• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season 3 |OT| You gave me an OT, I gave you an OT... Gave me OT got you OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevoDS

I don't get people complaining about romantic pairings in this show. Guys, sorry to disappoint but New Girl is basically a romcom. It was always about the relationships, perhaps not these specific relationships but you get the point.

In any other show where couples are there just for the sake of having them, it'd be normal for some to complain, but New Girl?

Hell, the pilot even starts with a breakup, didn't you get the hint way back then?

ivysaur12

Banned
I don't get people complaining about romantic pairings in this show. Guys, sorry to disappoint but New Girl is basically a romcom. It was always about the relationships, perhaps not these specific relationships but you get the point.

In any other show where couples are there just for the sake of having them, it'd be normal for some to complain, but New Girl?

Hell, the pilot even starts with a breakup, didn't you get the hint way back then?

Most of the issues that I have the romantic pairings on the show that is the conflict between Cece or Elizabeth doesn't feel genuine. Regardless of who is "more attractive", Elizabeth is a pretty bland character (and a waste of Merritt) and she really doesn't have any chemistry with Schmidt. For a show that often exists on people with strange, loud personalities, she's very nondescript. I don't buy it, even though in theory it's funny (like Schmidt at the end with his bed).

Linius

Well I liked this episode. Not one of the better ones, but enjoyable. Let's go up hill from here.

Do we need any gifs?

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Romcoms are my secret shame. I think stretching it out over the course of multiple seasons is grinding my gears a bit though.

Bladenic

Ratings were up a tenth compared to last year's premiere. Came in at 2.9/8. Good.

Nice!

Anyway agreed on Elizabeth/Cece thing. I mean Schmidt was obsessed with Cece and getting her back and now he suddenly loves Elizabeth so much (again I guess) to have trouble deciding? It might be more he doesn't want to hurt either.

Eh I don't really care that much about the relationships as long as the show stays funny though.

Linius

They couldn't hurt. :)

i44bMcyBmnuHs.gif

Here's one I could think of.

If anyone got something in mind just shout.

Nice!

Anyway agreed on Elizabeth/Cece thing. I mean Schmidt was obsessed with Cece and getting her back and now he suddenly loves Elizabeth so much (again I guess) to have trouble deciding? It might be more he doesn't want to hurt either.

Eh I don't really care that much about the relationships as long as the show stays funny though.

It's primarily about feeling like he owes it to Elizabeth after he was a dick to her and broke her heart previously and now worked to make her fall for him again. He really does love Cece and that's the more passionate love but he loves Elizabeth in a more heartland-she's-a-great-girl kind of way.

At least that's my interpretation of it.

Its obviously Cece that he wants, and Elizabeth seems like the kind of person who would deal pretty easily.

And if not I guess she can always go back to Winston.

There were some good parts to the premier. I liked how Nick and Jess just take off after Winston and Schmidt try to get them to help. Schmidt saying "after 25 text messages, I finally got an answer. A smiley face."

I actually thought they did a pretty good job with Winston in this episode. He's been a bit of a straggler except for his over the top practical jokes, but here they tied him to Schmidt with some success.

I'll echo Ivy a bit on the yelling, though. Lots of yelling back and forth, which wasn't funny.

Also, Schmidt, what. the. fuck. Cece>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Elizabeth. And that's not just a looks thing. Soooooo much better chemistry between Schmidt and Cece. Elizabeth is just sort of ... there. Not a good foil for Schmidt's humor.

ivysaur12

Banned
There were some good parts to the premier. I liked how Nick and Jess just take off after Winston and Schmidt try to get them to help. Schmidt saying "after 25 text messages, I finally got an answer. A smiley face."

I actually thought they did a pretty good job with Winston in this episode. He's been a bit of a straggler except for his over the top practical jokes, but here they tied him to Schmidt with some success.

I'll echo Ivy a bit on the yelling, though. Lots of yelling back and forth, which wasn't funny.

Also, Schmidt, what. the. fuck. Cece>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Elizabeth. And that's not just a looks thing. Soooooo much better chemistry between Schmidt and Cece. Elizabeth is just sort of ... there. Not a good foil for Schmidt's humor.

I just rewatched it, and yeah, the Schmidt and Winston scenes were good. Especially the sewing of the underpants. But I really didn't care for the Schmidt relationship stuff because Elizabeth is so bland. It just doesn't make any sense. And the yelling.

I love you, New Girl. Don't let me down. You have my heart.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Decent episode.

Best part is in the beginning where everyone is talking about "serious" stuff and suddenly Winston comes in and says he's going to start a puzzle. I burst out laughing.

Decent episode.

Best part is in the beginning where everyone is talking about "serious" stuff and suddenly Winston comes in and says he's going to start a puzzle. I burst out laughing.
Me too. I thought "Ok they are going to take Winston off into the weeds this season"

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Schmidt is one of my favourite characters on TV.

I hope they tone down the absurdity a bit. I really disliked what they did in the second half of the second season. The last episode was so extreme with Winston in the airvengs etc. This episode was not too extreme, but I'd still like it if they'd just had mire simple character interaction without all the yelling and extreme situations

Just started watching the show...

So...what happened to the black guy in the first episode? Did they...just replace him with another black guy?

Hindle

Banned
Winston is going from strength to strength as a character. Him and Scmidt are starting to make a great comedic team lol.

Jess however is getting worse.

Thin show is hilarious. The guys absolutely kill it. I loved when Schmidt and Winston were awkwardly circling one another, and the line, "you want him to be someone's bitch?" caught me totally off-guard. So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom