• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Grand Theft Auto V screens and interview

Trevor lives in a stinking shack out in Blaine County, a deserted coastal region

Awesome.

I hope the next trailer's focused on Franklin, even with the previews starting to come out he's been pretty ignored. Right now Michael and Trevor seem way more interesting.

3youfn.jpg

I really hope we can de-rail that train like in GTA:SA

Dabanton

Awesome.

I hope the next trailer's focused on Franklin, even with the previews starting to come out he's been pretty ignored. Right now Michael and Trevor seem way more interesting.

Yeah the trailer this week looks Franklin focused.

Oh my didn't see the train picture. Can't wait to sit on a train and travel all the way round the map.

Wow look how far the other bridge is in the background.

Tr4nce

That Guardian preview states that it is now possible to rob Gruppe Sechs money trucks. Great! It states that the Gruppe Sechs truck pulled into a petrol station. Petrol stations, hmmm. Would they be useable?

And I think it's great that the map is 100% accessible right away. How can you not like this? Gonna explore everything by bike right away when I pop the disc in, and see how much time it takes to travel around the whole map. :p

Ooccoo

I hope they spoil police tactics soon. I'm always a bit disappointed by the police in GTA games. Hopefully they are better now with more advanced tactics like using dogs, flashbangs and whatnot. I also can't wait to see what you'll be able to buy with your money. I think it sucks that you won't be able to buy property, but if you can buy say an amusement park or a submarine that would be ok in my book!

In case anyone missed it on the last page, the Guardian article confirms the countryside will be teeming with wildlife. A lot of people were wondering if there would be wildlife like in RDR.

Dabanton

I hope they spoil police tactics soon. I'm always a bit disappointed by the police in GTA games. Hopefully they are better now with more advanced tactics like using dogs, flashbangs and whatnot. I also can't wait to see what you'll be able to buy with your money. I think it sucks that you won't be able to buy property, but if you can buy say an amusement park or a submarine that would be ok in my book!

I think they were great in GTA:IV what I do hope is they've taken the AI they used on enemies in Max Payne 3 and brought those over. You want to fight frighteningly tough enemies especially the paramilitary guys they'll do nicely.

Raiden

Banned
Oh man i am really glad they went the San Andreas route on this, all vehicles, massive worlds. Nothing beats cruising through the desert with K-Dust on the radio.

Brera

Banned
The game looks amazing!

I love the GTA art style..."art style" guys. GTA knows it's a game, it's not trying to be real life.

The character models look great!

Ooccoo

There better be sharks and other species. Maybe you can take photographs underwater as a side activity? I could see an awesome way to make money in-game using this.

UrbanRats

le you can hang out with, but the main people you choose are the other protagonists," he says, stressing that the intricacies are still being worked on. "If you're playing as Michael and you want to play a game of tennis, you can call up Franklin and ask him. You are actually getting to see the main bulk of the story and also spend time with these people off-mission – that side of it gives it a vibrancy that's a lot stronger than with Roman or anyone else.

"On the emotional narrative side, it's stronger just because of the nature of the rest of the game, and on the mechanics side, hopefully we've just designed it better, we've smoothed off the rough edges of it and made it a stronger part of the game".

Nice.

BTW the multiplayer.it article says the map is 3 times RDR of walkable space and 5 times RDR if we include the sea bottoms.

lefantome

From www.multiplayer.it

- Alamo Sea is the name of the Salt sea in california, in the background of the desert around the lake you can see Mount Chiliad
- You can select the characters through a radial menu
- In the demo they took control of Franklin while he was in the toiletn.In free roaming when you switch character you don't know what he is doing at the moment.
- During missions switching characters is partially scripted.
- There are 6 turning point in the plot, they will be deep and long missions. There will be multiple endings based on player choices
- The main quest is as long as RDR's one.
- The map is 3 times larger than RDR, if you count the sea(explorable) it's 5 times.
- The map is fully explorable since the beginning.
- Wild dogs confirmed, there will be animals.
- The game has some problems with framerate and there is a lot of aliasing but the complexity and the widht of the scenes rendered are amazing
- The physics engine has been "rewritten"

Tankshell

Do you think we'll be able to climb the mountains? I mean, on a non pre-determined path.

Nothing to stop you from parachuting down on top of one of them like in SA... then working your way down... so I don't see why you couldn't try it from the base up as well =0)

Tankshell

I doubt that

Didn't one of the articles mention rock climbing as one of the character specific activities? I kid you not. Perhaps one of the characters (the ex army/pilot guy?) has access to climbing equipment? Just a thought.

EDIT - quote:

You can play basketball, weight train, arm wrestle, gamble and cage fight, enter triatholons, water races, cannoing, ab-saling, rock climbing, base jumping, ski diving. More to be confirmed.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ests-its-four-times-bigger-than-liberty-city/

Fjordson

All this new info...damn man, I almost mss the total blackout. This much hype isn't healthy this early :lol

Do you think we'll be able to climb the mountains? I mean, on a non pre-determined path.
Some of them, sure. They've already said the major one from the PS2 game is back (Mt. Chiliad) and is fully explorable.

UrbanRats

But the game world extends out into the fictitious state of San Andreas, Rockstar's interpretation of southern California. There are farmlands, deserts, villages, mountains; there is even a functioning ecosystem teeming with wildlife.
Thank you based Rockstar!

UrbanRats

We don't know much else about the missions yet; but Houser is keen to stress one key aspect. "We've focused on variety," he explains, "I don't think players will say, 'I'm constantly being told what to do, and I go there, I do it, I leave and I do everything in exactly the same way!' I definitely don't think that will be a problem".
Lol, glad he noticed.

One of the previews said the screens are legit in comparisons to the gameplay they saw (demoed on ps3).

Another one said the game was aliased as hell and with a sketchy framerate (though there are several months to release) so i'll keep my graphical expectations in check.

meta4

Good lord. All this information is soo good. Could this be the most expensive game to ever be made this gen?

Alright, now they got the world down it seems, great!

If only it controls more like the Pre GTA IV games i will be all over this, but i am kinda scared since the world and graphics seem to look so "realistic" and true to life, they might want to stick to the GTA IV model :(

I really don't wanna start that age old debate again but let's just say, that i personally think the control in Vice City/San Andreas felt "tighter", quicker and more to the point=more fun than the ones in GTA IV which somehow felt slow as molasses to me(cars and on foot).

Looking forward to roaming the countryside again...

SparkTR

Some of those screen look pretty awful, but if it means they can get back to the crazy stuff from the PS2 days then I'm for it. Though I would've preferred Vice City as a setting.

UrbanRats

Alright, now they got the world down it seems, great!

If only it controls more like the Pre GTA IV games i will be all over this!

I really don't wanna start that age old debate again but let's just say, that i personally think the control in Vice City/San Andreas felt "tighter", quicker and more to the point=more fun than the ones in GTA IV which somehow felt slow as molasses to me(cars and on foot).

Looking forward to roaming the countryside again...

It still uses Euphoria for the characters, so it'll never be as quick as the old games, though RDR and Max Payne 3 were huge step forward, so i'm sure it'll be fine.
They completely rewritten the vehicle physics, too (from the Multiplayer.it preview) and on Game Informer said they (the vehicles) held the road better.

dreamfall

So much wonderful new info! I'm going crazy over here! Wild life! Underwater caves to explore! Keep it coming Rockstar!

HYPE. San Andreas this past week is trying to tide me over- this week of info sounds so rad!

It still uses Euphoria for the characters, so it'll never be as quick as the old games, though RDR and Max Payne 3 were huge step forward, so i'm sure it'll be fine.
They completely rewritten the vehicle physics, too (from the Multiplayer.it preview) and on Game Informer said they (the vehicles) held the road better.

Thanks! That alleviates my fears somewhat at least. I loved RDR, so while that still wasn't as quick as the older games, it felt adequate enough, step in the right direction indeed then! :)

Top Bottom