• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gran Turismo 6 trailers [Complete blowout: All cars/tracks/features/etc]

ruttyboy

Oh God, that crappy baby blue Corvette is winning :( Everyone please vote for the Pantera, let's get some class in there for once.
Although it won't make any difference as Kaz will just pick yet another American muscle car from the other five categories as overall winner and this will never get modelled :(

Although it won't make any difference as Kaz will just pick yet another American muscle car from the other five categories as overall winner and this will never get modelled :(

I thought they were having two winners for game inclusion. Kaz's and the community choice.

(Also, Kaz isn't there this year. He stayed in Japan to finish GT6)

ruttyboy

From what I've read this people's choice thing is just an extra category and only the 'best in show' ultimate winner will be modeled.

Whichever car receives the most Facebook “Likes” will be crowned the winner of the People’s Choice Award. The crowd-sourced winner will compete along the five judged category winners for Best in Show honors as selected by the Gran Turismo staff. The Best in Show overall winner will be modeled for Gran Turismo and will appear as a playable vehicle in an upcoming game.

blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/22/help-crown-gran-turismo-awards-winner-during-sema-2013/

Ahh. I see now.

A shame. Although maybe PD staff will feel like they should respect the community choice and go for what they pick.

Business

This is the first nominee that's caught my attention

1398647_3666460868060r0xf8.jpg

I own a mark1 in mint condition, I sure hope they premium it.

paskowitz

There are are two top runners in the SEMA 2013 GT Awards People's Choice competition. The winner will be entered along other car's selected by Kazunori (GT's producer). The winner of the final competition will be immortalized in the game.

Guys, please do the world a service and vote for the Ringbrother's 1971 DeTomaso Pantera. Like this image and your vote will be cast.
Link

Right now this horrible, gaudy, absolutely tasteless Corvette is winning. Please for the love of God, do not let this car win.

Thank you GAF.

ShaneDude

Is there some kind of summary that details what new things have come to the GT franchise and how it's improved over gt5?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
There are are two top runners in the SEMA 2013 GT Awards People's Choice competition. The winner will be entered along other car's selected by Kazunori (GT's producer). The winner of the final competition will be immortalized in the game.[/URL]

Thank you GAF.

I'll be mad if the Corvette wins. That thing is hideous.

“For the Vision Gran Turismo cars we are actually planning to allow downloads for free”

i think he means the vision GT concept cars?

Id be surprised if it really was free DLC for all cars since GT5 had paid DLC models.

Before people blame Kaz for making broken promises, it seems the site misquoted him because obviously there will be paid DLC cars. Kaz only mentions that the VISION Gran Turismo Concept Cars designed by various manufacturers exclusively for the game will be available for free. He made no mention of production model cars DLC being free.

My bad. Edited my original post. Thanks for pointing it out

p3tran

Banned
They did a great feature on this over at Speedhunters a week back.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/10/forge-motorsport-golf/#chapter-how-hard-can-it-be
so it is indeed a 20vt. article says over bored, but with only gtx2860.
that would make its power high 300 - low 400hp's range. not a very powerful 20vt either.

also, as I noticed from the fist pic, engine bay not up to sema distinction standard, looks cheap. http://www.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Forge-Motorsport-Mk1-Golf-22-800x533.jpg
funny thing is that article says that company who prepared it specializes in alloy fabrication... I've seen much better, much powerful and much-much cleaner engine bays in less "prestige" shows, and prepared not from companies but from simple owners of the cars.

benzy

The ugly baby blue C7 won. Good thing Kaz gets to make the final decision on the winner.

Anyway, the 2000gt isn't mentioned as "new" to gt6 in the car list, but it seems to have been premium'd. Either that, or this is actually an upgraded standard. Really wish they had given us a list of which cars were premium.

2000gtjkjcn.png

7999743943_7c2c4bf4cf_h.jpg

The one in the new trailer is definitely premium. You can tell by the non-tinted glass and headlights (Either that or standards look much better now)

There are others that aren't listed as new too, but appear to now be premium. So it's anyones guess which ones have been upgraded at this point.

The one in the new trailer is definitely premium. You can tell by the non-tinted glass and headlights.

There are others that aren't listed as new too, but appear to now be premium. So it's anyones guess which ones have been upgraded at this point.

Another way to tell is that the door is clearly individually modeled for the car and isn't just a texture like in GT5.

