• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gran Turismo 6 trailers [Complete blowout: All cars/tracks/features/etc]

GT6 has partnerships with some of the best car designers in the business. Adding the Top Gear morons to the game would just cheapen it. I prefer it to stay classy.

Cruel lol

I like Top Gear at least the Test Track. I'm curious why Top Gera content was taken out? Did MS buy exclusive rights for it?

What a mean thing to say. :(

Sorry, but I just can't stand that show. It's for middle-aged housewives. I know. I'm English and I don't like Top Gear. Shocking stuff :p

The old Top Gear (80's and 90's) was great. It was pure car passion. But after 2000 it turned into a heavily scripted show for people who think that blowing up caravans and pretending to have a race is fun entertainment.

It's a clown show. Do not want near the GT series.

EDIT: I'll miss the track though. It was a good testing track.

Cruel lol

I like Top Gear at least the Test Track. I'm curious why Top Gera content was taken out? Did MS buy exclusive rights for it?

Yes. Not really sure how the Track managed to survive for GT5, but any references to the Stig and Top Gear, including the TV Show episodes on GTTV disapeared shortly after T10 announced the parternship.

"The Stig" reference on the PR also changed to "A certain racing figure" or something like that. They got the suit but only because they licensed it to Alpinestars.

Yes. Not really sure how the Track managed to survive for GT5, but any references to the Stig and Top Gear, including the TV Show episodes on GTTV disapeared shortly after T10 announced the parternship.

"The Stig" reference on the PR also changed to "A certain racing figure" or something like that. They got the suit but only because they licensed it to Alpinestars.

Man fuck shit like this. Does MS think having Top Gear exclusive content will make Forza sell so much better. Why do pubs have to do this? Gamers are always screwed over.

Sorry, but I just can't stand that show. It's for middle-aged housewives. I know. I'm English and I don't like Top Gear. Shocking stuff :p

The old Top Gear (80's and 90's) was great. It was pure car passion. But after 2000 it turned into a heavily scripted show for morons who think that blowing up caravans and pretending to have a race is fun entertainment.

It's a clown show. Do not want near the GT series.

EDIT: I'll miss the track though. It was a good testing track.

Quite an interesting opinion on the show. Well, doesn't keep me from enjoying the show. The test track is great indeed. :)

It's a shame that the Deltawing has been removed because of licence issues (Nissan no longer own it)

I hope they can work something out because I was really looking forward to driving it.

ActionMan

This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game. Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. This GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.

If this works, the possibilites...
I'd log my local track that I do track days on and attempt to beat my own times in a Hachiroku! Then tweak the chassis until I can beat that time! And when I get bored with that, try and see what's the fastest car around that track, by comparing hot laps on a BAC Mono, Ariel Atom, KTM X-Bow, hell even Toyota 2000GT for the fun of it.

-Amon-

If this works, the possibilites...
I'd log my local track that I do track days on and attempt to beat my own times in a Hachiroku! Then tweak the chassis until I can beat that time! And when I get bored with that, try and see what's the fastest car around that track, by comparing hot laps on a BAC Mono, Ariel Atom, KTM X-Bow, hell even Toyota 2000GT for the fun of it.

Recreating a track you actually drive on is an interesting but rather niche implementation of this feature i guess.

Instead i would really like to be able to recreate some beatuful mountain roads near my location i used to time attack on in real life on motorbike back in the days :)

I realy hope that point to point roads are possible.

ActionMan

Recreating a track you actually drive on is an interesting but rather niche implementation of this feature i guess.

Instead i would really like to be able to recreate some beatuful mountain roads near my location i used to time attack on in real life on motorbike back in the days :)

I realy hope that point to point roads are possible.

Why wouldn't point-to-point tracks be possible. I don't have any mountain roads within 400 miles :) here's hoping You can share the logged tracks with other people and I can post a time on Your mountain road.

Spa at night. Awww yisssss.

i1dDrgYzpja60SB.jpg

Man fuck shit like this. Does MS think having Top Gear exclusive content will make Forza sell so much better. Why do pubs have to do this? Gamers are always screwed over.

They probably did. And to be fair Top Gear was HUGE in the late 00's. But unlucky for them that deal was signed just as Top Gear kind of stopped being good and they cut down making episodes.

And pubs love this kind of exclusive BS even when it makes no sense and the average gamer doesnt care. You think anyone actually buys Need 4 Speed games because they have the exclusive porsche licence? Fuck no but I bet people in suites at EA and Porsche think its important for some reason.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

So let me get this straight. Polyphony announce a Top Gear deal for GT5 at a time when the Forza series didn't. Then Microsoft went off and bought exclusivity to Top Gear to screw Polyphony over, forcing them to come out with a clearly gutted Top Gear experience for GT5. Am I getting this right? If so, Microsoft can go eat a bag of dicks. Polyphony's biggest mistake with Top Gear was not locking it down, and not assuming some copy cat dipshit was ever going to pull the rug from under them.

Mobius 1

So let me get this straight. Polyphony announce a Top Gear deal for GT5 at a time when the Forza series didn't. Then Microsoft went off and bought exclusivity to Top Gear to screw Polyphony over, forcing them to come out with a clearly gutted Top Gear experience for GT5. Am I getting this right? If so, Microsoft can go eat a bag of dicks. Polyphony's biggest mistake with Top Gear was not locking it down, and not assuming some copy cat dipshit was ever going to pull the rug from under them.

Nothing was ever confirmed but that's about the size of it.

It's been removed from the car list and GT website. They have lost the licence, since Deltawing has a new owner (This happened just 24hrs ago, before the trailer).

Maybe they will get it back. They do insist that the car list is not final.

Okay, saw the GTP post
(would help if Dibbz posted it instead)
. Pretty sure PD just have to reskin it for the new owners.

ruttyboy

Wow that Golf is ugly. Actually they pretty much all are chavved up monstrosities. The Pantera is leagues ahead of the rest in my book.

1390551_366646946805917_345563724_n.png

Solal

Wow that Golf is ugly. Actually they pretty much all are chavved up monstrosities. The Pantera is leagues ahead of the rest in my book.

1390551_366646946805917_345563724_n.png

Same for me. All the others a just plain ugly ! Seriously! Will there be other choices? Who made the preselection?

SykoTech

Man, these guys are really good at making hype-worthy trailers. Wasn't even on my radar previously, but one watch and I almost feel like buying it Day 1.

Why the hell are people voting for a car that's a variant of one that's already in the game? My god.

When we could have THIS instead:

13752973071751217869.jpg

Cptkrush

Apologies if this has been brought up a ton as I haven't been following this game too closely, but have they talked about damage and collision modelling at all? It's one of my biggest gripes with GT5 aside from the vacuum cleaner engine noises. I'm hoping they've improved it a bit.

p3tran

Banned
This is the first nominee that's caught my attention

1398647_3666460868060r0xf8.jpg

is that a 1.8 20v big turbo on that? :D on sema now? hehe this motor just wont disappear 8)

edit: although both the intercooler pipework and the intake there, they are definitely not 'sema show winner' quality

Top Bottom