• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 3 Mp screenz - new maps: Epitah, Shrine and Last Resort - Brute Chopper

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
urk said:
Yup. Look for a thread here about two weeks in advance. GhaleonEB will be collecting gamertags. Post yours and get some GAF games going. Your pants will assplode. I guarantee it.

Since I won't get one till mid August, I won't be able to join in on those just yet, but it's nice to know that there will be full gaf support :p

AltogetherAndrews said:
It's pretty user-friendly. There's a "kablaam" aspect to the game that really helps you get into the groove of it, and give you a confidence boost at the same time. But I'll be damned if I could explain what that kablaam aspect really is.

NJ x Falkor said:
Yes you will have an amazing experience. Maybe wait Ranked Matchmaking out a week or two to let every (sort of) get to their respected ranks. So when you hop in you will be playing with semi-first-timers.

Allright thanks for this, I'm more reassured now. Can't wait til this game hits.

RavenFox

Banned
Sorry Im late to the awesomeness of the Halo 3 thread but are some of those Spartans wearing the armor from the "Ghost of Onyx" novel?

NJ Shlice

RavenFox said:
Sorry Im late to the awesomeness of the Halo 3 thread but are some of those Spartans wearing the armor from the "Ghost of Onyx" novel?

They have not been confirmed to be Spartan III armor types but they sure do look similar.

wink.gif

Chinner

Banned
Hey BlimBlim, is there any chance you got any of the concept art that IGN has but with better compressed and higher res? Would appreciate if you have :) .

deftangel

took a programming course
New shots look awesome, especially the ones on Shrine, you can practically feel the heat haze.

One thing did occur to me though. The photo mode was confirmed (awesome!) but could these shots be taken with that....and like PGR3, Forza 2 add hefty globs of AA to make things look nicer?

I'm still hoping for AA in the final game and it was just off in the beta so they got a good frame-rate whilst they tuned the engine but the introduction of a photomode does leave open the option for lots of funky post processing to be added to the shots. It'd almost be a feature, imagine the cool stuff that could be made if it had PGR3 levels of controls for colours, contrast etc.

Just a thought anyway!

scarybore

God I love those Spartan models, the lighting on them is nice in such a way I can't explain. Can't wait to see those damn Elites :D

Karma Kramer said:
All I hope is the AA in these screens will be present in the game. I am worried though it won't look this clean.

I honestly don't think there will be AA but I hope Bungie will surprise me, the beta did look quite jagged at times but it's not a huge deal.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
NJ x Falkor said:
They have not been confirmed to be Spartan III armor types but they sure do look similar.

wink.gif

particularly interesting to me is that ign stating that these armor/helmets will become available ONLY after unlocking them at some point in the campaign.
more spartans in campaign with older variations of teh armor?

Dina

Can't stress enough how well this looks. It's no Gears, but everything fits like a charm. Brilliant use of lightning, too.

NJ Shlice

op_ivy said:
particularly interesting to me is that ign stating that these armor/helmets will become available ONLY after unlocking them at some point in the campaign.
more spartans in campaign with older variations of teh armor?

I like where you're going with that.

Take me with you.

NeXuSDK

As I said in the beta thread:

Oh and for people wondering about the size of Shrine... you have no idea!

Unfortunately, we didn't get to play it, only saw an extremely cool Saved Film (and I still hate you for that Frankie... what a tease!)... man, that was one awesome Halo orgie...

Proelite

NeXuSDK said:

Unfortunately, we didn't get to play it, only saw an extremely cool Saved Film (and I still hate you for that Frankie... what a tease!)... man, that was one awesome Halo orgie...

Did you see any sp stuff? If so, prove it.

armubaba

NeXuSDK said:

What site are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Karma Kramer said:
All I hope is the AA in these screens will be present in the game. I am worried though it won't look this clean.

I doubt the game will have that level of AA, but in motion I don't think it will make much of a difference.

op_ivy

NeXuSDK said:

ign said in their write up its about as long as valhala, but roughly 4 times the width (which, if i'm not mistaken means its wider then it is long!?). would you agree with them?

Amazing looking. Love the lighting that they are using and the scope of the MP looks great. The production design on the environments, characters, and vehicles is great.

Arch

Trolls am cry. The graphics have come a long way and I don't think anyone can deny those shots look downright amazing.

I am hot hot hot hot hotttt for this game.

NeXuSDK

Proelite said:
Did you see any sp stuff? If so, prove it.

