• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

Dennis

Banned
DYdtWrF.jpg

2IyKfbe.jpg

Best one of the bunch.

Shows that there will in fact be smaller "villages" in the game. Can´t wait.

They nailed the feel of driving on I-10 outside of LA. I was just out there a little while back and that is very reminiscent. Small towns like Quartzsite come to mind

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
I know that feel.
I'm just trying to get to August. SR4 should hopefully keep me satiated until September. That and school.

I'm going to wait on SR4 so I'm not burned out on open-world for GTAV, and so I have something good to play if V turns out to be GTA IV pt. 2.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Based on what? Sorry but I have great doubt ps3 will be better knowing Rage engine...

They've been showing it off on the PS3 when gameinformer saw it. Doesn't mean anything, but it is what it is. I doubt Sony paid them to use their system in a closed off demo.

MercuryLS

Banned
So that GTA V bundle for PS3 looked pretty sweet.

Would be cool if they sold the headphones separately. I don't have any need for a new PS3, but I might actually buy a pair of the headphones. Not sure if they're exclusive to the bundle, though.

The headset isn't bundled with the system, it's sold separately.

Based on what? Sorry but I have great doubt ps3 will be better knowing Rage engine...

I do know the preview build that all the journalist played was on the PS3. If it means anything, it means that Rockstar has has confidence that the PS3 version is competent, and may be end up being the "better" version (read: no disc swapping).

omonimo

Banned
They've been showing it off on the PS3 when gameinformer saw it. Doesn't mean anything, but it is what it is. I doubt Sony paid them to use their system in a closed off demo.

Probably they have showed ps3 version just to confirm that they have dedicated tons of attentions to the ps3 version, no more. But I totally exclude 360 version will be worse, it will be slightly better at the worst. Not exist a single game with Rage engine which run better on ps3, like UE3.

kurbaan

Banned
Haven't really been following this game but has anyone said if they are going back to the fun gsmeplay and open world of the PS2 games instead of the chore that was GTA4?

I want cheat codes, tanks falling out of the sky etc.

XeNoN89

Banned
GTA IV on ps3 is not that terrible, AF it's infinitely better of 360 version, but I concur about RDR thatis not a great porting.
GTAIV on PS3 is an awful blurry mess. I tried to play it again recently and ended up just trading it in because it looks so bad now. For this reason i haven't ordered GTAV yet because i want to wait and make sure it actually looks and runs ok this time

ThisOne

GTAIV on PS3 is an awful blurry mess. I tried to play it again recently and ended up just trading it in because it looks so bad now. For this reason i haven't ordered GTAV yet because i want to wait and make sure it actually looks and runs ok this time

Haven't all the videos and stuff they've shown been running on a PS3? I hope it runs better than GTA IV

SJRB

Gold Member
I wonder what the marketing blitz will look like, and when it will begin.

Introduction videos like RDR and Max Payne 3? Trailers for pretty much every character like GTAIV?

These last 3 months are going to take forever.

Are these PC shots?

No, the game is not announced for PC. Console development shots. R* usually doesn't do bullshots either, but there could be some optimizations going on.

I wonder what the marketing blitz will look like, and when it will begin.

Introduction videos like RDR and Max Payne 3? Trailers for pretty much every character like GTAIV?

These last 3 months are going to take forever.

I wouldn't bet on the introduction videos like RDR, which were awesome. While those series have a following, the following is not as strong as GTA. There was some apprehension about what kind of game RDR would be and if it were just "GTAIV with Horses," so Rockstar wanted to get the message out there about the game. GTAV... Everybody knows what to expect. There have been trailers for the three major playable characters so far... Although I'm not sure if we'll see trailers for other non-protagonists. I feel like Rockstar had to set the stage for GTAIV so that people knew what to expect in some ways, after detatching the story from the GTAIII/VC/SA games. Hopefully we'll get at least one new trailer before September, but I'm not holding my breath.

Rashid

Banned
The fact this is a current gen game is incredible. How many DVDs will it be on on 360? And the budget must be insane too. It's massive. And I'm wet just at the thought of it.

Having watched Mark Cerny's "Road to PS4" presentation yesterday, it wouldn't surprise me if Sony's ICE Team got together with the Rockstar developers and try to get the most out of the PS3 hardware for GTAV. Since they're now embracing all 3rd parties with full support for the PS4 it could also mean they've already been helping out Rockstar over a few years now with this game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Worldwide_Studios#ICE_Team

Tankshell

I couldn't give a shit about multiplayer. Too many good games these days are spoiled by having to force multiplayer down our throats.

Top Bottom