• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

51Wdw-UJTmL.jpg

61ZzAG6YTGL.jpg
51wJ88ZGdbL.jpg

Holy shit so many characters.

StayDead

One thing I noticed that is different about Japanese box art is that they tend to have a lot of shit on covers, while in the west it's usually just one person (one dude with a gun) or two, one main character and behind him second character that is most of the time a woman

You've forgotten that boxarts in the west are also always blue or orange, while also having the same pose for everything

EDIT: See Mega64's Chin down eyes up.

Eusis

Without a doubt the most poorly designed box art I've seen in this thread in recent memory. Good lord.
It's like they blindly dumped all the bright vibrant colors they had onto it, and it somehow took the form of a mob of girls.

Lusankya

"This product is not endorsed or approved by ETS."

You don't say...
I guess you can sell everything in Japan as long as you include a cute mascot character. o_O

Eusis

Need to hop on that Japanese lessons.
Aksys needs to flex their muscles and get this on 360 over here.

Or they need to get it on PS3/Wii U if that can't work out so on one of the two they can get it out, I just want to see that made available again after 999 and VLR.

Makoto

Almost had the combo going with characters bursting out of their clothes but the dudefest on the far right had to ruin it.

Aru

2 games for Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo ? Or are those two editions of the same game ?
It's a dating simulation probably. I really like this series, so I'm pretty sad I won't be able to play the games.

61ak4KAMw%2BL.jpg

O_O Takara Tomy's game division is ALIVE?! :O

I guess Naruto Powerful Shippuden proves that Namco Bandai has a complete monopoly on the series, so where does that leave Clash of Ninja?

BTW, the game above is actually developed by Syn Sophia, the Style Savvy folks (even says so in the copyright at the bottom left of the box).

This is the best I can find website-wise:

http://www.prettyrhythm.jp/game.php

Seems like T-ARTS (how they like to be called now seemingly) don't have a game section like they used to...

Maybe they're extremely selective in their game releases? Better than nothing I guess.

Top Bottom