• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Godzilla Game Announced For PS3

Takao

Banned
Teaser site: http://godzilla.bngames.net/
Teaser: http://youtu.be/293_s53gLUo

bg_container.jpg

Famitsu article preview: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201406/26055956.html

l_53aaa58d7624f9xkkg.jpg

l_53aaa58e933174pj7d.jpg

l_53aaa58eedc411bjrf.jpg

l_53aaa58f28fcbzljfy.jpg

l_53aaa58ec28dejmk7m.jpg

Famitsu has gone up with its first online preview of Bandai Namco’s newly announced Godzilla game for PlayStation 3.

The mission-based action game will have players destroying various buildings and weapons as the 50 meter beast while resurrecting the soul of movie special effects.

From the film’s tint to its camera angles, and to the explosion of gunpowder and so on, the game promises to reproduce the special effects of years past.

When Godzilla first appeared in Tokyo in 1954, he was taken down by the “Oxygen Destroyer” secret weapon. But he’s since resurfaced. And using his overwhelming power, players will advance through stages and terrorize the city’s people.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/06/first-look-godzilla-playstation-3#dSlmfJB7WSSQoDGy.99

According to the latest Famitsu leaks, Bandai Namco is currently developing a new Godzilla title for the PlayStation 3. The game is due out this winter.

In the action title, you'll be able to take down buildings by using Godzilla's kicks and tail blows. Godzilla himself has been given a great deal of care, as Famitsu notes that the team were inspired by the S.H. Monster Arts figures.

Development of the Godzilla PS3 project is currently 40 percent complete.

GamingEverything

I don't even own a PS4, but I kind of wanted a new Godzilla game on that just for the scope of possible destruction.

TreIII

"SKREEEEEEEEEONK"

Hopefully, the fact that they're drawing inspiration from the Monster Arts series is a hint of what kind of roster we may get in the game.

I want to help SpaceGodzilla realize his dreams of a shiny, crystal paradise all over again!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Seems rather... limited from the description? Gimme dat King of the Monsters/Rampage action with co-op/vs. monster fightin'.

Ifs it a brawler like Destroy All Monsters and Save the Earth I'll dig out my PS3 and buy it day one. Any other style of game and I'll just buy it to encourage more Godzilla games.

Godzilla himself has been given a great deal of care, as Famitsu notes that the team were inspired by the S.H. Monster Arts figures.
I hope they used the heisei era monsterarts.

But frankly any new Godzilla game is a welcome surprise.

Koppai

Hence the "small chance". I not know anything about the Pacific Rim game but I see all the hate Yuke's gets on GAF. I liked The Dog Island lol.

I think a new Godzilla game would be great though as long as its not based off the movie. :)

Ifs it a brawler like Destroy All Monsters and Save the Earth I'll dig out my PS3 and buy it day one. Any other style of game and I'll just buy it to encourage more Godzilla games.
Gonna do the same. I downloaded the smash 3 game on android, surprisingly fun and difficult as shit. I think we all want another brawler title, but this rampage + Godzilla game could work well if done right. HHere's hoping it's good!

atr0cious

Would prefer to play the role of the military trying to take the big G down.

If this was a Defcon styled game, where you control the military of the world and just trying to keep up with Godzilla as he trashes the world, I would play this so much. Maybe you pick a world power and have to deal with the economic and social crisis that ensue when Godzilla makes landfall. Will you help the refugees or feed them to the beast? Build a wall or underground bunker?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The NES Godzilla game is the GOAT.

Takao

Banned
There's a photo of part of the article floating around. it looks like either Heisei or Millennium Godzilla firing off some atomic breath.

Top Bottom