• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season 3 |OT| You gave me an OT, I gave you an OT... Gave me OT got you OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And therefore, Season 3 will be about Winston!

2532533-brad9jsyu.gif

Cmon. Good ole Winnie needs a good season!

This is a pretty great show, but all my friends make fun of me for watching it. They haven't watched it, of course, but for whatever reason they think it's shit.

That's me. But I did watch it and gave up on it. Jake Johnson is great in Drinking Buddies, though.

anna-kendrick-and-jake-johnson-drinking-buddies-600.jpg

Winston's rant about Saturday being for sleeping has to be one of my all time favorite moments in New Girl ever. It still gets me to this day.

Ataraxia

I never thought I would say this but it is the funniest show on television, but like "Seinfeld" almost all the humor comes from the supporting cast. Winston really is just the token black guy who is overshadowed by Nick and Schmidt. Hopefully the writers figure out what to do with him this season.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I enjoy this show and am excited to be watching it again.

y2dvd

I won't catch up to tonight's premiere but I caught the pilot episode on Netflix the other day and was surprised at how much I liked it. I killed Season 1 all week. First half was ok but the second half was pretty funny. Schimdt is hysterical and Cece..hnggggggggggggggggggggggg!!! The guys definitely makes the show more enjoyable.

I should be able to finish season 2 within a week or so to start catching Season 3 live. Does it get better?

Linius

I won't catch up to tonight's premiere but I caught the pilot episode on Netflix the other day and was surprised at how much I liked it. I killed Season 1 all week. First half was ok but the second half was pretty funny. Schimdt is hysterical and Cece..hnggggggggggggggggggggggg!!! The guys definitely makes the show more enjoyable.

I should be able to finish season 2 within a week or so to start catching Season 3 live. Does it get better?

Season 2 is solid man. You'll enjoy it if you liked the first season. Schmidt and Nick really are the stars of this show.

RevoDS

I was caught off-guard by the alert on my cell phone telling me this was on tonight. I wasn't expecting it to premiere until next week.

Not that I'm complaining. Bring it on!

Good beginning to the season. Like many episodes, I think it will get better on rewatches because of all the quick comments and jokes.

Anyways, some spoilers for the upcoming episodes from EW:

+ Jess and Nick’s challenges as a couple will take center stage, at least in the beginning of the season.

“It’s just added a lot of great things for Zooey and Jake [Johnson] to play, and the way it changes the dynamic in the loft has been really funny,” says Meriwether of making Jess and Nick a couple. “We’ve gotten a lot of great comedy out of the struggle of having a couple as roommates, which has been really funny to write to.”

Their first struggle? In the premiere, we see Nick and Jess make the impulsive decision to head south of the border together “in the excitement of getting together,” but soon “some shenanigans ensue and they need some rescuing,” Meriwether says.
Their friends may be able to help them out in Mexico, but when it comes to their relationship, Deschanel says they’re on their own and will have to be up for the task. “I think both of them are just on the edge of breaking up the relationship by being mature. But I think that’s what’s exciting; it’s like watching a tightrope walker.”

+ Schimidt makes a decision in the premiere
Cece (Hannah Simone) or Elizabeth (Merritt Wever)? That’s the choice in front of Schmidt (Max Greenfield) as the new season begins, and the premiere will see him make a choice, says Meriwether. “I think he has a real dilemma in front of him in the premiere, and hopefully the audience will go with us for the choice he makes. I don’t know; we’ll see,” she says. But will his pick be a surprise? “I think it is,” Meriwether says. “I think it’ll be a little bit a surprise.” For the record, Simone isn’t going anywhere, and Nurse Jackie‘s Wever is set to appear in three episodes. (Should we read into that?)

+ Speaking of Schmidt…
He’s not happy with Nick and Jess being in a couple. “There’ll be battles with Schmidt a good part of the year,” says Meriwether. “He’s actively trying to break them up, so they have to contend with that.”

+ Prepare for the return of Coach!
Yes, Damon Wayans Jr. is currently set to return in the seventh episode of the new season as Coach, a character last seen in the pilot. (Back in the first season, Wayans’ Happy Endings was renewed, preventing him from continuing on New Girl.) And Meriwether couldn’t be more thrilled. Someone who won’t be so happy? Winston (Lamorne Morris). “What I think is fun is that he’s this Alpha male character. [Other than him there] are three weirdo guy characters, and he’s going to bring this very male, confident energy to the group. How that challenges all three of the guys will be fun to watch, especially when Winston is very insecure about him coming back,” teases Meriwether.

