• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

Fjordson

I'm so hyped for this game. I really hope they Dont tweak the driving too much, I loved the handling in IV.
My new favourite junior.

I don't think they'll totally abandon the realistic handling. Or simulation handling? I don't know what to call it. Whatever it is, I don't think they're going to go totally away from that. They'll just make it slightly more forgiving.

(sidenote: seems like there is a ton of juniors runnin' wild lately. new batch must have been approved)

My new favourite junior.

I don't think they'll totally abandon the realistic handling. Or simulation handling? I don't know what to call it. Whatever it is, I don't think they're going to go totally away from that. They'll just make it slightly more forgiving.

(sidenote: seems like there is a ton of juniors runnin' wild lately. new batch must have been approved)
Yeah, I could see them tightening up the controls while still keeping the realistic angle. That would be the best of both worlds at least for me anyways.

UrbanRats

Wait what's the source on these again? They link a Netherlands (why did i write Russian? I don't know, lol) forum post.
And the original source in an unspecified post on the Gamespot Forums?

Anyhow:
A HEALTH remix of a The xx song was played in said station.
*dies*

Hopefully it's an HEALTH cover of the XX cover of Florence & the machine's "You've got the love".
http://youtu.be/h1l4pDXbkic

2013-06-0714_52_00-rnukbht.png

2013-06-0714_52_09-al31zc4.png

GTA IV.V

yesrushdt

It's impossible to shoot friends.

Bummer. I enjoyed being able to shoot anyone in GTAIV. They'll probably be able to magically jump out of the way every time you try to run them over as well. :)

huh? they reused a texture.. so?

why should they re-create every single texture? would be a terrible waste of time in a massive game like this. they should recycle what they can and what makes sense to recycle, to save time and effort for other more important things.

Bummer. I enjoyed being able to shoot anyone in GTAIV. They'll probably be able to magically jump out of the way every time you try to run them over as well. :)

it will probably be like GTAIV. you can shoot and drive over your friends, but they'll get up :p or end up in a hospital.

Fjordson

Not being able to injure friends is a good thing I think (I'm assuming that means the three different protagonists).

I can imagine a situation where you get near the end of a mission and are in a shootout, but then all of a sudden Trevor waltzes into your line of sight and you accidentally cap his ass. Mission failed, reload checkpoint. Too much unpredictable shit in a game like this for friendly fire I think.

Hyped for this. Though I didn't like it at launch, the vehicle handling in IV grew on me to point of enjoying it.
The Johnny Jewel rumors would be awesome if true.

They say that the driving hasn't changed but don't say from what.

IV? The DLC?

Is guess it's more like the DLCs both in the sense the cars handle a little better and also in the sense that each character will have their respective strengths.

KillerAJD

I posted this on Reddit just a bit ago, but anybody else want to look into this more?
You guys remember this?It was supposedly a commercial being shot for GTA V, right? Well check out the new PS4 ad that Sony just posted...Link Is it just me, or do we have a conspiracy here cookin'?

Fjordson

So that GTA V bundle for PS3 looked pretty sweet.

Would be cool if they sold the headphones separately. I don't have any need for a new PS3, but I might actually buy a pair of the headphones. Not sure if they're exclusive to the bundle, though.

So that GTA V bundle for PS3 looked pretty sweet.

Would be cool if they sold the headphones separately. I don't have any need for a new PS3, but I might actually buy a pair of the headphones. Not sure if they're exclusive to the bundle, though.

Sony sells those Pulse headsets for $150 separately. I doubt they will be included in the $299 system bundle.

Ah, okay. Do you know if they're any good? $150 can usually get you some pretty decent headphones these days.

There's a thread on them that's fairly big. Impressions are not so good. There seems to be issues with the build quality as the ends seem to develop cracks. I would stay away. Personally I have the $99 Sony brand wireless headset and have no complaints if you are in the market.

Dries

So will the graphical analyses (like Digital Foundry) hit the net before launch? I'm wondering which version to pre-order. So far the PS3 version seems the way to go, but I'll be hating myself if the 360 version turns out to be the better version graphically. Which version are you guys pre-ordering?

Fjordson

I doubt much of anything will get out before release. I've got the 360 special edition preordered right now, but I dunno. With them demoing it on the PS3 hopefully that doesn't mean the 360 version is shite.

nashb81

Neo Member
There's a thread on them that's fairly big. Impressions are not so good. There seems to be issues with the build quality as the ends seem to develop cracks. I would stay away. Personally I have the $99 Sony brand wireless headset and have no complaints if you are in the market.

Which ones do you use? Could you share a link?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
almost looks like they included the Painted Rock (Salvation Mountain) on that screenshot. In the middle, at the bottom of the picture.

Salvation_Mountain_-_Slab_City,_CA_005a.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
had just recently watched that Anthony Bourdain show with Josh Homme. They brought it up.

So, if that's a representative of it, wonder if that lake is a representative of the Salton Sea. Perhaps an abandoned town ruin is nearby.

had just recently watched that Anthony Bourdain show with Josh Homme. They brought it up.

So, if that's a representative of it, wonder if that lake is a representative of the Salton Sea. Perhaps an abandoned town ruin is nearby.

I think you're spot on with that:

om6X3aN.png

The highway running up beside it looks right. Of course, there is no vast ocean to the East of the Salton sea like in the pic, but... still.

Top Bottom