Niks

Anyway, the 2000gt isn't mentioned as "new" to gt6 in the car list, but it seems to have been premium'd. Either that, or this is actually an upgraded standard. Really wish they had given us a list of which cars were premium.

Yeah it looks premium.

On another topic.. looking at the Forza 5 meltdowns going on. Maybe it was for the best that GT6 is for PS3.
SSX, have you heard anything about GT6 preorder numbers?

On another topic.. looking at the Forza 5 meltdowns going on. Maybe it was for the best that GT6 is for PS3.
Yep. But I'd imagine we're in for similar issues when it comes to GT7.

Luckily thats probably a long... long ways away...

*cries*

Mobius 1

The Forza situation is disappointing. I was getting ready to buy an Xbone and experience a next-generation racing title, but it doesn't look terribly attractive now.

Also, looking at all the information released and trying to come up with the OT already gave me a headache. But it will be worth the effort. :)

And finally, what do you think of condensing general discussion and the NRL into a single, long running Gran Turismo OT? Does that idea have any merit?

The one in the new trailer is definitely premium. You can tell by the non-tinted glass and headlights (Either that or standards look much better now)

I will be amazed if that's how the standards look now.

benzy

Strange they list some of the premiumized standards as "new" to GT6 while omitting other cars.

At least now there's a pretty good chance the Alfa Romeo 155 ti is premium'd even if it's not listed as new, considering we've seen them scan it. :Antonio

Alfa-Romeo-155-V6-TI-DTM_1.jpg

*cries*

Won't be a problem considering GT6 should already have around 400 future proof premium car models, and more to come. =P The track models on the other hand, no clue what they plan on doing.

*cries*

I really wouldn't expect there to be content/feature issues with GT7. They're building things for the future. That's why their current engine exists. It's there to help them transition to the PS4 smoothly since they'll be using the same engine. If anything drastic happens, and I kinda expect this to happen, it'll be that they'll drop standards entirely. But those will likely be replaced by a 100+ premiums, so it wouldn't be so bad. PD's being very forward thinking with the series in that aspect.

Niks

Also, looking at all the information released and trying to come up with the OT already gave me a headache. But it will be worth the effort. :)

And finally, what do you think of condensing general discussion and the NRL into a single, long running Gran Turismo OT? Does that idea have any merit?

Good luck with the OP!
The OT is more about discussion and info.. racing dates details would get lost in the chatter.. but then again it could also gain more exposure if its all condensed in one thread..

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| We Landed On The Moon

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| The kazmobile has landed

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon over the Castle

Damn, still no JZX chassis cars, not even the JZX100 Chaser. C'mon Polyphony, if you're going to keep the bigass Aristo you should put in the sportier turbo Toyota sedans as well. At least the Soarer is in there for a little 1JZ love. Oh well, I guess I have to stick with GT2.

I really wouldn't expect there to be content/feature issues with GT7. They're building things for the future. That's why their current engine exists. It's there to help them transition to the PS4 smoothly since they'll be using the same engine. If anything drastic happens, and I kinda expect this to happen, it'll be that they'll drop standards entirely. But those will likely be replaced by a 100+ premiums, so it wouldn't be so bad. PD's being very forward thinking with the series in that aspect.
I like the way you look at it and hope you're right on the money.

Won't be a problem considering GT6 should already have around 400 future proof premium car models, and more to come. =P The track models on the other hand, no clue what they plan on doing.
Yeah, its really the tracks and the standard cars I'm wondering about.

OmegaDL50

Voting has ended. The Vette won :(

And this is why you don't let Facebook people vote for anything.

Fuck man. There already is a 2014 Corvette C7 in GT5 that's being put into GT6 already because of carry over models.

Guess what this means? Another Clone, the original 2014 C7 will be in the game, and the Sema variant, will be listed under the "SEMA" dealer like the Sema cars were in GT5.

And to think we could have had something original that wasn't already in the game. What a waste.

paskowitz

The Forza situation is disappointing. I was getting ready to buy an Xbone and experience a next-generation racing title, but it doesn't look terribly attractive now.

Yes! Please do this!

Has anyone compiled a comparison of the number of actually different models in Forza vs. Gran Turismo? It would be interesting to see, although I'm sure there would be a lot of angry back and forth about whether Car X and Car X1 should be counted as one model or two.

OmegaDL50

Has anyone compiled a comparison of the number of actually different models in Forza vs. Gran Turismo? It would be interesting to see, although I'm sure there would be a lot of angry back and forth about whether Car X and Car X1 should be counted as one model or two.

