• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gran Turismo 6 trailers [Complete blowout: All cars/tracks/features/etc]

Holy shit. Well done PD.

This list I posted a few pages back will give you the full run down:

MFBHuIK.png

Maybe I'm just viewing it wrong - but on the list of cars, the Dodge Challenger SRT that was in GT5 is not listed.

Why would they remove it?!?

bud

+ New Features (promised via future updates/DLCs)
New Engine Sounds

And here we go again.

i think kaz's wording was that they "may" or "could" update it via a patch; i don't think he ever confirmed it would definitely be happening for gt6.

for all we know, it could be for gt7.

i think kaz's wording was that they "may" or "could" update it via a patch; i don't think he ever confirmed it would definitely be happening for gt6.

for all we know, it could be for gt7.

That's what I meant. Lists like that are the reason people keep getting false hopes.

bud

"I think I mentioned this in the past, but we're really working to change the fundamental way that the engine sound works," Yamauchi said in a press event at Polyphony's offices in Tokyo. "Right now I have a feeling that it might not make it for day one for GT6."

There's still hope that improved audio will be patched in at a later date. "There's a good possibility that we might do this," Yamauchi said when pressed on whether it'll be part of the post-release support, and Gran Turismo at least has good form in this regard - Gran Turismo 5 benefited from a series of updates that resulted in a much improved version 2.0.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-17-gran-turismo-6s-audio-likely-to-be-patched-post-release

GTP: On the subject of things which may come after release, you recently mentioned that engine sounds will most likely be changed in an update after the release of GT6. As you know, that’s a big area of interest to many fans out there – can you explain how difficult it is to create satisfying engine sounds, and why it is such a big project?

“We’re still in the process of making the engine sounds, so I’d rather wait and comment on that after it is complete.”
http://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-tamir-moscovici-interview-jff-2013/

i want to believe.

Maybe I'm just viewing it wrong - but on the list of cars, the Dodge Challenger SRT that was in GT5 is not listed.

Why would they remove it?!?

It's under SRT now.

SRT Challenger SRT8 ’08
SRT Challenger SRT8 Touring Car
SRT SRT4 ’03
SRT Viper GTS ’02
SRT Viper GTS ’99
SRT Viper GTS R Concept ’00
SRT Viper GTS-R (Team Oreca) #51 ’00
SRT Viper GTS-R (Team Oreca) #91 ’00
SRT Viper SRT10 ’03
SRT Viper SRT10 ACR ’08
SRT Viper SRT10 Coupe ’06

The Dodge Ram is listed as "Ram RAM 1500 LARAMIE Hemi Quad Cab ’04" now too. I think they should have just kept them under Dodge since, apart from the 2013 SRT Viper, they were all released before Dodge made those changes.

It's under SRT now.

The Dodge Ram is listed as "Ram RAM 1500 LARAMIE Hemi Quad Cab ’04" now too. I think they should have just kept them under Dodge since, apart from the 2013 SRT Viper, they were all released before Dodge made those changes.

Thank you Gouda Jouji!

Thank you.

Something else - in the "New to GT6 section" they list the Bugatti Veyron 16:4 - wasn't that a standard car in GT5?

Mobius 1

The 2008 WRC cars are gone, that's a notable loss for me as I enjoy rallying immensely... and if the new course creator comes to support point to point stages, they'd be used even more.

VIPERGTSR01

Neo Member
The weird thing is that the 16.4 was actually discontinued in 2011. So either they've made a mistake or it's actually a Grand Sport or Super Sport.

I am really hoping it is a SS or GS and not a model year mistake, though seeing the trailer the Veyron clearly looks premium and it is the older 16.4, so I don't have a lot of faith it is a SS or GS.

benzy

The 2008 WRC cars are gone, that's a notable loss for me as I enjoy rallying immensely... and if the new course creator comes to support point to point stages, they'd be used even more.

It's a shame, but at least we got these bad boys. Hoping for a Pikes Peak DLC.

2009-Suzuki-Monster-Sport-SX4-Hill-Climb-Special-Front-Side-590x443.jpg

iJAWko7IFnctb.gif

Love this car.

i1kO4NE5gmVlpuH.jpg

I think this is a poster child pic to show us how much GT can benefit from going next gen, despite the great efforts by PD.

It just screams potential but also says "i need HD textures and lots of shaders".

If it's already awesome, i can't even imagine what it will be on PS4.

Exactly which licenses has Polyphony Digital lost between GT5 and GT6?

I notice WRC and NASCAR are absent - what else am I missing?

Yep. But I'd imagine we're in for similar issues when it comes to GT7.

Luckily thats probably a long... long ways away...

*cries*

why are people assuming that polyphony will release gt7 as if it were a vapourware? gt5 was the only game that pd had a major setback in terms of release dates. gt1, 2, 3, 4, and now 6, came out within a reasonable time frame. gt6 is coming 3 years after gt5.

suddenly, "ha, good luck gt7 in 2020." these people weren't still around during the ps1 and ps2?

ascii42

why are people assuming that polyphony will release gt7 as if it were a vapourware? gt5 was the only game that pd had a major setback in terms of release dates. gt1, 2, 3, 4, and now 6, came out within a reasonable time frame. gt6 is coming 3 years after gt5.

suddenly, "ha, good luck gt7 in 2020." these people weren't still around during the ps1 and ps2?
4 got delayed a couple times as well, and that was despite online play not making it in.

