• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

514WdKQuZOL._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
51iMgd%2BOAwL._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
Dating Sim?

Dereck

Looks like a mess, just a bunch of renders placed randomly without any coordination, generic background, blue color trying to bring everything together and nothing meshes.

It's also messed up that some of the characters just plainly aren't PS All-Stars at all and it gives the cover less impact and just makes it a joke.

Snowballo

[OT] The astronaut inside the church

I'm asking here because I cannot create a new topic. Maybe someone could help me finding the picture I'm looking for.

I'm talking about ad avert concerning a game, old one (PSX or PS2). The game was an RPG and I tought it was Star Ocean but looking around it seems I'm wrong.

What was in the advert

There was an astronaut inside a church. The picture (artwork not ingame) was really awesome and there was the release date of the game at the bottom. I cannot remember anything else.

What game was that?
Thanks so much.

I wished I lived in Japan so I could buy all these vita games with cute girls on the cover

PS all stars is the ugliest thing I've ever seen

Tenrius

[OT] The astronaut inside the church

I'm asking here because I cannot create a new topic. Maybe someone could help me finding the picture I'm looking for.

I'm talking about ad avert concerning a game, old one (PSX or PS2). The game was an RPG and I tought it was Star Ocean but looking around it seems I'm wrong.

What was in the advert

There was an astronaut inside a church. The picture (artwork not ingame) was really awesome and there was the release date of the game at the bottom. I cannot remember anything else.

What game was that?
Thanks so much.

Could it be Echo Night: Beyond? I couldn't find the actual ad, but the main character wears a space suit and there is a church (sorta), although the game is set entirely on a Moon base and it's a horror game, not an RPG.

Eusis

On another note, I kidn of wonder if that 3D warning's optional for T and M. Didn't see it on Atlus's games, but it's there on Fire Emblem, and it's there on Castlevania.

hirokazu

On another note, I kidn of wonder if that 3D warning's optional for T and M. Didn't see it on Atlus's games, but it's there on Fire Emblem, and it's there on Castlevania.
It's terrible and I don't even know why it's necessary. I feel bad that all the American boxes are ruined by that.

And this is why I've transitioned so easily from being an anime fan to a My Little Pony fan.

Japanese advertising and general aesthetic sense in the pop art pop culture world is very unicorns and rainbows.

Why can't I have more unicorns and rainbows over here? I'm an American and I love unicorns and rainbows, too. Unicorn power!

A lot of people say they like the moe girls things because they like to have cute attractive girls. And a lot of people blame them of just liking it because of said cute, attractive, whatever girls. Whether good or bad, often times it is people pointing the finger at moe fans.

Me, more than anything, while cute girls are cute. I think I go for the overall cute design of things. Whether it is cats or dogs or ponies or people. And pastel and candy colours. I like cute, colourful design. And of course, when people say Westernization, they're not talking about more settings like Rome or ancient Britain. When talking about video games, they're talking about us getting less of this sort of thing.

I don't know why the West can't be more appreciative of things that are less macho and more "girly". I think that one of the reasons I fell in love with anime when I was still a little kid, was that it was hardly ever overty macho. Incredibly sexist oftentimes yes, but not overtly macho. And with all that saccharine sugariness it was easier to look past cultural flaws.

I love how literally the only characters on the PS All-Stars box Japanese gamers would even recognize are grouped on the front like that, whereas all the nameless nobodies are just kinda hovering around them.

Takao

Banned
Princess Arthur? :|

One of Idea Factory's upcoming otome games is Princess Arthur [above], which is about the legend of King Arthur. How did that game come about? Was it developed with English-speaking audiences in mind?

Kochiwa: We developed an otome game using the King Arthur legend because there are many female fans in Japan that really enjoy its lore. I believe this is another title that we may possibly consider to be released if there are enough requests for it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-x-button/2013-02-20

Top Bottom