Having played the hell out of both GT5 and Forza 3.

While Gran Turismo 5 has 1074 cars. A lot of them are different year and livery variants.

In regards to car models that have different appearance, as in the in-game car models that do not look the same as another car and is physically different and isn't just a performance change or livery change, Forza has far more unique looking models in this regard.

If I were to eliminate the clones and variants and kept the car list to just unique looks (For example Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R34) '99, Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R34) '00, Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II (R34) '00, Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II N1 (R34) '00, and the Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02 all look the same except for performance differences) Just keeping the R34 V-Spec II Nür and getting rid of the rest.

If one was to keep one unique model and remove the variants in GT5 the true car count would be closer to 600 cars and not 1074.

As for Forza 3. Removing it's variants it would lose about 20 to 30 cars. Ending up with 390 to 400, however it's an fairly even split between American, European, and Japanese models.

Even if we were to count GT5's 600 unique models. The list heavily favorites JDM. So the split looks like 55% Japanese, 30% European, 15% American.

So even with Forza having lesser overall cars, it still ends up with better car diversity. Even though Gran Turismo has more unique models overall.

Metfanant

Having played the hell out of both GT5 and Forza 3.

While Gran Turismo 5 has 1074 cars. A lot of them are different year and livery variants.

In regards to car models that have different appearance, as in the in-game car models that do not look the same as another car and is physically different and isn't just a performance change or livery change, Forza has far more unique looking models in this regard.

If I were to eliminate the clones and variants and kept the car list to just unique looks (For example Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R34) '99, Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R34) '00, Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II (R34) '00, Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II N1 (R34) '00, and the Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02 all look the same except for performance differences) Just keeping the R34 V-Spec II Nür and getting rid of the rest.

If one was to keep one unique model and remove the variants in GT5 the true car count would be closer to 600 cars and not 1074.

As for Forza 3. Removing it's variants it would lose about 20 to 30 cars. Ending up with 390 to 400, however it's an fairly even split between American, European, and Japanese models.

Even if we were to count GT5's 600 unique models. The list heavily favorites JDM. So the split looks like 55% Japanese, 30% European, 15% American.

So even with Forza having lesser overall cars, it still ends up with better car diversity. Even though Gran Turismo has more unique models overall.

Forza 5 only has 200 cars though :(

OmegaDL50

Forza 5 only has 200 cars though :(

Yes, however I was talking about Forza 3's car list in comparison to GT5.

I never played Forza 4 so I can't count it.

All things considered Forza 5 with it's 200 cars and the Zero Day DLC Car Season Pass nonsense, with only 14 tracks overall and no Nordschleife. I don't know what Turn10 is doing lately.

I enjoyed Forza 3 and I hear Forza 4 is even better, how they went from that to Forza 5 confirmed information is unsettling.

Well at least I have GT6 to hold me over until Turn10 possibly turns things around in Forza 6, or Gran Turismo 7 comes out and it doesn't matter.

Either way I still get a nice car game out of it.

Metfanant

Yes, however I was talking about Forza 3's car list in comparison to GT5.

I never played Forza 4 so I can't count it.

All things considered Forza 5 with it's 200 cars and the Zero Day DLC Car Season Pass nonsense, with only 14 tracks overall and no Nordschleife. I don't know what Turn10 is doing lately.

I enjoyed Forza 3 and I hear Forza 4 is even better, how they went from that to Forza 5 confirmed information is unsettling.

Well at least I have GT6 to hold me over until Turn10 possibly turns things around in Forza 6, or Gran Turismo 7 comes out and it doesn't matter.

Either way I still get a nice car game out of it.

Forza 4 is better...probably the best complete racer I've ever played...I'm also skipping Forza 5 because I won't have an Xbone at launch...but if I don't have an Xbone by the time Forza 6 is released I'll pick one up with that game...

Hoping GT6 is enough to hold me over...

GT5 was rough around the edges, but A LOT of groundwork was laid there for a great game...

Wait, Forza 5 doesn't even have the Nordschleife? The heck?

Pretty much sums up Forza 5.

Looks great, plays great, sounds great... Yet it seems like there's so many things about it that... feels unbaked, sometimes even soulless in how they're approaching the vision of the game.

Just feels weird, coming out of a premium sim racer franchise.

It's a very tricky track to remaster, it being removed at least means they're making it again, which is good news.

Do we even have enough people gettting GT6 to set up the Season 2 of NRL?

Top Bottom