+ Speaking of Winston…
“I think we’re having fun with Winston and him trying to find love in all the wrong places,” says Meriwether. But the difference this season is “he’s trying to embrace his weirdness and not try to be anything for any girl. What I’m trying to say is that he’s letting his freak flag fly, I guess,” says Meriwether with a laugh. “He’s learning how to be a little true to himself with women and not get so nervous about being cool. He’s still on that journey.”

+Bonus scooplets…
- Relationship issues will come their way, but Jess will also have some work problems to deal with — namely her struggle trying to fit in with her co-workers, played by Angela Kinsey and Dreama Walker. ”Jess was a nerd in high school and Nick was kind of cool, so he’s offering his advice on how to be cool,” previews Deschanel.

- Jess is getting a sister! But just don’t look for Deschanel’s real-life sister Emily Deschanel to take the part. “That would be funny, but I don’t think we’re going to be able to,” says Meriwether. “I would love to have her on the show in another way at some point — just probably “

- The loft has a new furry friend! No, none of the guys are getting a goatee … we’re talking about a cat. “Winston steals his ex-girlfriend’s cat, and the loft has a cat now named Ferguson,” says animal lover Deschanel. “It’s a really, really cute cat.”

So is Winston really color blind? Because I find it hard to believe that you would just realize that when you're well into adulthood. Love the banter him and Schmidt (such a lovable jerkwad). Must avoid reading those spoilers.

ivysaur12

Banned
Uhhh. Ehh. Uhh. Hmmm.

Hmm. Hmm. Ehh.

That really wasn't their best foot forward for a new season and probably one of the worst episodes in a long time. Some funny moments like "Nick is my bitch" but a lot of yelling and not a lot of the one-liners and romcom-esque humor I expect from the show. I have huge issues with Mindy, but I probably preferred that tonight, along with Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Hopefully its just start of the season gitters, because I really loved this show last season.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
good episode. wasn't super strong, but the scenes that stood out really stood out. Nick in the Ocean killed me.

Uhhh. Ehh. Uhh. Hmmm.

Hmm. Hmm. Ehh.

That really wasn't their best foot forward for a new season and probably one of the worst episodes in a long time. Some funny moments like "Nick is my bitch" but a lot of yelling and not a lot of the one-liners and romcom-esque humor I expect from the show. I have huge issues with Mindy, but I probably preferred that tonight, along with Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Hopefully its just start of the season gitters, because I really loved this show last season.
Season 2 premiere wasn't too solid either. But they had a lot of groundwork to lay here.

rakhir

I'm shocked to read your guys' comments. I thought this was a really good episode. There were so many jokes that landed just perfectly: the whole puzzle stuff, the look on Winstons' face when Schmidt asked him what color he think he is, and especially the whole Cece panties thing, when i nearly died of laughter.
Yeah, the Nick and Jess part wasn't as good, but it still had funparts (monkey pinata).

Mononoke

Banned
I thought it was a weaker tier episode for New Girl. That's not to say it was bad, it was fine. Wasn't great, but it was serviceable.

Safe to say that this show is the Schmidt Show once again. Didn't really find much that was funny in the Jess/Nick storyline at all. The scene with Winston, Schmidt and Cece, though... Max Greenfield is a king among sitcom casts.

Bladenic

Great opener, so happy to have it back. One of my favorite shows on TV.

On another note I tried watching Mindy but I still can't stand that show. Just ugh. At least Fox has one good returning sitcom (for me).

LordCanti

Schmidt having trouble deciding between Cece and not Cece was kind of hard to swallow. Everything else about the episode worked for me though. I'm glad that shows are finally back.

inm8num2

I think the quirkiness of the show is slowly losing its charm on me.

I used to think it was cute. Now I'm starting to find Jess and Nick to be a little annoying.

oatmeal

Banned
Jess and Nick are wildly annoying. But my God, the "If you think your shoes are brown, what color do you think you are?"

Basically, everything not Jess related is awesome. Unfortunately we lost Nick :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom