• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season 4 |OT| Tuesdays 9/8c on FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

I think the next episode (whenever they plan on airing that) should be the finale. My schedule on followmy.tv stops there at least.

Also going with Schmidt stopping her. And this was the obvious way to get Coach out. At least they did something with him leaving, but since we hardly know the girl it's all a bit weird. Still a solid episode though. The 'emotional' ones are usually quite great.

I had a very awkward experience with a customer at work tonight, and all I could think about was Winston. "Too much heat. Turn down the heat."

MC Safety

I'm sorry to see Coach go (again).

Is this the last season? If so, New Girl had a decent run. I'd like to see it continue, though.

big ander

Fantastic finale. Hysterical--winston's voicemail, jess's musical number, get hard and fix myself, paper thin pancakes--but also perfect in the choice to put Cece and Schmidt together permanently.

So this season has been on fucking fire throughout, IMO. I know a lot of people jumped ship during S3, and I don't necessarily blame them, but this has pretty much course-corrected in a ridiculous way.

S5 looks like it's going down the Jess/Nick hole again though, which, no. No. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

chris121580

Such a great finale and I totally agree about hoping they don't go down that road again with Jess and Nick. In fact, I'd love it if they just did a spin off show with Nick, Schmidt, and Winston. Jess is by far the worst part of New Girl

Such a great finale and I totally agree about hoping they don't go down that road again with Jess and Nick. In fact, I'd love it if they just did a spin off show with Nick, Schmidt, and Winston. Jess is by far the worst part of New Girl
Good news for you then. According to the interview I posted, there will be at least 4 episodes for season 5 without Zooey because of her pregnancy.

Linius

PositiveUnhealthyCricket.gif
gUub.gif

Coolluck

I'm a Nick/Jess fan. Except for when they're actually together as a couple. I really enjoyed the finale until the ending with Schmidt. It was a little too cheesy.

big ander

obviously they will eventually, and obviously after previous seasons it's more fun to watch them apart, slowly circling towards eachother, than it is to see them fully together. Maybe they'll get together and Merriwether will find a way to make it palatable to more people than it was last time. (I've never stopped enjoying the show, honestly.) It has to happen down the line though, that's just sitcom convention.

Good news for you then. According to the interview I posted, there will be at least 4 episodes for season 5 without Zooey because of her pregnancy.

:

Zooey Deschanel currently is expecting her first baby but her pregnancy is not being written into the show. To accommodate the star, New Girl extended production after the wrap of Season 4 to bank a few extra episodes.

So, it seems like she will be there. They just filmed before she was showing.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched the season finale. So happy with the way it turned out.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Holy shit, he made a ton of those

No fat Schmidt, no buy

the only one i've seen on tv was super random and there wasn't any humor it was just him talking bout a burger...unclear why they hired him in particular for these ad spots haha

watched a few more...i guess he's kind of playing schmidt?

I won't watch all of the ads, but the confirmation of it being Schmidt is if there is random mispronounced word in there. Were there any in some of the ads?

neoism

holy shit this show is amazing... i laugh every episode... some i rotfl.. funniest sitcoms ive watched in years... i blazed through the seasons on netflix...

Season 4 is on sale for $19.99 on iTunes, Amazon Instant, and Microsoft stores. And only $17.99 on Playstation store. Sorry, Google Play. You are still expensive right now.

Are blu-rays for comedies not a thing anymore or does it depend on the channel?

New Girl never got one. How I Met Your Mother and Modern Family got a few releases but then they stopped because of sales. HBO comedies get blu ray releases usually. That is all I can think of off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom