• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

KBMYAC

Neo Member
Scuba Diving --- Check
Working Sharks -- Check.
populated underwater landscape -- Check

I'm sold Rockstar. can't wait for sept. to play this

RoKKeR

The fact that this comes out during my first month in college is depressing. Won't be able to play until at least Thanksgiving.

:(

Combat is my biggest concern even though I never had the trouble with GTA4/RDR/LA Noire that some folks did. Still never played Max Payne 3, so I dunno how the comparison holds up.

"Sharks will attack you."

The wildlife, my goodness! The underwater depths!
supersmashbrosbrawl-iceclimbers-damnnature.jpg

the max payne 3 gunplay thing makes sense given that the crews you made in mp3 were designed to be transferrable to gtav

i just hope the framerate is up to snuff and not the 20 fps slushfest i'm anticipating

Foffy

Banned
I think this is the only AAA game I'm caring about this year. A GTA release is often a big event in the world of video games, so I hope V delivers. I think IV had some nice improvement to the basic mechanics of the series, but it lacked a lot of the quirky immersive elements of the PS2 generation titles.

Mr Swine

Banned
This sounds fantastic but I hope t god that th change the wanted level. I hope it's more asking to Mafia/Mafia 2 that you can hde from the cops and not trying to out drive the area the cops are in :/

Citizens on patrol is probably fine but I don't want a hyper annoying easy police presence like 4. If you shoot a gun anywhere in 4 the cops show

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
PETA aren't gonna like this lol

We hunt in DayZ and kills wild life in RDR. I guess if you want to take that view then it's alright.

I mean, there's so many games that have you kill animals for the sake of living or something.

This game is going to cost another 100m gauging from the amount of things present.

Marleyman

Banned
Citizens on patrol is probably fine but I don't want a hyper annoying easy police presence like 4. If you shoot a gun anywhere in 4 the cops show

That makes sense in Liberty City but they shouldn't show up that quick if you are in Trevor's backyard, for instance.

They almost have to be doing a next gen version right? How can they create what this is sounding like and not take advantage of the then available hardware to do it full justice?

"Each characters' Special will be different, and unique to them. Franklin, an adrenalin junkie, has the ability to slow down time while driving. (Rockstar didn't expand on this, but it's a fair bet it'll come in handy when you're being pursued by cops and, say, need to take a last-minute, super-sharp corner to lose them.) Trevor, the game's crazy-eyed nutjob, has a frenzy mode, where he's able to do double damage, while taking only half in return. As a bonus, he also has a unique melee attack, yet to be revealed. And, finally, Michael - the career criminal - turns all Max Payne with his own version of bullet time. Special meters drain after use, and recharge slowly in the aftermath - but while activated, they're often the difference between success and failure."

Holy hell....

Citizens already call the cops on you in 4, I had to be around one during free roam to find out. Nice that they have said it outright this time, can't wait for this game:D

dreamfall

Special Skills? So awesome!

Dynamic heists, planning, buying masks, hiring crew?! Goodness.

Customization- outfits , hair, who knows what else!

Everything sounds so utterly incredible!

I was going to sell my PS3 to help buy a PS4, but man this looks soooooo good and right up my alley. I'm not sure I can sell it now.. What are the chances of a PS4 port?

Did they complain about the skinning in RDR?

If not I don't see why they'd have a problem with anything in GTAV

True. They seem pretty selective on what's ok and what's not. They complained about stabbing a rat in BF3s campaign and the supposed Whale hunting in AC IV but nothing in the R* games

Neo Child

Banned
Was thinking with the amount of time on this spent and, I know people would HATE this, but wouldn't it be better to delay it to launch with PS4/NextBox?

Marleyman

Banned
They almost have to be doing a next gen version right? How can they create what this is sounding like and not take advantage of the then available hardware to do it full justice?

Because it is built on this gen's hardware? They will make a GTA for the next gen; this is this gen's swan song Rockstar title IMO.

coldfoot

Banned
Sounds good but I am not paying full launch price for a current-game ever again. It's PS4 or bust. (And no I can't be bothered with a PC)

Top Bottom