I was not. Was a PC gamer in those years and only jumped in with the PS3, shortly after launch, expecting GT5 to come out relatively soon.

Holy shit did it not come soon.

Forgive me for being traumatized.

saladine1

New Engine Sounds

It says that they are promised in a later update.

I don't remember any promises being made.
Are these the 'new' sounds or 'reworked' sounds they are talking about?

Anyway, I can't wait for the day when I see every 'oddball' car made into 'premium'.
This is especially so for the 60's and 70's cars.

OmegaDL50

Hey, I just checked the car list on the official Gran Turismo 6 website.

From what I understand a lot of the cars from GT5 were carried over to GT6.

Some of the lists were pruned and older year models were replaced with newer ones. It would seem some cars according to the list were outright removed.

One glaring omissions are the 92' Ferrari F40. This is kind of a big thing for me because the F40 is one of my favorite cars in the world.

I just hope they intentionally left cars off the official list as a form of surprise because it would be a shame if they removed it.

EDIT: Nevermind guys. I just took a look and I thought the list was totally in alphabetical order, but I looked further down and saw the 92' F40 is still there. YES! I cannot wait for December 6th.

I think this will be my first Racing Game that I invest in a wheel. Does anyone have a recommended wheel for purchase. I can't exactly get something super expensive like a $100 wheel for example, but a cheap beginner wheel in the $50 range would suffice.

I've been look at this Hori Wheel for the PS3, and most of the reviews are positive, but I figure maybe ExpertGAF can offer their sagely advice.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004G5TUJM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

prarts

One glaring omissions are the 92' Ferrari F40.
What? One of my favorite cars missing? Da fuk?
I looked further down and saw the 92' F40 is still there.
t9j5.jpg

As for the wheel purchase, go for Logitech Driving Force GT - great gear for its price. This is the best entry level beginner wheel to buy: good FFB, full PS3 and GT series compatibility, comfort and quality. Only pedals are somehow weaker, but they will do. Anything lower (cheaper) can, and probably will be, a disappointment for you.

Neo 007

Also don't forget PD/Sony will be updating the game with extra content (hopefully) on a regular basis.
The "Modular" build this time apparently makes that easier to do than previous GTs.

Am I the only one who is happy to see this track gone?

What? TTGT was an awesome place to go just hang out and fun with the people in the lobby. Great place to test cars as well.

I think GT arena is going to be the new place for that. I'm so glad they added a track like that in the game because Kart space and Goodwood are too narrow.

Hey, I just checked the car list on the official Gran Turismo 6 website.

From what I understand a lot of the cars from GT5 were carried over to GT6.

Some of the lists were pruned and older year models were replaced with newer ones. It would seem some cars according to the list were outright removed.

One glaring omissions are the 92' Ferrari F40. This is kind of a big thing for me because the F40 is one of my favorite cars in the world.

I just hope they intentionally left cars off the official list as a form of surprise because it would be a shame if they removed it.

EDIT: Nevermind guys. I just took a look and I thought the list was totally in alphabetical order, but I looked further down and saw the 92' F40 is still there. YES! I cannot wait for December 6th.

I think this will be my first Racing Game that I invest in a wheel. Does anyone have a recommended wheel for purchase. I can't exactly get something super expensive like a $100 wheel for example, but a cheap beginner wheel in the $50 range would suffice.

I've been look at this Hori Wheel for the PS3, and most of the reviews are positive, but I figure maybe ExpertGAF can offer their sagely advice.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004G5TUJM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Get a used Driving Force GT. It's the only thing that makes sense, imo.

Am I the only one who is happy to see this track gone?

No, you're not. I'm still traumatized from the shitty TGTT events in GT5.

ruttyboy

Does anyone (Norante?) know when the OT will be going live? I don't really want to be browsing on GAF during the agonising two weeks we're waiting in the EU for PS4 but I don't want to miss out on GT6 news, so need a thread I live in.

Does anyone (Norante?) know when the OT will be going live? I don't really want to be browsing on GAF during the agonising two weeks we're waiting in the EU for PS4 but I don't want to miss out on GT6 news, so need a thread I live in.

OT's can only go up a week before release.

Do we know if headtracking with the PS Eye is still in?

They haven't said anything so i'd imagine not. Headtracking was very limited and Youtube support was dropped entirely due to the PS3's limited RAM.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I'm so glad this was upgraded to a premium.

i1NzIX5AWVSp.jpg

I can't wait to drive it, if only I could be confident that it sounds good in the game....

In order for me to get over the shitty sound, the first thing I do with a car is swap out its exhaust. Works like a charm in satisfying my ears.

Does anyone know why the sound in GT has continued to be just awful? I love the games (have since the first one) but the difference in sound between these games and any other racing games is huge.

Do we have any information or indications on why this has been such a problem? I just find it odd that the sound still seems to be the one thing they refuse to update.

Top Bottom