• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hogwarts Legacy scene clip

I want this more than God of War Ragnarok.

Pr2dW61.gif

Saber

Gold Member
Not sure I like this approach of making it like the character is something akin to protector of animals (aka creatures in this game). Honestly, I would rather not want them to keep pushing this creatures cares all over the main story.

Still can't wait enought to play this game though.

Last edited:

Apocryphon

Black girl with thick indian accent tells weak-voiced white boy what to do, runs ahead and leaves him locked out. Feminism and woke rolled into one in fifteen seconds. Fair enough if you are into that sort of thing, but I am more into male chauvinist pig stuff.
So if the female character had been Hermione instead it would be fine.. because at least she's white? Have you ever been to the UK bru?

And is the dude supposed to sound like Kratos? You know it's a cast of highschool students right?

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Black girl with thick indian accent tells weak-voiced white boy what to do, runs ahead and leaves him locked out. Feminism and woke rolled into one in fifteen seconds. Fair enough if you are into that sort of thing, but I am more into male chauvinist pig stuff.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Please stop seeing "ghosts" everywhere.. The term 'woke' is being heavily misused these days.

I have a teenage daughter and all her male teenage friends would literally do anything she tells them. Boys are insecure among girls in that age group - it has nothing to do with wokeism or feminism.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
It does wreak of woke. You get the feeling they had to go extra hard to appease the Marxists due to Rowling's twitter issues.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Indian? What... that's blatantly just a southern African accent speaking English...

Given the time period it would have been more likely to be Jamican but it works.

Last edited:

Arcadialane

The term 'woke' is being heavily misused these days.

It 100% does apply here. Hogwarts is ment to be inspired by and based around Scotland (98% white), but looking at the gameplay clips the people look like a mix of different 3rd world countries.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
It does wreak of woke. You get the feeling they had to go extra hard to appease the Marxists due to Rowling's twitter issues.
So teenage boys are the leaders among teenage girls - according to you?

It 100% does apply here. Hogwarts is ment to be inspired by and based around Scotland, but looking at the gameplay clips the people look like a mix of different 3rd world countries.
da_3.jpg

Will Smith Reaction GIF

K2D

Banned
I know wakanda when I hear it..! You're miles and half the globe wrong there mate.

k_trout

It 100% does apply here. Hogwarts is ment to be inspired by and based around Scotland (98% white), but looking at the gameplay clips the people look like a mix of different 3rd world countries.
i take it you didnt know Scotland is named after an Egyptian queen

Kiraly

A month before your's child's 11th birthday, if you are a resident of the UK or Ireland, you will receive a letter delivered by owl telling you your child is due at Hogwarts.

Cleave, Maureen. "Wizard with Words," Telegraph Magazine, July 3, 1999

Q: Can American kids go to Hogwarts ? (Kelly)
A: No, they have their own school. You'll find out in Book 4. Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland.

"World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000

Couldn't be bothered to look up more. Rowling was saying this two decades ago.

Last edited:

Certinty

Not a fan of Harry Potter at all but this does look very good. But I do feel this game is way too optimistic for its own good and is trying to take on too much, I hope i’m wrong though.

Chronicle

Holy shit you're insecure!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
hogwarts is meant to be in scotland yes but doesn't mean only scottish students go. thats fucking silly or we wouldn't have Harry Potter at all. the books/movies have scottish, english, welsh, and irish students. ykno....all countries of the UK. not all of the UK is white.

Fahdis

Black Girl
Indian Accent
United Kingdom

This guy has no idea about the world does he. So pal, what do you know about colonialism or immigration? Or accents? Or actual feminism?

Sincerely,
Brown Guy
American Accent
Quad-Lingual

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
You know, I wonder if there are racist wizards. I know there are those who dislike Muggles and wizards with Muggle parents, but they don‘t seem to dislike wizards from other countries and races as long as they‘re of magical descent. But since this game takes place in the 19th century, it would make sense if there are some British Muggleborn students at Hogwarts who sneer at their black, asian or Indian classmates, having grown up with the attitudes of imperial Britain at the height if its power.

There should be a scene between a black pureblood and a white muggleborn, throwing slurs at each other lol.

Omg @ gamers that whine at the slightest hint of non-super-masculine characters. And claiming the game is “woke” because the male character isn’t macho. Since when is Harry Potter known for having a bunch of Arnold Schwarzeneggers roaming around?

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I see the lunatics are running the asylum in NeoGAF as usual. 😂 some fucking people can’t just enjoy how amazing games are without being complete twats about it one way or another.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Omg @ gamers that whine at the slightest hint of non-super-masculine characters. And claiming the game is “woke” because the male character isn’t macho. Since when is Harry Potter known for having a bunch of Arnold Schwarzeneggers roaming around?
Since Naughty Dog introduced Arnold Schwarzeneggers female version in TLoU2. I mean it is a new territory for video games and devs keep surprising us.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
So cutscenes are 15 fps just like the gameplay? Really hope they can clean up the performance in this game.

Mr Moose

Audio needs improving, the voice when behind the door doesn't sound like it's coming from behind the door, sounds almost the same as when they are outside of it.

mortal

Gold Member
She doesnt even have an Indian accent.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

zkorejo

Looks good and interesting but that indian accent is SO indian it's almost as if someone's mocking their accent. Kind of like a comedian mimicking an Indian accent. Very exaggerated.

mortal

Gold Member
Looks good and interesting but that indian accent is SO indian it's almost as if someone's mocking their accent. Kind of like a comedian mimicking an Indian accent. Very exaggerated.
In what reality is that accent even remotely Indian? I swear some of you must trolling.

Top Bottom