantastic

Neoweee

Just spotted that this movie's budget is $154m.

That's...ambitious.

All the still shots in the world don't really change anything. I think Feig has nailed the aesthetic, I guess, but we all know that what's going to matter is the humour of the film, and we won't see that until the trailer comes out.

The original was a big-budget special effects movie. $154 million is just scaled up like most film production costs have over the last three decades.

DieH@rd

Banned
Just posted on Twitter by the director.

https://twitter.com/paulfeig/status/619591603456491520

G4XEmb0h.jpg

:D

Girls look just fine.

gb-header-cast.jpg

I'm curious how "Feig" the humour will be

I loved Spy but it was very crass at times. I recall Ghostbusters being a bit warmer and more family friendly, I do hope they retain that more innocent approach. Basically I hope there isn't a bunch of dick jokes.

tomtom94

The original was a big-budget special effects movie. $154 million is just scaled up like most film production costs have over the last three decades.

It's more that Feig's last film cost $65m (and I'm willing to bet a large portion of that went on salaries for the cast) and made just over $200m.

I just really don't want this movie to be a box office disappointment is all.

Ridley327

I loved Spy but it was very crass at times. I recall Ghostbusters being a bit warmer and more family friendly, I do hope they retain that more innocent approach. Basically I hope there isn't a bunch of dick jokes.

One of the big jokes in the movie was Ray getting his dick sucked by a female ghost. Family friendly, it was not.

The sequel was definitely more family friendly, but that's because Akroyd and Ramis were instructed to make the characters and the humor more resemble the cartoon series.

Enilced2

There is an entire scene in the original dedicated to Dan Akroyd getting his dick sucked by a ghost...

Edit: Beaten! But I will throw in the jokes about Walter Peck being dickless as well

Davey Cakes

I kinda like how they have a "i dont give a fuck" attitude.
I mean, they're the Ghostbusters. They're on the job.

It was never really all fun and games, even in the original movies. Those guys were doing "interesting" work but it was never glamorous or meant to look like a slammin' good time.

They're basically exterminators.

Not the original. Ton of crass humour. It was only when the cartoon was a huge success that it became more uber family friendly

Davey Cakes

Family friendly? I'd suppose so, since I grew up with Ghostbusters and it became my favorite movie ever.

That said, my parents intentionally edited the old VHS tape to remove the "ghost sucking Ray Stantz's dick" scene. They were a bit overprotective.

But still, the movie wasn't always THAT innocent. The new one has to have some edge too.

andymcc

Banned
One of the big jokes in the movie was Ray getting his dick sucked by a female ghost. Family friendly, it was not.

The sequel was definitely more family friendly, but that's because Akroyd and Ramis were instructed to make the characters and the humor more resemble the cartoon series.

i would say it was also to avoid getting the newly established PG-13 rating as well.

It's not an Ambulance, it is a hearse.

An '80's ambulance just wouldn't work since nobody made Cadillac variants of ambulances back then.

Oh wait, I am wrong. There were Cadillac ambulances in the early 80's:

5317003_orig.jpg

It still would've looked way too clunky if they used the above car over the hearse they chose.

The original Ecto 1 was a multi purpose car that could be used as an ambulance or a hearse. As far as I know, it wasn't really one or the other. I could never figure out if it was suppose to be an ambulance or a hearse though in the movie, since it had a big red light like an ambulance, but was painted black like a hearse and had window drapes :

Ecto-1-You-cant-park-that-here.jpg

In the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, they often refereed to the car as a hearse.

Yeah, $30 million in 1984 meant something back then.

Return of the Jedi had an estimated budget of about $35-40 million dollar budget, and that was released in 1983. Ghostbusters was classified as a big budget movie back then.

Ridley327

Lol. Well then. Time for a rewatch!

Any chance of a Rick Moranis cameo?

I remember a couple of years ago that he said he would have been up for a cameo back when Akroyd looked like he was going to get his third movie off the ground, but with that falling apart and Ramis' death, who knows. He's said that he doesn't miss acting much since he quit, and seems content with where he's at in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom