• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

On GT they said Arena tomorrow and Warzone on Sunday.

Ah, okay. I heard some saying yesterday that Friday was MP and lumped Arena and Warzone together... so confusing :(. Hopefully we get a good look at some of the Arena maps. And maybe a couple we haven't seen?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The halo 3 scarab fights are awesome but I never felt they were dynamic and actually they were always the same for me:

1 - ride elevator up to crane/platform->wait for scarab to come close-> jump on and destroy

2 - grav lift on top of platform to board and destroy

3&4 - use hornet to shoot legs then the ass until dead.

Yea, the Scarabs were an incredible sight to behold on first impression, then you kill your first and they become a minor speedbump through the rest of the campaign and on replay. Always a shame.

Just watched the blue team intro, holy shit!

I'm so ready for this!

I think i am starting my media black out on everything except trailers from now on though. I looked through the list in the OP and was tempted but i dont want to ruine the experience... goodbye halogaf, i will see everyone in the HuntTheTruth S2 thread.

[except forge / multi]

Im surprised there isn't any promo with mountain dew or doritos for Req Packs.

I want a chipotle promo. Let me buy a burrito bowl and get a req pack code as a bonus. thanks!

Journalists are notoriously bad at games and they are even worse with Halo multiplayer, yet they still usually give it positive reviews, so maybe they can look beyond how well they do.

xboxnerd

Banned
Journalists are notoriously bad at games and they are even worse with Halo multiplayer, yet they still usually give it positive reviews, so maybe they can look beyond how well they do.

Well, you know, they usually play with each other when they write their review since the game isn't out yet. It's a fair game so they probably can enjoy some fun... Before they are slaughtered by true players.

I don't think it's that journalists are bad at games, precisely (I've gotten my head handed to me by Alfredo Diaz in Titanfall enough times, lord knows), but that they're sort of forced to play in an awkwardly expository fashion while making notes (mental or otherwise) and generally not getting much/any time to practice.

Oh, and there's usually a ton of people nearby making noise.

I mean, some are just awful, yeah. But it's far from universal.

Mr Buddy

Saw this on reddit (I'm not sure if it's been discussed in this thread or not), but each Blue Team member will have different perks alongside their loadouts.

ZEXgOKo.jpg

pqxeROj.jpg

shZOX8r.jpg

xtISZe9.jpg

Definitely a pretty cool touch, and the thread also mentions that Team Osiris will have similar perks as well, although the health regeneration is supposedly replaced with enhanced thruster capabilities for them.

I was going to main Fred but lol at one more grenade

Bsigg12

Saw this on reddit (I'm not sure if it's been discussed in this thread or not), but each Blue Team member will have different perks alongside their loadouts.

ZEXgOKo.jpg

pqxeROj.jpg

shZOX8r.jpg

xtISZe9.jpg

Definitely a pretty cool touch, and the thread also mentions that Team Osiris will have similar perks as well, although the health regeneration is supposedly replaced with enhanced thruster capabilities for them.

Thanks for this. I like that they're at least giving them differences to go along with the lore from the books.

Kalentan

Thanks for this. I like that they're at least giving them differences to go along with the lore from the books.

Shouldn't Fred have enhanced melee though? If I recall Fred was the best at CQC. Which is why in Halo: Legends, they had him fight a Sangheili with dual daggers, to show said skill.

Take the melee perk from Chief give it to Fred and give Chief the grenade perk.

Bsigg12

Shouldn't Fred have enhanced melee though? If I recall Fred was the best at CQC. Which is why in Halo: Legends, they had him fight a Sangheili with dual daggers, to show said skill.

Yea but for gameplay sake, they have to make some concession to allow each character to have some sort of bonus. As much as us lore fans would want them to stick to things from the books, there has to be a certain amount of give and take in order to create a fun experience.

Just saw your edit. I think that would work as well, but I'm wondering if with the singleplayer play testing, they notice more people using melee so they kept it with Chief.

link1201

Looking forward to Arena's ranking system. I hope we get that on Friday.

Also I hope we can snag Fred's DMR during solo play throughs.

Yea but for gameplay sake, they have to make some concession to allow each character to have some sort of bonus. As much as us lore fans would want them to stick to things from the books, there has to be a certain amount of give and take in order to create a fun experience.

Just saw your edit. I think that would work as well, but I'm wondering if with the singleplayer play testing, they notice more people using melee so they kept it with Chief.

They probably have cheif with the melee due to the scene described in HTT.

El_Chino

ZEXgOKo.jpg

pqxeROj.jpg

shZOX8r.jpg

xtISZe9.jpg

This is pretty damn cool.

LordOfChaos

If there's one thing explosives training is good for, it's being able to physically carry one extra grenade :p

I guess since Chief is kind of an all rounder and not the best at anything, they had to draw his perk from somewhere, even if Fred was better at CQC.

RoKKeR

Finally got some time to catch up on all of the new coverage. Looking very solid, especially in the level design department. More open areas and vertically is just what I was hoping for after Halo 4. The one thing I was a bit disappointed with, as others have mentioned, is the lack of blood. Its definitely a nitpicky thing, but I always associate bright blue and green blood with Halo, and found it to be a bit lacking here. Noticed this especially during the Hunter fight, unless I am just watching the wrong videos.

Anyways, that's a dumb thing to complain about but there it is. Interested to get more Arena information tomorrow.

RAIDEN1

I think this is fair to say this is Xbox -1's killer app....will be interesting to see if there is a sales surge once this game is released, though maybe not enough to seriously dent sony...

If there's one thing explosives training is good for, it's being able to physically carry one extra grenade :p

I guess since Chief is kind of an all rounder and not the best at anything, they had to draw his perk from somewhere, even if Fred was better at CQC.

Ya, I think he should have been able to carry 50% more ammo for all weapons. I think thats fair considering the bonuses for the other 3.

Top Bottom