• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

RowdyReverb

If it was negative news it would make more sense to announce it farther out from launch. That would give people who choose to be upset time to calm down. It would hopefully reduce the overreaction as well. They've done nothing but great things so far with this game and don't deserve the negativity at this point. Maybe they want one more exciting reveal before release.

That's a pretty good point. Why wait until launch month to kill some hype? The only alternative I see is if they aren't sure yet if it will be ready or not by launch and don't want to overpraise.

- Nielson: Holiday 2015 The Most Anticipated Games.

holiday-2015-games-graphic-updated.png
Makes sense for it to be 100% for platform owners since Halo 5 was a big reason why people bought their Xbox One. It was probably my biggest reason.

Zeta Oni

I have the W10 dashboard and Halo 5 has been stuck in my Queue not downloading for some reason.

Choosing to manage the game gives me 46.2 gigs as the size, btw.

That's a pretty good point. Why wait until launch month to kill some hype? The only alternative I see is if they aren't sure yet if it will be ready or not by launch and don't want to overpraise.

I think the most likely scenario is that it has something to do with the MS conference or they have some other release planned to build hype. The longer they wait to reveal bad news the more of an impact the announcement has. It won't just effect those that buy the game for Forge but it'll impact reviews as well. They have been firing on all cylinders to this point so I'm keeping the faith.

I don't use Forge but release is more fun when we can all come together and say, "holy shit this is incredible". Itd be nice to reduce all the whining and also let 343 see how much the content is appreciated.

OEM

I thought no one was buying an Xbox one for Halo.

GAF likes to downplay Xbox One time to time on NPD threads but there actually are ton of 360 owners who have no converted yet. Halo 5 with sell console and copies to existing owners.

Madness

Their UK marketing is really crazy though. Remember for Halo 4 when they lit up a giant Didact symbol over London in the sky at night?

GAF likes to downplay Xbox One time to time on NPD threads but there actually are ton of 360 owners who have no converted yet. Halo 5 with sell console and copies to existing owners.

This is very true. We saw it last year. Look how many of us converted for MCC. Before that, how many bought the Halo 3 and Reach and Halo 4 consoles. Halo always sells Xboxes. It's going to be interesting though in the current climate, with a PS4 price drop whether MS can actually take November and December. I do think they should've just given the limited edition console and controller and just a digital copy of the regular version for $399, exactly like Forza. Would've sold a lot more than expecting people to want the limited edition version with the console for $100 more.

m23

So any word if Forge is going to be ready for launch? Considering we're 3 weeks away from release and haven't seen a thing, are people expecting it to hit launch?

Bsigg12

rottr under need for speed? ouch

I think AC Syndicate being above Battlefront and NFS is more telling after the disaster that was Unity. RotTR being on just Xbox platforms puts it in a weird situation for that multiplatform category since it is the only game on that list only coming to one family of consoles.

So any word if Forge is going to be ready for launch? Considering we're 3 weeks away from release and haven't seen a thing, are people expecting it to hit launch?

Hopefully tomorrow. There's going to be a huge news cycle all around for Microsoft with all eyes on them at 10am ET so if they're doing something special with Forge and Windows 10, it could be shown tomorrow. That's me being hopeful though.

rottr under need for speed? ouch

Star Wars Battlefront is under it as well, but Star Wars IP will sell copies in itself! It probably will, I wouldn't read too much into it. AC being so high is interesting, there's virtually no hype for it on NeoGAF, but this is a bit of a bubble.

OEM

Hopefully tomorrow. There's going to be a huge news cycle all around for Microsoft with all eyes on them at 10am ET so if they're doing something special with Forge and Windows 10, it could be shown tomorrow. That's me being hopeful though.

huh? Where are you guys getting this from? Its a hardware event. I dont think a feature from 1 game will make it on the stage guys.

But I would love to be wrong.

Spasm

I read that we're definitely seeing Hololens stuff tomorrow... Maybe they'll unveil Forge with it, a'la the Minecraft demo.

Welfare

I read that we're definitely seeing Hololens stuff tomorrow... Maybe they'll unveil Forge with it, a'la the Minecraft demo.

Fuck that would be cool.

I just want at the very least, a W10 Forge App. Let me get super fucking precise with all that shit.

Or hell, I know this would never happen, but a W10 app that let you build the level while simultaneously playing the creation on the Xbox in real time. Speed up the whole forge/quick play test process.

I know they're not the same, but I think the DVR feature of these new consoles has put stuff like that on the backburner.

Though, I guess it has to be there in some capacity since "spectate" seemed to use the same tech?

Definitely still gonna be in the game. Theater is too important to the series as a whole, especially for the Machinima community. Theater mode is why Red vs Blue is able to exist as it does now, and both Bungie and 343i loved supporting the Machinima crowd through Halo.

As an aside, is there any confirmation that having the "Legend" achievement unlocks Helioskrill in the main game, or was that just for the beta?

Top Bottom