Hell no! And for that I also hate Frankie... but we had a good chat about some SP stuff. I like his confidence in Marty's work, means a lot to me.

Edit: Frankie, at E3 you better show me your pokemans

armubaba said:
What site are you from if you don't mind me asking?

http://www.gamereactor.dk

op_ivy said:
ign said in their write up its about as long as valhala, but roughly 4 times the width (which, if i'm not mistaken means its wider then it is long!?). would you agree with them?

Hmm, as I didn't play it, it's really hard to say. It just seemed to be without boundaries...

Striker

The graphics look great! A significant improvement from the beta.

Epitaph looks really good... perhaps the best. Lighting is <3

op_ivy

NeXuSDK said:
Hmm, as I didn't play it, it's really hard to say. It just seemed to be without boundaries...

maybe that hovering "mothership" will shoot your ass down if you wonder to far off ala the guns in snowbound?

NeXuSDK

op_ivy said:
maybe that hovering "mothership" will shoot your ass down if you wonder to far off ala the guns in snowbound?

Could indeed be cool, I'm pretty sure snowbound-like methods are used...

Either way I'm loving the new map boundaries Bungie is employing, I hope there is at least one more map like Snowbound (in addition to Shrine).

Striker

Scottlarock said:
Wow! way improved on graphics & I thought they looked really good before.
elmo.story.jpg

NinSoX

Banned
I would be extremely happy if Bungie released the multiplayer portion of the game looking like it does right now. I'm really anticipating the single player mode since 80% of the team worked on it, while only 20% of the team focused on multi.

particularly interesting to me is that ign stating that these armor/helmets will become available ONLY after unlocking them at some point in the campaign

The reliability of that statement sounds seriously suspect to me. It's coming from a reviewer who claims that Epitaph's main appeal is simply that it looks good for crying out loud. Who plays maps because they look good, and not because how they play?

However, the recreated footage also unveiled two previously unannounced features for the final release - a new vehicle called the Brute Chopper, and a fresh way to customize your character with unlockable armor, dubbed 'Armor Permutations'.

How does recreated footage show that it's unlockable? There is no basis for that statement, in the reviewer's own words. Unless I am mistaken and the saved film actually had flashing neon signs over players screaming "this is unlockable".

It also sounds like they saw the same footage as Gamepro, and they didn't claim it was unlockable.

So, I'd be cautious about believing IGN.

GhaleonEB

The only other reference to the size of the campaign - aside from the descriptions of large-scale battles in the Updates - is from an interview around the time of the Beta. I can't remember who it was - might have been Jaime - but he just said, "the campaign is pretty big" or something to that effect. I have this feeling Bungie is just being coy, and the unveil of campaign is going to just be epic.

And I'm still not counting on seeing it at E3. :(

(Never before have I wanted to be wrong so much.)

NeXuSDK

Photolysis said:
The reliability of that statement sounds seriously suspect to me. It's coming from a reviewer who claims that Epitaph's main appeal is simply that it looks good for crying out loud. Who plays maps because they look good, and not because how they play?

How does recreated footage show that it's unlockable? There is no basis for that statement, in the reviewer's own words. Unless I am mistaken and the saved film actually had flashing neon signs over players screaming "this is unlockable".

It also sounds like they saw the same footage as Gamepro, and they didn't claim it was unlockable.

So, I'd be cautious about believing IGN.

Yeah, to me it sounded like regular armor changes, like color changes etc.

I wasn't there with IGN, Gamepro etc., I was on the european round, so I don't know what they heard, but it just sounded as another customization layer and if it was unlockable, I'm sure Bungie would have said it. Almost sure...

NeXuSDK

GhaleonEB said:
The only other reference to the size of the campaign - aside from the descriptions of large-scale battles in the Updates - is from an interview around the time of the Beta. I can't remember who it was - might have been Jaime - but he just said, "the campaign is pretty big" or something to that effect. I have this feeling Bungie is just being coy, and the unveil of campaign is going to just be epic.

And I'm still not counting on seeing it at E3. :(

(Never before have I wanted to be wrong so much.)

But what a way to kick off or end the MS press conference?

Killzone 2 am cry?

Proelite

NeXuSDK said:
But what a way to kick off or end the MS press conference?

Killzone 2 am cry?

it would have been funnier if the Halo 3 sp reveil was scheduled at the same time as the Killzone event.

Top Bottom