• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

Fritz said:
and this:
2d9e977.png

courtesy of tenbatsu from the Last Story thread
That box art is so incredible.

faridmon

Kuran said:
I'm sorry, but PSP is so underappreciated on GAF!

Peace Walker is still keeping me busy, even without anyone to play mp with... Monster Hunter Tri is coming out really soon, Parasite Eve looks amazing, Dissidia 2 will also be likewise, and Tactics Ogre is almost here!

Amazing lineup...
You said that in a therad of boxart art threa...

...right.

Catshade said:
Fly Mr. Science -- Great Expedition of the Earth! Challenge the Mysterious and Strange Creatures :lol

wdFyM.jpg

(pic from Go*Nintendo)

Oh god :lol
I have a strong urge to buy a copy of that and put it on my shelf, just to freak everyone out.

Mockingbird said:
This is the box art
71S7Pp2QDUL._AA1116_.jpg

See NoA, it's not that hard to do. It is great seeing well composed box art. It is a shame most US companies don't understand basic concepts of graphic design. Instead it's SELL, SELL, SELL. Erg. This is why we need more custom box art.

jling84 said:
I hope so too, but I think we all know there's no way either of those Catherine boxarts will make it here.
I think they could do it. It's not like they are a mainstream publisher, and not many retail stores carry their games to begin with. At the very least, I think the 360 boxart could be used.

Despera

Banned
ninj4junpei said:
I think they could do it. It's not like they are a mainstream publisher, and not many retail stores carry their games to begin with. At the very least, I think the 360 boxart could be used.
I have feeling both Catherine and Katherine will make it on the US boxart. Maybe back-to-back or something.

ilikeme

What is the Wizardry game for PS3 and does it have any chance of being localized?

Please tell me what I want to hear. Onegai-sama!!!!

waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh im gonna cryyy wizardry tales of the forsaken land was awesome :'(((((((((

ilikeme said:
What is the Wizardry game for PS3 and does it have any chance of being localized?

Please tell me what I want to hear. Onegai-sama!!!!

waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh im gonna cryyy wizardry tales of the forsaken land was awesome :'(((((((((

AFAIK that Wizardry game is a two-pack of two JP PSN Wizardry releases.

It will never be localized. Wizardry died in the West with Wizardry 8 for PC and Forsaken Land for PS2 (which was by that time developed in Japan and localized). It's doing fine in Japan, crazy and bizzare situation. It's a shame, the PS3 games have GLORIOUS 2D character and monster art (Etrian Odyssey + dark fantasy + HD = WIN).

Market for this type of dungeon crawlers is dead in the West I think (how well did Etrian Odyssey do in the West?).

Radogol

Castor Krieg said:
AFAIK that Wizardry game is a two-pack of two JP PSN Wizardry releases.

Two?

Castor Krieg said:
It's doing fine in Japan, crazy and bizzare situation.

Yeah, it's a fascinating case. I think there are twice as many Wizardry games in Japan as in the West, and that's not even counting all the remakes. Just imagine if Interplay or Bioware were churning out new Final Fantasy titles while the series was dead in the East.

Lard

Banned
ninj4junpei said:
I hope Atlus USA uses the PS3 boxart. :lol

I actually like the 360 boxart.

Benjillion said:
See NoA, it's not that hard to do. It is great seeing well composed box art. It is a shame most US companies don't understand basic concepts of graphic design. Instead it's SELL, SELL, SELL. Erg. This is why we need more custom box art.

I really like the style, but something about the perspective is wrong. It's like that Captain American art by Liefeld.

Radogol

Castor Krieg said:
Wizardry Twin Pack includes Wizardry: Dungeon of the Imprisoned Souls and the upcoming PSN release Wizardry: Town of the Imprisoned Spirits.

Thanks, I didn't know there's a second PSN game in the pipeline. Interesting.

Salsa

Seraphis Cain said:

Just saw a video, could be cool ? considering the fact that its probably not done in the now overused tenkaichi style.

And almost anything DBZ related gets localized so..

I almost got excited for a moment but I mistook the "PSP" for "PS3".
Plus it's using the Wii version's art(cept Annnna is included..yay for that). Come on D3 hook me up with a real Onechanbara sequel already.

micster

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I almost got excited for a moment but I mistook the "PSP" for "PS3".
Plus it's using the Wii version's art(cept Annnna is included..yay for that). Come on D3 hook me up with a real Onechanbara sequel already.
I just cant believe its been 3 years since Revolution.

Top Bottom