• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Huxley (PC) Screens

Nick

irfan said:
2726-noscale-4268220070202_112026_1_big.jpg
What's going on with his asshole?

Shapingo

Aaron said:
It didn't work that way at E3. I think it was capped at 16 (though maybe I'm thinking of another game). Still, it was like playing a slowed down version of the first UT. Shadowrun was more enjoyable.

16 max players? Man, that really sucks then.

I envisioned a GTA scope like game where it was all out chaos (2 teams of 50+ blasting everything up) I'd love to see a game that was a chaotic battlefield even if it had last gen graphics (destructable everything with hundreds playing)

Shadowrun looks a lot better now than at e3, so I'm still not counting this game out

Aaron

Shapingo said:
16 max players? Man, that really sucks then.
It was probably just for E3 or whatever, now that I think about it. The maps were pretty large and even when you had twelve or so people all going at once, it felt like a ghost town. Still, it sort of felt like playing Diablo, but instead of fighting monsters, you were fighting other players to get better gear and such. I didn't play it for very long though.

Zifnab

muramura said:
Generic, well kindof

Pretty, don't deny it **** the haters who jizzed all over the new mass effect screens and are now shitting all over this game

QFT

2729-noscale-4268220070202_112028_4_big.jpg

If this shot was instead released as a new Mass Effect screen I am sure that there would be 4-5 pages of drooling over it :lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Zifnab said:
QFT

If this shot was instead released as a new Mass Effect screen I am sure that there would be 4-5 pages of drooling over it :lol

for me..ME is about the gameplay, and story; now coupled with great graphics.. so what is your point comparing a FPS and an RPG to each other?

Haunted

Blackace said:
for me..ME is about the gameplay, and story; now coupled with great graphics.. so what is your point comparing a FPS and an RPG to each other?
+ comparing a MMO and a single-player game.

I don't really like the visual style (the red armor is the only exception), although I respect the dev for not touching up their shots. Too bad it doesn't look that great. :(

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Not sure if there's really a point but Mass Effect shits all over these particular Huxley screen shots from a technological point of view and (inserting subjective opinion) art point of view.

What happened with this game though? First time I saw it from E3 2 years ago it looked fantastic... Remember that real time cinematic thing? It just seems to have gone down hill since then. What a shame... I hope the gameplay is not as generic as those screenshots are making it look.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Its amazing.....how boring this game is starting to look. I sure hope alot of that stuff is placeholders.....some stuff just looks completely out of place...esh.

bengraven

Not sure if I dig the gritty visuals with small hints of bright colors. A completely black and gritty armor with a patch of bright blue? I don't know...

It's like spraypainting the tip of a turd bright red.

Cheeto

Wow, you guys sure do have high expectations for MMO graphics.

bengraven said:
Not sure if I dig the gritty visuals with small hints of bright colors. A completely black and gritty armor with a patch of bright blue? I don't know...

It's like spraypainting the tip of a turd bright red.

Did you ever stop to think that, maybe those colors are there to designate the teams?

Zifnab

U K Narayan said:
Don't be stupid. Mass Effect looks a lot better than this.

Not really. It has the same faults (very low poly, lots of jaggies, plastic characters, good and bad textures in same area, etc.) Of course, considering they are both using UE3 that's not surprising.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Zifnab said:
QFT

2729-noscale-4268220070202_112028_4_big.jpg

Oh, please.

Zifnab said:
Not really. It has the same faults (very low poly, lots of jaggies, plastic characters, good and bad textures in same area, etc.) Of course, considering they are both using UE3 that's not surprising.
You are either blind or completely deranged.

Hunter D

Zifnab said:
Mass Effect looks much better than this in every way.

Ravager61

Zifnab said:
And you are wearing fanboy goggles.

Note that this is actually a bullshot as it has a lot of AA applied...

You are an idiot. That is not a bullshot.

904_0003.jpg

And neither is this which obviously looks better than Huxley.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Zifnab said:
And you are wearing fanboy goggles.

mass-effect-20070126102400945.jpg

Note that this is actually a bullshot as it has a lot of AA applied...
-First, many people like me drool over ME because it features some of the finest art directions of this gen.
-Second, you prolly picked one of the worst caps of the game.
-Third, I don't remember people praising that concrete screen *at all*

I for one don't think Huxley looks atrocious for the kind of game it tries to be, but comparing it with Mass Effect not only is utterly retarded, but borderlines trolling.

Zifnab

Ravager61 said:
You are an idiot. That is not a bullshot.

More fanboy crap. Mass effect (and all UE3 console games) have no AA. Any shot that isn't representative of what you'll see on screen is a bullshot. Period.

Funky Papa said:
-Second, you prolly picked one of the worst caps of the game.

One of the worst caps? I could have picked far worse. That shot is from one of the recent batches. There are other shots from that same area that look similar.

-Third, I don't remember people praising that concrete screen *at all*

Search through the forum history...

Funky Papa said:
I for one don't think Huxley looks atrocious for the kind of game it tries to be, but comparing it with Mass Effect not only is utterly retarded, but borderlines trolling.

So calling other posters "an idiot" or "retarded" is not trolling yet pointing out valid similarities between the two games is? What a joke

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Zifnab said:
So calling other posters "an idiot" or "retarded" is not trolling yet pointing out valid similarities between the two games is? What a joke
Valid similarities my ass. What you are doing is akin to comparing Frame City Killer with Strangehold. You just picked up some flaws and ran with them ignoring the tremendous disparities between both games. You are just hating for the sake of it, and to be sincere I don't even know why I am losing my time with somebody as obtuse as you. Have a nice day.

I have low expectations for the gameplay because of the developer and also the genre it's attempt to evolve, but visually is definitely looks nice and I would be very pleased to see it turn out well.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
muramura said:
Generic, well kindof

Pretty, don't deny it
**** the haters who jizzed all over the new mass effect screens and are now shitting all over this game

Just because they're using the same engine doesn't mean they look the same. Mass Effect looks cleaner and much more easy on the eyes.

This game should get some flak though, considering its an MMO

And who knew theres a rabid following for Huxley? :lol

Top Bottom