• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New JXD s7800 android gaming tablet (has integrated buttons/sticks)

Fox1304

Definitely a pricing error. Snagged a cheap tablet this way too on a separate order. Hope one of them will go through.

At that price it's a steal, and could make for a wonderful christmas gift for someone in the family.

SiDCrAzY

This actually shipped out to me at 47 bucks! Anybody else's dx.com order shipped out already?

I'll wait until it's in my hands to say this was a steal, but it's looking good. I never would've paid full price for this thing.

Eusis

Given how Yoshida was talking not too long ago, I kind of wonder if something like this won't be the eventual Vita successor (assuming one exists).
And now that this is bumped back up, I can't help but wonder if maybe a dual booting handheld would be Sony's way forward if they iterate on the Vita. A closed off OS for their core games, then an Android one for the larger market. Then again they'd probably just want to push Playstation Mobile.

SiDCrAzY

This is as much a tablet as the vita or the Wii u gamepad. So not a tablet.

It has a bigger screen than a vita and it actually runs android os, which means apps and games that a tablet would run, more than I can say for the Wii u gamepad.

It's not a traditional tablet, like say an iPad or a Kindle Fire because of the gaming controls, but it can serve as one.

Fox1304

This actually shipped out to me at 47 bucks! Anybody else's dx.com order shipped out already?

I'll wait until it's in my hands to say this was a steal, but it's looking good. I never would've paid full price for this thing.

Damn, mine is still on backorder. Hope it'll ship, I'd love to try this device ( especially at that price :D )

I would have taken the plunge but I've heard nothing but bad things about their hardware.

Plus couldn't they have made a 5" version with similar specs?

Vorg

Banned
Some people at dingoonity are reporting that their DX orders taking advantage of the promotion/pricing mistake have been unceremoniously cancelled and the money refunded without warning over the weekend. Did any of you actually get one?

On another note, the Dreamcast emulator runs great on this thing and the physical controls seem to work with some limitations. The L and R triggers are not assigned and the start button is assigned to the L1 button.

SiDCrAzY

Some people at dingoonity are reporting that their DX orders taking advantage of the promotion/pricing mistake have been unceremoniously cancelled and the money refunded without warning over the weekend. Did any of you actually get one?

Mine is still on the way. It just entered US soil :)

SiDCrAzY

So I got mine today ^_^

It's a decent machine, I have a Shield also and while this doesn't compare to the Shield it's still a steal at 47 bucks.

I would have been upset if it paid full price though.

Vorg

Banned
So I got mine today ^_^

It's a decent machine, I have a Shield also and while this doesn't compare to the Shield it's still a steal at 47 bucks.

I would have been upset if it paid full price though.

Well, I paid full price (160) and I'm pretty happy with it. It's no shield but it's also half the price. Retroarch alone makes it worth it for me.

SiDCrAzY

I think the fact that I have the Shield makes me like this less. The Shield is such a smooth experience.

But like I mentioned, for 47 bucks its definitely a steal. I didn't mean that anybody that paid full price(or close to it) shouldn't be satisfied. Just talking about me personally.

Top Bottom